Denver shooting at Batman film
  • This is another of my issues with conspiracy culture... Its like a game of turning every tragic event into part of the mythology, and seeing who can come up with the best story for what the truth is.

A popular paranormal/conspiracy podcast recently featured a respected conspiracy researcher who claimed to have figured out that the Columbine shooting was a planned Satanic ritual by the Satanist elite... and all the fans just marvel at the scary sinisterness of it all. Its like a form of entertainment, not dissimilar to the detached fear of a fucked up horror film.

I just saw on Lunaticoutpost (http://lunaticoutpost.com/Topic-Freemason-Logo-on-Colorado-theater) that someone thinks the lines on the outside of the theater, look like freemason compasses. I want to slap them.

NOT that I don't believe in conspiracies and what not, but it is shit like that, that does a huge disservice to any truth.

sigh........

century 16... 1+ 6 = 7... 1776...Adam Weishaupt...
  • Reading tweets about the weapons he used is frightening. Not the guns themselves, but the complete delusional perception the media and general public has about them.
    एकम् सत् विप्राः बहुधा वदन्ति
    That which exists is One, but sages call it by various names.
  • This is another of my issues with conspiracy culture... Its like a game of turning every tragic event into part of the mythology, and seeing who can come up with the best story for what the truth is.

A popular paranormal/conspiracy podcast recently featured a respected conspiracy researcher who claimed to have figured out that the Columbine shooting was a planned Satanic ritual by the Satanist elite... and all the fans just marvel at the scary sinisterness of it all. Its like a form of entertainment, not dissimilar to the detached fear of a fucked up horror film.

I just saw on Lunaticoutpost (http://lunaticoutpost.com/Topic-Freemason-Logo-on-Colorado-theater) that someone thinks the lines on the outside of the theater, look like freemason compasses. I want to slap them.

NOT that I don't believe in conspiracies and what not, but it is shit like that, that does a huge disservice to any truth.

sigh........

century 16... 1+ 6 = 7... 1776...Adam Weishaupt...

Illuminati is a good thing, current freemasons are not. At least according to the Illuminati.
    photo lao-tzu-field1copysmall.jpg
  • I don't get that Charlie Brooker video.
    They're saying that reporting on this is wrong because it causes more mass murders?
    They should not sensationalize murder and make it boring?

That's so strange. Like when someone want to suppress information so that people "won't get hurt". I even read comments somewhere else saying that we shouldn't even call the batman killer by name, what's up with that? Ridiculous.
  • martinl said:

I don't get that Charlie Brooker video.
    They're saying that reporting on this is wrong because it causes more mass murders?
    They should not sensationalize murder and make it boring?

That's so strange. Like when someone want to suppress information so that people "won't get hurt". I even read comments somewhere else saying that we shouldn't even call the batman killer by name, what's up with that? Ridiculous.

It's not suppressing information, it's acknowledging it happened and moving on.
  • But why move on? Let's dwell on it, and find out all the dirty details.
    It's better than fiction.
  • I have a friend in news media as a reporter/videographer who told me the reason that they cover murders so intensely is because it is what the people want to see. Despite anything anyone tells you otherwise, the facts are: if there was no market for the violence they would not air it. However, when tragedies like this happen ratings spike and people get glued to the news. Think 9/11, or the Pacific Tsunami, or the Japan Earthquake. More people watching means airtime can sell for more money. Ergo, death = $. Sex = $, too. Violence, pain and suffering definitely = $. Sad but true, and a good reason to stop watching TV.

Incidentally, I asked him how he deals with seeing so much violence and he said they all cope by numbing themselves to it as much as possible. Only one death he covered in the last few years really got to him. I admire him a lot, but then it also made me think that the people in Nazi Germany probably just coped by numbing themselves to the violence and inhumanity, too. Chilling to think about because really any of us could be on either side of the violence if the circumstances were right. So grateful they have not been right in my life.
    "the idea is to remain in a state of constant departure while always arriving" - Boat Car Guy
  • this all makes me angry and siad...and I hope all your loved ones are safe tonight...
    Eyes that have seen will know what I mean - Todd Rundgren
  • The fact that it was at this movie has to be related. I haven't seen the most recent, but the whole Joker as being the necessary anti-hero and the significance of what he stood for in the last movie definitely feels like it is being alluded to in this incident. Whether he was brainwashed into doing this or not is certainly a good question. It wouldn't surprise me considering things like the fact that ted kazinsky was involved in the MK Ultra program from the 60's, and that false flag operations have been elevated to such horrific levels in the past. God dammit I'm sick of having to think about how fucked up shit is.

• I don't even remotely think this happened because of the movie series, because that's just ridiculous...

I agree with a lot of your thoughts Lucem, but then again... when some fucking soulless psychopath attempts to slaughter an entire audience, I really have to wonder.

If it were simply terrorism, why didn't he attack any other franchise? Or a different group of people? It was specifically the Dark Knight; guns, cops, bombs, criminals... all portrayed intensely close to real life scenarios, because Gotham is really no longer portrayed as a fictitious place.

So now we have this desensitized white male who ruthlessly committed murder... attacking truly innocent people... something just beyond words.... again I have to wonder, why during THIS film?
  • heard reports he was dressed as the Joker...
  • Lots of rumors. Confirmed reports are of black body armor and gas mask. Colorado local news has the best coverage - http://www.9news.com/video/9newsonline.aspx
  • nordicpheasantnordicpheasant
    I'm a Troll. Don't Feed Me., Banned
    A great book to read on these psycho dudes is Dave Mcgowan's Programmed to Kill. He also has some great interviews on youtube about crazy shit happening at Laurel Canyon over the years. Like how Jim Morrison (a leader of hippy movement) was the sun of the guy in charge of the gulf of Tonkin joke.

either way, in a just society they would extract all info from the guy possible and then blow his brains out. instead of how cali pays millions of dollars a year to keep charlie manson incarcerated (why is the state broke?). It is filled with morons. It is amazing because i can live off of a net of 35000 a year. the only thing about intel gathering is who is interrogating him and how much do they keep to themselves. It is pretty amazing that he stayed alive, that is extremely unusual in these types of incidents. especially considering how he was carrying weapons allegedly at the time yet the cannibal in miami got shot and killed (completely fake story) This one may have legs though.

sorry for the grammar
    Post edited by nordicpheasant at 2012-07-21 10:27:38
    celticrebel.wordpress.com
    http://freedompup.com/
  • nordicpheasantnordicpheasant
    I'm a Troll. Don't Feed Me., Banned
    There was some news that showed where he bought his armor, from missouri. his guns from a bass pro shop in colorado. The real question is where the fuck you get tear gas bombs from. that is a red flag.
    Post edited by nordicpheasant at 2012-07-21 10:29:53
    celticrebel.wordpress.com
    http://freedompup.com/
  • The only thing worth doing is that which I can do by will alone... everything else is just passing time. (*)
  • I've read he may have been experimenting with brain altering substances through his studies, that MIGHT explain why a seemingly intelligent person may have a mental implosion to this degree. I also keep seeing he left CO uni for an "undisclosed reason." I have to agree that if news outlets didn't give such attention to these people, it wouldn't fulfill their 'goal.' but the truth is I am interested in the news from Aurora. I go about my day, but observing tragedy is a human experience.
  • @LucemPortabo I was thinking this as all this transpired.

I don't watch the news much anymore.
    Love is what occurs when the universe recognizes itself for what it is.
    owlsa support waned RIP orgone
  • I went to see The Dark Knight Rises today. I'm in Glasgow, Scotland, many miles away from this horrific incident. However, bag searches are now being conducted in this particular cinema, not usual practice. I'm not commenting on whether that's right or wrong but it does make you stop and think about how events like this can change our perceptions of danger. The cold, unfortunate truth is that if someone is of such a will, they can find ways to carryout horrific acts any time or place. Can we really guard against that. Although I didn't feel in any danger it was a bit of surreal experience given what had transpired. Interestingly there are a number of terrorist/concealed weapon leading into shootout scenarios. But then again its an action film.

Good to see mentions of Newswipe on here, I often think of that clip whenever I see the media frenzy created by an incident like this.
  • Black clothing, bullet proof vest, gas mask, assault rifle...Funny thing is he was dressed like one of the "good guys," not a villain.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] at 2012-08-16 04:05:19
  • orgoneorgone
    I'm a Troll. Don't Feed Me.
    Just for fodder... interesting tales:

• Here's a very succinct interesting comment that I read, which was in response to an article describing what biographical information has been released about the shooter. Some excellent questions:
    "EC:
    There are some glaring inconsistencies arising in the massacre when you stop to piece a few things together.1. How does a grad student who was unemployed afford the money to purchase authentic and expensive SWAT equipment (i.e., thousands)? 2. Why does he dress up like a soldier to take out unarmed civilians, which he does, then passively wait by his car to give up without a fight with police? 3. Where does a student even obtain such specialty equipment that resembles restricted military material, the black market? 4. Nothing is indicated in his personality that he had this capacity for violence, in fact he was shy and quiet, as noted consistently by those that knew him? 5. What could account for shuch a violent shilft in behavior, in a manner of a months, that causes one to boldly jump into unreality. Does it not look like he might have had some mind alteration experience, perhaps something he submitted to, and this is the (literally) crazy outcome of it? 6. Why would he indiscrimnately shoot unarmed people of all ages, without remorse and warning, then casually tip off police that he had explosives in his apartment (as if he suddenly feared police also being killed and other unknown innocents in the apartment getting harmed.)?

In short, as one thinks about it, it looks more like he might has been prepared and sent, rather than this being a self-initiating 'one-man' horror show without explanations and telltale patterns. Was something done to him? Stranger things have happened (and documented) under governments where incidents of violence or terrorist threats were actually staged in advanced (by FBI) to create impressions, or certain moods and even political outcomes.

Who knows? One key point worth looking at is the comment by his parents that they thought the authorities had the 'right person.' Parents who make that conclusion as soon as they did have a story to tell. I hope we hear it."
    Gargoyles, garglin' oil
  • ehhrrwal said:

Here's a very succinct interesting comment that I read, which was in response to an article describing what biographical information has been released about the shooter. Some excellent questions:
    "EC:
    There are some glaring inconsistencies arising in the massacre when you stop to piece a few things together.1. How does a grad student who was unemployed afford the money to purchase authentic and expensive SWAT equipment (i.e., thousands)? 2. Why does he dress up like a soldier to take out unarmed civilians, which he does, then passively wait by his car to give up without a fight with police? 3. Where does a student even obtain such specialty equipment that resembles restricted military material, the black market? 4. Nothing is indicated in his personality that he had this capacity for violence, in fact he was shy and quiet, as noted consistently by those that knew him? 5. What could account for shuch a violent shilft in behavior, in a manner of a months, that causes one to boldly jump into unreality. Does it not look like he might have had some mind alteration experience, perhaps something he submitted to, and this is the (literally) crazy outcome of it? 6. Why would he indiscrimnately shoot unarmed people of all ages, without remorse and warning, then casually tip off police that he had explosives in his apartment (as if he suddenly feared police also being killed and other unknown innocents in the apartment getting harmed.)?

In short, as one thinks about it, it looks more like he might has been prepared and sent, rather than this being a self-initiating 'one-man' horror show without explanations and telltale patterns. Was something done to him? Stranger things have happened (and documented) under governments where incidents of violence or terrorist threats were actually staged in advanced (by FBI) to create impressions, or certain moods and even political outcomes.

Who knows? One key point worth looking at is the comment by his parents that they thought the authorities had the 'right person.' Parents who make that conclusion as soon as they did have a story to tell. I hope we hear it."

If I may...

1. Easiest one--Credit, loads of credit, which college kids can come by very very easily
    2. He was also dressed up like a cop...also, he is obviously insane
    3. Nope...depending on state laws, everything he had can be bought legally
    4.Typical of mass murderers...although applying the Black Swan theory, there will be plenty of clarity in hindsight
    5. Not really. He might have just reached the point where he could no longer silence the voices...possibly the stress of school was the final straw
    6. He is clearly insane.

No offense to any of you posing similar theories, but this "prepared and sent" stuff is a load of shit. Nothing is pointing toward anything other than "fucking crazy"
  • And now for Alex Jones's inevitable take on the matter.

http://youtu.be/sabePxK07Is
  • @sherpa17

I don't believe or disbelieve anything, and I have no theory on the motivations of the shooter. However, deciding that anything is "a load of shit" at this point is a gross assumption. There needs to be more information, and it is important that questions like that are asked. Deciding that the only explanation is that he is "fucking crazy" (while potentially being totally accurate) at this stage is just fulfilling the need to have a simple answer that fits- that being the most vague and all-inclusive. Unsatisfactory conclusion.
    Post edited by ehhrrwal at 2012-07-21 20:31:20
    Gargoyles, garglin' oil
  • It depresses me that one of those cops didn't just shoot him in the fucking head.
  • It depresses me that one of those cops didn't just shoot him in the fucking head.

I understand and appreciate your sentiment but answers are important. He'll get what's coming to him.
    Gargoyles, garglin' oil
  • @ehhrrwal "In short, as one thinks about it, it looks more like he might has been prepared and sent, rather than this being a self-initiating 'one-man' horror show without explanations and telltale patterns."

So, my take based on the known facts point to an obvious conclusion--Occam's Razor and all of that. Your words, quoted above, show that you to believe something that is preposterous on its face. You say you don't believe or not believe anything, but obviously you do. Your idiosyncratic and outlandish belief is that it appears likely he was sent into that theater.

I don't think anything about the world is simple. I believe a lot of crazy people can hold it together and some snap and do bad things. This is obviously a case of crazy. The problem with having a mind that is too open is that shit can get let in.
    Post edited by sherpa17 at 2012-07-21 20:48:46
  • @sherpa17

Those aren't my words. I'm quoting a comment I read by someone else, which I explain in the first sentence of the post. I just thought his comment was succinct and took an important stance.
    Post edited by ehhrrwal at 2012-07-21 20:50:15
    Gargoyles, garglin' oil
  • It's preposterous, not important...but I respect your right to quote whackiness here and shouldn't be such a weeny about it
    Post edited by sherpa17 at 2012-07-21 21:02:20
  • it's frustrating to me how we all have this meager trickle of info, and some people won't hesitate to tell you what absolutely DIDN'T happen. you're entitled to your opinion but we just don't know for sure
  • @sherpa17 And I respect your need for immediate conclusions. In fact, it's probably better just to not question anything. The world is scary when you stop ignoring the scarcity of concrete objective facts. I however would like more information before I start pretending that what I believe is objective truth.
    Post edited by ehhrrwal at 2012-07-21 21:31:40
    Gargoyles, garglin' oil
  • The timing is suspicious though.

And don't say the government is not willing to kill people to promote an agenda through psych warfare.

• There was some news that showed where he bought his armor, from missouri. his guns from a bass pro shop in colorado. The real question is where the fuck you get tear gas bombs from. that is a red flag.

Here you go... http://www.keepshooting.com/clear-out-6oz-tear-gas-grenade.html

I'm not sure if they sell red flags
  • Sweet, he appears to be Jewish, or at least worked for Jewish charities. This should shake loose a few more nuts
  • As someone who lives in Colorado, works at a comic book store, and saw a DKR midnight showing at a theater locally, I have had to talk about this sickening situation a lot and I can't believe this thread has become a conspiracy theory discussion. What the Fuck?

This is worse than the news here focusing more on the killer than the victims.
    congrats @nordicpheasant I didn't think you could top your disturbing homophobic posts as nordicpeasant.
  • Opie and Anthony with Louis CK talking shit on the Virginia Tech shooter.

This is what everyone should do. The news should either trash talk the idiots and, if they must show a photo, show those ugly, embarrassing ones from their childhood. But everyone should at least call them a fucking loooser.

(Nitty gritty starts @ 24:45)
    Post edited by Clarion at 2012-07-22 23:19:24
    We take for granted things around / are child's play all the way down.
    | my shit | more |
  • Nater said:

As someone who lives in Colorado, works at a comic book store, and saw a DKR midnight showing at a theater locally, I have had to talk about this sickening situation a lot and I can't believe this thread has become a conspiracy theory discussion. What the Fuck?

congrats @nordicpheasant I didn't think you could top your disturbing homophobic posts as nordicpeasant.

Our society is not empathic, sympathetic, sane, peaceful, rational or reasonable.

We are mired in media phantasms where we, more often than not, watch people kill each other in dramatic and carefully crafted artistic ways.

More people than ever feel a fundamental distrust for the news headers and images that come pouring into our brains on a day to day basis. Yes, we are skeptical of everything now.

People can't conceive of such violence anymore because of the culture, don't blame them for that. They're brainwashed. Most of us are to some degree.

A manchurian candidate is a possibility.

In either explanation as the case may be, something is very wrong with the world.

And it's not just the world. It's what the world has seeded within us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKULTRA
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_ARTICHOKE
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKDELTA

This has come a few weeks ahead of the UN arms treaty.

The Mexican president is calling out for gun control.

And Piers Morgan and all the rest.

No one wants to die, and most people don't want other people to die.

That's a given. To question the circumstances which have very little background to begin with is not to cheer on the murderer.

• this youtube channel has been uploading dark knight massacre videos for 2 days nonstop, 24 hours a day:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jacikagary/videos?query=dark+knight

(if you go to his profile you can see he signed up 2 weeks ago and also the dark knight videos dont show up in his feed but if you search for them within his uploads they are there)
    Post edited by Cthulutaur at 2012-07-23 00:35:01
    STEAM:CTHULUTAUR--BLIZZARD:CTHULUTAUR#1837--TWITTER:@FUCKYRICKY--NOWFUTURE.TK
  • i just cant fucking imagine the frantic scene that unfolded after he came back with the guns and opened fire!! so sick!
    I like to have moments of novelty during everyday shitty moments
  • Nater said:

As someone who lives in Colorado, works at a comic book store, and saw a DKR midnight showing at a theater locally, I have had to talk about this sickening situation a lot and I can't believe this thread has become a conspiracy theory discussion. What the Fuck?

Our society is not empathic, sympathetic, sane, peaceful, rational or reasonable.

We are mired in media phantasms where we, more often than not, watch people kill each other in dramatic and carefully crafted artistic ways.

More people than ever feel a fundamental distrust for the news headers and images that come pouring into our brains on a day to day basis. Yes, we are skeptical of everything now.

People can't conceive of such violence anymore because of the culture, don't blame them for that. They're brainwashed. Most of us are to some degree.

A manchurian candidate is a possibility.

In either explanation as the case may be, something is very wrong with the world.

And it's not just the world. It's what the world has seeded within us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKULTRA
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_ARTICHOKE
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKDELTA

This has come a few weeks ahead of the UN arms treaty.

The Mexican president is calling out for gun control.

And Piers Morgan and all the rest.

No one wants to die, and most people don't want other people to die.

That's a given. To question the circumstances which have very little background to begin with is not to cheer on the murderer.

is it impossible that this is a brainwashed hired gun? no.
    Speculating and questioning is totally fine, and rightfully legal.

However, it hasn't even been 3 days yet, can we mourn until all the bodies are buried before the entire fucking internet starts chanting mindlessly about the elites?

I have chosen to not watch the fetishistic news about the massacre here in CO.
    The cg breakdowns of how it happened, political bashing, pictures of the killer and bullet points about how "smart he was", it's all sick and the theories exploit this horrific situation even more.

There are lots of great people on this forum, this topic and the direction it took makes me want to take a break from this place.

I understand Duncan has talked about the Illuminati before, mainly to be humorous. Such a thing might still exist, in the form of advertising and culture manipulation it does exist. The money DKR is going to lose because of this shooting and the money the U.S. makes off of gun and ammo sales are not worth small conversations about gun control before the supposed impending "martial law".
    The dust should settle on this tragedy before extremely stupid conspiracy theories start infecting positive places like this forum.
  • eh.

I try not to pay attention to the news anymore.

Think what you want. We are free to think about what we want.

I told you what I believe, and I have no conclusion about anything.

People weep when they are told to weep, and weep when it is televised.

There are millions of people that die every year that no one is weeping for.

I weep for the terrible state the human race is, myself, and that people come to the point to do and think the things they are doing and thinking.

Post edited by Doctor_Bob at 2012-07-23 00:43:54
  • Go ahead and think. You have some cool posts. This planet would be boring if we all thought the same things.

I like disinfo and there are many proven government conspiracies but the immediate and uncalled for theories are getting a little preposterous.

• Thanks.
  • megmeg
    Hrair

Derren Brown takes on the theory that a person can be hypnotized to kill.
  • My best friend for 15 years, who I have literally never discussed religion with before(he is devout Christian, I am a skeptical non-theist) had this to say about the shooting:

If you have god and Jesus in your heart, you couldn't commit a crime like this. Godlessness causes violence like the Batman massacre.(summed up). If you don't have Jesus in your heart, you're lost.

Needless to say I had to call him on his bullshit. I can't blame him, he's lived his entire life in southern Arkansas around church folk. Still, it made me sick to hear the 'if you don't believe in my god you are lost and prone to violent acts' routine from my smart, intelligent, creative friend.

Unfortunately everyone on our Facebook friends list were devout Christians, and immediately criticized me for defending my lack of belief.
    "Up above aliens hover, making home movies for the folks back home of all these weird creatures that lock up their spirits, drill holes in themselves, and live for their secrets. They're all uptight" -Radiohead
  • "He said pictures from inside the apartment are fairly disturbing and the devices look to be sophisticated, adding the booby-traps were 'something I've never seen.' One rifle, two handguns, a knife, a bullet proof vest, a ballistic helmet, a gas device, a gas mask, military SWAT clothing and unidentified explosives were also found in Holmes' car, a law enforcement source told CBS News. Oates said Holmes wore a gas mask, a ballistic helmet and vest as well as leg, groin and throat protectors during the shooting."

Added on July 22nd: "He allegedly wore a helmet, a throat guard, a ballistic vest, ballistic leggings and gloves and was dressed in black."

In other words, this guy was equipped with exotic gear by someone with connections to military equipment. SWAT clothing, explosives, complex booby-traps... c'mon, this isn't a "lone gunman." This is somebody who was selected for a mission, given equipment to carry it out, then somehow brainwashed into getting it done.

"Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said Holmes' apartment is booby-trapped with a 'sophisticated' maze of flammable devices. It could take hours or days for authorities to disarm it," reports Yahoo News

http://www.naturalnews.com/036536_james_holmes_shooting_false_flag.html

---
    This is not your run-of-the-mill crime of passion. It was a carefully planned, heavily funded and technically advanced attack. Who might be behind all this? The FBI, of course, which has a long history of setting up and staging similar attacks, then stopping them right before they happen. See four documented stories on these facts:

http://www.naturalnews.com/035849_domestic_terror_plots_FBI.html
    http://www.naturalnews.com/034325_FBI_entrapment_terror_plots.html
    http://www.naturalnews.com/033751_FBI_terrorism.html
    http://www.naturalnews.com/035757_FBI_terror_plots_false_flag.html

(none of these are my words by the way, just copy and pasting)

Post edited by Cthulutaur at 2012-07-23 17:04:57
  • because it doesnt matter if the equipment points back to them clearly. they know anybody who says shit is going to be looked at like a treasonous disgusting person who is crazy for suggesting it.
    Post edited by Cthulutaur at 2012-07-23 13:59:31

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!