oh hi, @TheReal, how've you been?

is this from your blog?
    .'. ParAdoX .'.
  • TheReal
    Vampire

oh hi, @TheReal, how've you been?

is this from your blog?

hey buddy - and yes
  • The Real is back! Hell yeah, fuck teh haters.

• Post edited by moonanite at 2012-05-20 00:20:09
  • ZzyxzaaZzyxzaa
    Banned
    Everything you're saying is very interesting in a linguistics sense, but what does it all mean, in your opinion? Like why is the bull a reoccuring symbol of the past. Imo, it may simply be because the bull was such a masculine symbol, and the cow being so important in both an agricultural and animal husbandry sense, it worked itself into our collective mythology.

Words are very interesting, and the origins of them are complex and fascinating, but as it's said, they're not the actual "thing". They're simply devices with which to communicate ideas. You incorporate a lot of study on the language. I'm just interested in what you think of the meaning behind all this is.
    Post edited by Zzyxzaa at 2012-05-20 02:11:20
  • TheReal
    Vampire
    @Zzyxzaa - well i think all things are astrological. Man essentially comes from 'up there' and i think humanity 'scrapes' up the pieces to try to find his place in the stars.
    I think the Bull/Ox/Cow is a symbol of the Taurus age (25,000 yr sun cycle) when history was first recorded in symbols, which became numbers and letters, roughly 75 thousand years ago.
  • ChallengerChallenger
    Hrair, Vampire Killer
    ok, let's get NERDY. who's with me?

let's look at "BI" as a prefix.

bi-
    prefix meaning "two, twice, double, doubly, once every two," etc., from L. bi- "twice, double," from Old L. dvi- (cognate with Skt. dvi-, Gk. di-, O.E. twi- "twice, double"),

from PIE root *dwo- "two." Nativized from 16c. Occasionally bin- before vowels; this form originated in French, not Latin, and might be partly based on or influenced by L. bini "twofold" (see binary).

now, probably due to consonant shift (go deeper here) , we find ourselves with "DI", having a nearly identical meaning.

di-
    di prefix meaning "two, double, twice," from Gk. di-, from dis "twice," related to duo (see two).
    dis "apart, asunder," form of dis- before certain voiced consonants.
    dia "through; thoroughly," form of dia- before vowels.

the second and third forms of "di-" don't really carry the same meaning as "two", even though they are conceptually linked. for example, "dis", while rooted in the concept of
    one thing becoming two, doesn't have any bearing on its actual meaning, "apart, asunder". Same with "dia". How can "thoroughly" imply "two"? It doesn't make sense if we ignore the 'provenance' of words.

This brings us to 'two'.

from PIE *duwo
    (cf. Skt. dvau, Avestan dva, Gk. duo, L. duo, O.Welsh dou, Lith. dvi, O.C.S. duva, first element in Hittite ta-ugash "two years old").

as for the word "deity"

c.1300, "divine nature;" late 14c., "a god," from O.Fr. deité, from L.L. deitatem (nom. deitas) "divine nature," coined by Augustine from L. deus "god," from PIE *deiwos

Somehow you were right about the root of the word "deity" but without any paperwork.

Here's where you lose me entirely.

BI-BULL

This reminds me of the supposed etymology of the word "Mormon". When asked, Joseph Smith told his followers that "MON" was an ancient Egyptian word for "Good", and that "Mor-Mon" then meant "More-Good". That was the reasoning of a 14-year-old huckster. Why would half the word be english and half the word be ancient egyptian? Why would the words be mixed in such a fashion?

"the best I was able to come up with for the Egyptian word for "good" was a symbol called nfr in an adjective form, and bw-nfr in a noun form. That doesn't look like it was pronounced "mon"."

The word 'bible' has a "papered" history (LOL, PUNS) and it's clear that it came through greek, probably in reference to Byblos, which was their name for Gebal, the Phonecian port that sold them the papyrus, as you mentioned. However, they most likely transliterated the Egyptian word for papyrus (which is actually english through latin through greek) but i can't find any egyptian pronunciations that would even be close to 'bublos'.

so I ask...

where's the beef?

:)
    .'. ParAdoX .'.
  • TheReal
    Vampire
    @Challenger - i dont know if you disagree here - but i am unsure of your post which repeats my etymologies....
    let me try though - i think your problem is Bi-Bull (bible) right?
    well let me ask - what is the first word of the alpha-beta (alphabet) is it not A?
    and A is Aleph correct? and what is an Aleph? is it not an Ox? many call the Ox a bull
    see the chinese horoscope is like ours - 2nd sign - Bull or Ox
    I think if you did some research further (see egyptian and sumerian for help) - you would see the Cow/Bull/Ox is a direct deity and is identified as 'God' in many cultures around the world
    why do you think this is?
    maybe its a deeper astrological meaning?

i dont have all the answers
    maybe you can help us here bro :)
  • TheReal
    Vampire
    PM for the Lessons - will Return when my # 1 Stalker dies down
    Post edited by TheReal at 2012-05-21 07:15:55
  • ZzyxzaaZzyxzaa
    Banned
    So we're in the age of Pisces right now, correct? Where's all the fish symbolism? Or am I just not seeing it...
  • TheReal
    Vampire
    Zzyxzaa said:

So we're in the age of Pisces right now, correct? Where's all the fish symbolism? Or am I just not seeing it...

HAVE YOU LOOKED AT THE BACK OF MOST CARS ON THE FREEWAY? LOL
    Jesus loves you - with the fish symbol?
    ever wonder why Jesus was born as a 'Lamb' and then became a 'fisherman' amongst men? what was the splitting the fish in half about? isnt pisces a sign of 2 fish?
    why does the Pope's mitre (head dress) look like a fish mouth?
    Jesus says look for him in the 'new age' where a man carries a water jug?
    wouldnt that be the next sign over - Aquarius?
    after John/Jan/Aquarius - baptizes Jesus (pours water on his head) Jesus begins his mission (Pisces - next sign over) lmao

see the light brother!
  • ChallengerChallenger
    Hrair, Vampire Killer
    TheReal said:

@Challenger - i dont know if you disagree here - but i am unsure of your post which repeats my etymologies....

actually, i didn't repeat your etymologies. i posted the scholarly etymological lineage of each word. i don't see anywhere in your post where you show where BI, DI, and TWO actually come from, or how they relate to each other historically/linguistically. though you clearly have a grasp of how they relate conceptually, your usual method of disseminating this information requires pretty large leaps of faith of your reader. i'm trying to build with you, but if the foundation is shaky, i'm not stepping in the building. ;)

Charles Fort was the king of tying very loosely related phenomenon together to illustrate higher esoteric truths, but the problem with that type of work is that if you present it as "truth" rather than posing weirdo questions and letting people ride that to their own conclusion (hopefully the same conclusion you got), people like me will stand up and poke your bubble before anyone can climb into it. (because i think we can build far more solid bubbles for minds to play in if the work is done right).

TheReal said:

let me try though - i think your problem is Bi-Bull (bible) right?
    well let me ask - what is the first word of the alpha-beta (alphabet) is it not A?
    and A is Aleph correct? and what is an Aleph? is it not an Ox? many call the Ox a bull
    see the chinese horoscope is like ours - 2nd sign - Bull or Ox
    I think if you did some research further (see egyptian and sumerian for help) - you would see the Cow/Bull/Ox is a direct deity and is identified as 'God' in many cultures around the world
    why do you think this is?
    maybe its a deeper astrological meaning?

ok.. how does the position of a letter in the alphabet have any bearing on the word meaning? all sorts of ancient cultures revered the animals that were their sustenance. hindus still hold the cow sacred.

the Aeon of Taurus – 4138 BCE to 1954 BCE ... So, 6000 years ago, during the astrological age of Taurus, some people identified the Bull with god. There isn't any evidence that they viewed that god as monotheistic, or even of a higher position than any other of the pagan gods.

To lean on the idea that people used to view the constellations as gods in order to justify your 'alternate' etymology of the word BIBLE is really not evidence, weird of a phonetic coincidence as it is.

TheReal said:

i dont have all the answers
    maybe you can help us here bro :)

anyone who says they have all the answers is lying.

i sure hope i can help dig, though.
    .'. ParAdoX .'.
  • TheReal
    Vampire
    Post edited by TheReal at 2012-05-20 19:15:37
  • TheReal
    Vampire
    @Challenger - where you lose me is you ask me questions where you already have a predetermined answer? weirdo questions as truth?
    see you have to be more humble to get what you desire from me - which is more info and resources
    but speaking on the Taurus age....there is alot you dont understand due to lack of egyptian understanding of symbolism....more earlier sumerian.....
    you know the fire - the torch - Sumer is where the word Summer comes from - see?
    your following Charles Fort and many who are on the 'Payroll'
    i suggest you seek wisdom for yourself - lol - we butt heads alot and its obvious i will never convince you of my studies....
    i just suggest you find what works for you
    this site alone has given me many followers who get it
    if you dont - you dont
    i love you bro.....i just dont understand why i offend you so much with my point of view......:)

Post edited by TheReal at 2012-05-20 19:16:25
  • ChallengerChallenger
    Hrair, Vampire Killer
    TheReal said:

@Challenger - where you lose me is you ask me questions where you already have a predetermined answer? weirdo questions as truth?

i mean that in order to perceive certain hidden aspects of reality you have to ask weird questions sometimes.

a predetermined answer? idk what you mean.

TheReal said:

see you have to be more humble to get what you desire from me - which is more info and resources

my sweet god you have an ego incommensurate with your skills. what makes you think i should be obeisant towards you? why would you even want that from a person?

seems... sickly.

i'm trying to help you get a better grasp of 'the esoteric' as you put it. have you noticed the amount of dissonance, anger, and frustration that you've encountered surrounding your presence on every site that you're on?

youtube, your blog, JRE... i see that you get loads of negative energy from people due to the way you talk to them. take a breath, realize i'm not those people, i'm just one guy, tossing ideas back and forth. you seem tense. need a backrub?

TheReal said:

but speaking on the Taurus age....there is alot you dont understand due to lack of egyptian understanding of symbolism....more earlier sumerian.....
    you know the fire - the torch - Sumer is where the word Summer comes from - see?

(edit: forgot this part)

fire, torch, summer... somehow turns into BI BULL? not seeing it.

TheReal said:

your following Charles Fort and many who are on the 'Payroll'

uh, no, I'm not a fan of Fortean stuff, really. it's about as useful as divination. I am pointing out that your methods are his methods.

TheReal said:

i suggest you seek wisdom for yourself - lol - we butt heads alot and its obvious i will never convince you of my studies....

why are you so afraid of examining what you claim to be the truth? is it because your mission is to "convice people of your studies" rather than to seek truth? i think the best ideas stand up to critique, but if you really can't hang, you can't hang.

TheReal said:

i just suggest you find what works for you
    this site alone has given me many followers who get it

good for you! having followers definitely means you're right.

TheReal said:

if you dont - you dont
    i love you bro.....i just dont understand why i offend you so much with my point of view......:)

your condescending attitude is mildly annoying; i wouldn't call it 'offensive'. if someone was continuously posting that RED IS BLUE i'd call them on that shit, too. nothing personal.

Post edited by Challenger at 2012-05-20 19:38:54
    .'. ParAdoX .'.
  • ChallengerChallenger
    Hrair, Vampire Killer
    also, summer has nothing to do with Sumer. sorry, homie, they just have similar phonemes. bound to happen, considering the shape of our feeding tubes. there are only so many mouth-sounds to go around, and they're not all linked.

.'. ParAdoX .'.
  • TheReal
    Vampire
    well there it is
    i will continue to get followers here and elsewhere who ask and want my wisdom
    and you lol - well you will do you lmao
    awesome right?
    maybe you should post your knowledge so we can all sign up for that
    i would be a loyal follower lmao
    Post edited by TheReal at 2012-05-20 19:53:19
  • ChallengerChallenger
    Hrair, Vampire Killer
    TheReal said:

well there it is
    i will continue to get followers here and elsewhere who ask and want my wisdom
    and you lol - well you will do you lmao
    awesome right?
    maybe you should post your knowledge so we can all sign up for that
    i would be a loyal follower lmao

there what is? i don't see why you're so averse to talking about word origins, when you started multiple threads about word origins.

i could link my blog here, but i feel like that's spammy. and like crowley i wouldn't want "followers". i want fellow truth seekers who are willing to call me on bullshit should it ever escape my lips, and introduce me to their unique points of view.

don't you find it the least bit intriguing that you somehow landed on the right word root without knowing how?

i think you have plenty to add to the conversation.. i don't know why you dislike my questions so much.
    .'. ParAdoX .'.
  • TheReal
    Vampire
    no bro we are cool
    i just dont wanna play your game
    you seem to be at a loss for information - i am not
    your questions are tricks and condescending - i dont feel you are well learned outside of what you been taught - i dont sense a 'self-awareness' in you
    you would be better with me - if you came back with facts to disapprove me
    but words like 'weirdo' comparisons to Crowley lmao
    that doesnt move me - sorry bro
  • ChallengerChallenger
    Hrair, Vampire Killer
    my game? all i did was ask a question.

Here's where you lose me entirely.

BI-BULL

This reminds me of the supposed etymology of the word "Mormon". When asked, Joseph Smith told his followers that "MON" was an ancient Egyptian word for "Good", and that "Mor-Mon" then meant "More-Good". That was the reasoning of a 14-year-old huckster. Why would half the word be english and half the word be ancient egyptian? Why would the words be mixed in such a fashion?

"the best I was able to come up with for the Egyptian word for "good" was a symbol called nfr in an adjective form, and bw-nfr in a noun form. That doesn't look like it was pronounced "mon"."

The word 'bible' has a "papered" history (LOL, PUNS) and it's clear that it came through greek, probably in reference to Byblos, which was their name for Gebal, the Phonecian port that sold them the papyrus, as you mentioned. However, they most likely transliterated the Egyptian word for papyrus (which is actually english through latin through greek) but i can't find any egyptian pronunciations that would even be close to 'bublos'.

so I ask...

where's the beef?

how is this a condescending or a trick question?

i'm asking what the basis is for this practice of combining halves of words from different languages. i've been studying various esoteric schools for about 16 years, so i've encountered many strange practices. i'm just wondering what the logic is behind it.

btw, if you don't understand the reference, "where's the beef", i'm alluding to the old wendy's commercial and also asking for evidence to support your theory that ancient bull worship somehow influenced the word "bible".

i don't think there's anything particularly tricky or condescending here. i joke to keep it interesting.

.'. ParAdoX .'.
  • TheReal
    Vampire
    joke to keep it interesting?
    cool
  • ChallengerChallenger
    Hrair, Vampire Killer
    TheReal said:

joke to keep it interesting?
    cool

so i'm not getting an answer to the genesis of your BI-BULL hypothesis?
    .'. ParAdoX .'.
  • TheReal
    Vampire
    you gotta find your own answers
    seems like your still searching by those comments
    find your truth - we found ours :)
  • ZzyxzaaZzyxzaa
    Banned
    itt: giant egos
  • ChallengerChallenger
    Hrair, Vampire Killer
    Zzyxzaa said:

itt: giant egos

please show me where i've been egotistical, i'd like to avoid that in the future.
    .'. ParAdoX .'.
  • ChallengerChallenger
    Hrair, Vampire Killer
    OH, WOAH.

i'm sorry, i didn't realize i was talking to someone who could alter their DNA.

but for $20 a year you'll tell me, right?

/thread
    Post edited by Challenger at 2012-05-20 23:17:35
    .'. ParAdoX .'.
  • ChallengerChallenger
    Hrair, Vampire Killer

the irony is too much to handle. if you are trollin', you are a master.
    .'. ParAdoX .'.
  • TheReal
    Vampire
    @Zzyxzaa - right
  • TheReal
    Vampire
    @Challenger - if your a stalker = your a grand master
    alter dna? what the hell are you talking about lol
    your insanely obsessed with me
    all my followers - you know the deal - pm me
    Post edited by TheReal at 2012-05-21 07:17:06
  • ChallengerChallenger
    Hrair, Vampire Killer

in the multiverse; everything is true.

awww, such sweet nonsense. hippy bullshit always sounds nice until you try to use in in the real world against a scumbag who doesn't play by the same rules.

Christopher C Lord, owner of Truthiracy.com, is a spammer and a scammer, and the glad-handing hippy EVERYTHING IS GREAT WITH EVERYONE bullshit attitude is the only thing allowing him to still spam his crap here.

he's been blasted off at least ten other forums for doing the exact same thing, including JRE. check out the private message he sent me.

^^^ in case you had any illusions that he's in this for anything but your money.

since you guys seem to think i'm such a dick, i actually asked him in private before posting so i wouldn't shatter his fragile ego with a publicly posted question.

if the DTFH forum community appreciates scammer spam, it's going to devolve into a hot mess very quickly.

to the phony holy who are really only avoiding conflict out of fear, grow a spine while you're at it, and realize that judgment isn't necessarily a bad thing.
    .'. ParAdoX .'.
  • TheReal
    Vampire
    yes i have made money for sharing my wisdom with the world
    what are you exposing?
    i should have millions for the hidden things i will continue to reveal
    your jealousy is so lame
    recognize your own talent - you have no leg to stand here
    you are not a scholar
  • TheReal
    Vampire

@Challenger @TheReal

You are my crazy yang, you are my crazy ying, you are my crazy ying, you are my crazy Yang. Why must north follow south? Why would east nor west ever meet? Did you know that where ever there is combustion - a small amount of water is a bi-product? Yet too much water puts the fire out. The day of the daisy is the night owl's view. I hope things stay rosy between you two.

Neither of you are smart, but neither of you are dumb. Don't go believing you're absolutely right - or you'll blow us all to kingdom come.

So just settle down the brown frowns, and look at some cows and clouds. Because my warmth is your warmth, is both your mothers warmths. Let lazy words be lazy, and let us make it all up a new.

No point in complaining - in the multiverse; everything is true.

i agree to a certain extent - your taosim point of view is 'bull- shit' but then that would make it right...lol
    i have no beef - this guy is an extreme stalker and my wisdom offends him
    and because i am 'PAID' for my info - and he is not
    he is very jealous
  • Can we have challenger banned from the etymology threads? All in favor?
    Post edited by mage_slayer420 at 2012-05-21 11:35:15
    こたえは いつも 私のむねに。
  • TheReal
    Vampire

Can we have challenger banned from the etymology threads? All in favor?

where is what makes him a psycho - if someone here made a thread about Islam, Biddhism, Santeria, etc. I disagree with it.....but would i 'stalk' every post they made?
    would i have an obsession with someone else's beliefs and look for them on other websites? we have to ask mark david chapman here - WHY IS MY INFO SO OFFENSIVE TO YOU? does my research hurt anyone else's feelings this much? why does it hurt him? could it be i discovered something before he did?
    seriously, please psychoanalyze this - so i can understand the hatred
  • TheReal
    Vampire
    help!
    Post edited by TheReal at 2012-05-21 12:03:27
  • TheReal
    Vampire
    Post edited by TheReal at 2012-05-21 12:02:28
  • TheReal
    Vampire
    thanks for pms
    Post edited by TheReal at 2012-05-21 12:04:25

Honestly considering a temp-bans on @Challenger for persistence in the face of several forum member's interest in the subject,
    and on @TheReal for megalomania and disgusting money god worship.
    I measured my waistline in planck lengths and now I feel awful.
    photo tmp_824317984_zps500a3873.jpeg
    So what is really what, if the funk don't move your butt?
  • TheReal
    Vampire
    dr stibley - back with his judgemental point of view - who is surprised?
    will you hold his dick when his pisses too?
    stop acting like your a 'higher authority' here please
    you have no insight on what we are discussing prick
  • TheReal
    Vampire
    wait i guess i will be banned for that too right?
    but i am the one with the ego lmao
  • TheReal
    Vampire
    TheReal said:

wait i guess i will be banned for that too right?
    but i am the one with the ego lmao
    and so what - what no one here needs money - like duncan doesnt beg for people to support his sponsers or for donations - websites cost money you dick
    dont act like i just worship money - you piece of shit

Post edited by TheReal at 2012-05-21 12:43:02
  • TheReal
    Vampire
    and now you will ban me for challenging your authority right?
    your pms to me are so lame....
    i hate you self- righteous out of date drug addict hippies on here
    i provide information but you hate that
    you want high and stupid people here?
    i am all for getting high - but lets learn also
    stop being a hater dr stibley
  • "I have real spiritual wisdom here to share you pieces of shit!"

Bold, amazing tactic. I will subscribe to your newsletter good sir.

Post edited by thatdude21601 at 2012-05-21 12:47:09
  • TheReal
    Vampire
    who said that? lmao ^^^
    awesome
  • TheReal
    Vampire
    @thatdude21601 - oh your attempting to goof on me
    but your not a very good reader
    awesome lol got it
  • ChallengerChallenger
    Hrair, Vampire Killer

Honestly considering a temp-bans on @Challenger for persistence in the face of several forum member's interest in the subject,

i don't think i've gone out of bounds in asking the questions that i have. if someone creates a thread, do they own it outright? hell, i even went as far as to ask him in a PM if he minded my contributions to the thread.

i'm not trying to get anyone banned for talking about ideas. smells too much like fascism.
    .'. ParAdoX .'.
  • TheReal
    Vampire
    i never knew another man could be so obsessed with another man
    gay love is a bitch for Challenger
  • ChallengerChallenger
    Hrair, Vampire Killer
    TheReal said:

i never knew another man could be so obsessed with another man
    gay love is a bitch for Challenger

.'. ParAdoX .'.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!