The Duncan Trussell Family Hour
| JOE ROGAN PART 2
  • In regards to the twitter drama, I think its really awesome. There is this huge conflict between people using the internet to spread lies and people using it to spread truth. At the end of the day, truth wins because it isn't that hard to determine if someone is bullshitting or being authentic.

Side note, I continue to be disgusted by people's propensity to lie when they f*ck up. Anytime someone gets caught in a public scandal, their situation starts to get better as soon as they tell the truth - why can't people learn from that? We tell children that "honesty is the best policy" and then find excuses why it doesn't apply to our own situation.
  • KHAN said:

I <3 Alan Watts</p>

Genious outtake
  • Did you get up in that Duncan? Your nose was way up. Tweeeeaaker
  • Thumbs up dunc! Wonderful podcast as usual. I liked that little bit of gossip at the beginning, I've been in a similar position where I exposed a would be cheater and then I was accused of being the dirty-mcdirt bag, lying, crazy whore. It was before the days of twitter and I couldn't prove anything so it was his word against mine. Not worth the drama. With today's technology it's a little harder to get away with cheating but still gullible girls are going to believe what they want to believe and hear what they want to hear... Anyways, thanks for another great episode it's always entertaining when you and joe get together!
  • This podcast made me think of BASHAR. I know he's a weirdo but he speaks deep stuff like the themes & ideas discussed on this episode.

Daryl Anka channels an alien called Bashar. Despite that, his words usually resonate deeply with me, anybody else feel that way? He talks about the creation of new universes at each instant, just like Joe mentioned.

Try not to judge the message by its messenger :) .

Post edited by libravirtus at 2012-06-12 23:35:00
  • ladychef said:

My doctor's last name is Dahmer, and he's from Racine, Wisconsin, same as Jeffrey Dahmer. There also seems to be a resemblamce. Every time I go to the doctor, he makes a point of offering to do my lady examination, even though there's a female gynecologist in his office. (My hand to God, all 100% true) I keep going to him, though, because I find the creepiness scintillating on some level.

I'm pretty sure this makes me a pervert.

hahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!! thats gold
  • The Alan Watts opening and trippy effects were great, however the interview with Melissa was pretty boring IMO. I tune into Duncan to listen to theories on the multiverse, self improvement, getting the shit out of your life, and how unicorn tears are processed into soft t-shirts. My favorite part of the podcasts are his monologues and wish he would give us more lecturing, but I'm not complaining. Afterall, this is a podcast and I know how to use the fast forward button. Now time to listen to Duncan and Joe chat it up as I fall asleep.
    Our species needs, and deserves, a citizenry with minds wide awake and a basic understanding of how the world works.
    -Carl Sagan
  • Incredible. These two have such great conversations. Each picks up where the other leaves off and runs with the topic. So much ground is covered and it's all so thoughtful.
  • Always a blast with Duncan and Rogan, btw tomorrow is a dope "through the Wormhole" episode about multiple universes and how it might be a living organism and so on.
    "For millions of years mankind lived just like the animals
    Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, We learned to talk" -Stephen Hawking "keep talking"-Pink Floyd

D3-- Ayk#1951
  • <
    Ayk07 said:

Always a blast with Duncan and Rogan, btw tomorrow is a dope "through the Wormhole" episode about multiple universes and how it might be a living organism and so on.

my absolute favorite show back when i had cable. Thanks for these podcasts, Duncan. They make life a lot more tolerable.

• That interview with Mellisa irritated me.

A obnoxiously drunk married douchebag D-list actor was trying to hit on a hot chick. Unprecedented. Yet, she said there was another window seat available where they were sitting. I guess getting up and moving to it would have been too tough for her. Skim through her blog - it's a stream of complaints about her first world problems - "I couldn't have a slice of pizza today because I'm modeling in a photoshoot tomorrow" - waaaaaaaaaaah. Monday Night Football should license the phrase "Divine Interception".
    Post edited by kulashaker at 2012-06-13 12:06:36
    Am I Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.
  • MikeMike
    Hrair
    Why is this called part 2? Did I miss part 1?
  • Mike said:

part 1 was like the first or second family hour.
  • MikeMike
    Hrair
    dhizzo said:

Mike said:

part 1 was like the first or second family hour.

Okay, I thought it was a little misleading, it should just be called "Joe Rogan". Liking the episode so far.
  • "Do you have some chicken in your pocket or something"

=] =] =]
  • " The true cunt is a rare thing" lolololololol
  • Loved the podcast except from Roe Jogan always interrupting Duncans train of thought and getting the attention back to his ideas. No hate tho, that's just how it is. Beta vs Alpha
  • This should be a day to remember...Duncan Trussell Day...First we had Da Beauty & Da Beast podcast gem, and then DTFH podcast with Rogan?...I feel like i grew so much as a person...Anyone do any random acts of kindness the following day? I feel like living like a bodhisattva thanks to those bodhisattva's.
    "The ancients believed that the process of achieving ones goals was more important than the actual attainment. That which is important must be worked towards. Nothing of significance comes easy."
  • @itsleeowen you're rapidly becoming one of my favorite posters here.
  • @itsleeowen yes of course, but it seems more like rogan does it because he gets lost in the metaphors and philosophies
  • This should be a day to remember...Duncan Trussell Day...First we had Da Beauty & Da Beast podcast gem,

great. I really have to stop learning about new podcasts...

Post edited by planetfour at 2012-06-14 17:40:24
  • nekro said:

Loved the podcast except from Roe Jogan always interrupting Duncans train of thought and getting the attention back to his ideas. No hate tho, that's just how it is. Beta vs Alpha

Joe has to make sure that he points out the dangers of wild animals and the vast number of teeth in a Coyote's mouth.
    Am I Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.
  • @kulashaker trololololo my point exactly.
  • this Joe guy's pretty cool, he should have his own podcast!

I'm having trouble picturing Duncan with a shaved head, can any of you photoshop wizards whip something up?
  • Baby Unicorn pelts
    Moutain Chihuahua puppy tongues
    Now back o' nun's knees...
    I love the commercials and am consumed with the deisre to get my new t-shirt....
    Great thought provoking and inspiring podcast.
    tks to Duncan for being great and sharing his voice with us all.
    Eyes that have seen will know what I mean - Todd Rundgren
  • KHAN
    Owsla
    Post edited by KHAN at 2012-06-14 22:23:27
  • KHAN
    Owsla
    HAHAHAHAHA that's great!!! Hello mindspace!
    Post edited by KHAN at 2012-06-15 01:49:42
  • KHAN
    Owsla
    We have one person to thank:

Post edited by KHAN at 2012-06-15 02:26:15
  • KHAN said:

That is some good photoshop work, and it did not look bad tho that is not the form of duncans head.

• KHAN
    Owsla
    You're right. It's his brother Jeff's head.
  • Haha really? if so this could be an actual outcome.
  • KHAN
    Owsla
    My wife and I agree Mahatma Trussell instills a sense of peace and serenity in you when you look upon him. Bald duncan, not so much. I feel like he might beat me up.
  • HAHA! oh god, great fucking work guys.

• love these Duncan Baldin pics.
  • @duncan doesn't have to go full-on bald. I used to go to the barber and tell them to put the clippers on "2" and shave away. I've got a full head of hair, and my wife hated me cutting it all off, so I finally stopped. Anyway, short, short hair is an excellent answer to the balding issue. I'd rather do than than use chemicals.

• I have been Google Earthing my mind on a pretty regular basis.

Thanks Duncan

It's a good technique that really works.
  • im comeing from the cold put on the DTFH and having a smoke .... its all good
    (Q) Have I gone mad?

(A) I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. - Alice in Wonderland
  • someone should transcribe and publish the joe rogan/duncan trussell series.
  • Wic
    Hrair
    Hai errybody! I hope this doesn't seem abrasive or anything, but I've heard Joe and Duncan bringing up the fractal nature of the universe before, and listening to this podcast inspired me to write up a little bit about them, maybe add some clarity to understanding. I also assumed pretty much everyone on this board loves fractals and would always be up for learning even a wee bit more. Sew, here's a little post about random vs non-random fractals. I do hope you enjoy.
    http://collectedknowledge.blogspot.com/2012/06/random-vs-non-random-fractals.html
  • Shave it, Duncan. It's time. Join us.
  • Who was the recording about death in the beginning? Aleister Crowley?
    "It's blue cheese dressing or go fuck your mother"
  • @bummerhigh Alan Watts, previously posted in this thread :)
  • I'm fond of clipper size #2....my wife does me trimming, and shaves my neck just right!!!
    smoove.
  • I've found that shaving my head makes me feel a little more focused in things that really matter. It's a great little ritual when you get ready to commit to a project. Plus it freaks people the fuck out.
  • KHAN
    Owsla
    @mattstaggs I do that too! It's like a little ritual to celebrate a change. Last time I shaved my head was a year ago.
  • I shave my bawls so whores can stay focused when they're givin head
    "It's blue cheese dressing or go fuck your mother"
  • I giggled a few solid times during the Melissa Stetson interview. i like her blog, it's ok, it's nice, i'm jealous that i don't have a semi-famous blog and an internet presence. i've always wanted a lot of followers for my blogs. maybe it's achievable. probably not. i'm kind of a subhuman, reviled for my strange face and random weirdness. i used to be a pretty decent blogger but i stopped writing for like a few years. i dunno. cool. why is joe talking in such a, like, deep voice?
  • Shave your head fools! If they call you a Nazi, LAUGH BECAUSE THEY DONT KNOW WHAT YOURE CAPABLE OF
  • Wow, I had a flower given to me randomly once in the city! Maybe it was someone who was participating in the challenge!
  • Melissa is a fool. Its proven the government monitors us they have been for a long time.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!