Hard Drugs
  • Hi everybody. This thread is for anybody who'd like to share any experiences or questions about the less glamorous addictive drugs out there.

I smoked meth for six years, and supported my habit through burglary and theft.

Is there anyone else out there who has struggled/is struggling with an addiction to serious drugs?
  • Someone I met knew a guy who smoked crack for six months. All I've got to say is: Kids, DON'T SMOKE CRACK!!!
    "It's just a ride." - Bill Hicks
  • I smoked meth also for about the same amount of time. The drug is awful because it's like pure creativity and production and at the same time entirely soul stripping. My brother is still addicted to it and he's now 26. Very fucked up shit.
  • Tried both, didn't care much for it.

Weird.

Only thing I'm addicted to is the Devil's Tobacco.

I guess because it's less invasive than any of the others.
    Love is what occurs when the universe recognizes itself for what it is.
    owlsa support waned RIP orgone
  • oxycontin for 3 years. fuck heroin in all its forms...talk about a vampire
  • How did you guys get clean? My buddy is in a 12 step program and I was just wondering if there are any alternatives
  • I used to have a coke problem, not adderall, the real stuff.

I still do it, i just don't consider it a problem.

"I got stuck in a cravarse on the moun-tain."
  • Whoops said:

oxycontin for 3 years. fuck heroin in all its forms...talk about a vampire

yeah fuck that shit. watched it steal the soul of a very good friend recently and she's struggling to get it back. another poor soul we know lost their life to it a few months ago. I used to drop pills and drink too much but i snuffed that out right as i felt it gripping me. i wont do pain killers unless absolutely necessary anymore, just to keep myself away...

• Karhu
    Hrair

How did you guys get clean? My buddy is in a 12 step program and I was just wondering if there are any alternatives

Ibogaine? No personal experience (of either addiction to hard drugs or ibogaine) but apparently it's got a high success rate for opiate addiction at least.
  • That's kinda what I've been thinking. I want him to try psycadelics, and he wants to too, but I'm afraid of messing up what he has going because he is a wreck on meth. It's hard, because I'm really against the cult of AA but I want to support him in not being a meth addict
  • Karhu said:

How did you guys get clean? My buddy is in a 12 step program and I was just wondering if there are any alternatives

Ibogaine? No personal experience (of either addiction to hard drugs or ibogaine) but apparently it's got a high success rate for opiate addiction at least.

Yep, from experience, ibogaine works wonders. I'm a disciple.
    "Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I will meet you there." Rumi
  • @ladychef yep, yep and yep! Addictions are merely symptoms of underlying emotional problems. Without dealing with whatever it was that opened you up for compulsive, destructive behavior, people usually just jump from one addiction to the next - or oscillate between binging and unsuccessfully abstaining.

Diet and exercise are super effective ways of repairing your natural dopamine systems.
    "Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I will meet you there." Rumi
  • I have been very curious about Ibogaine ever since there was a show on the BBC starring Bruce Parry, when he took Iboga.

"Ultimately, nothing in this life is “commonplace,” nothing is “in between.” The threads that join your every act, your every thought, are infinite. All paths of mastery eventually merge." - George Leonard
  • Karhu
    Hrair
    This probably isn't news to anyone here, but since we're on the subject of ibogaine, I guess it bears repeating that Aubrey Marcus describes the experience in significant detail in JRE #195.
  • As a warning I'm typing this from a somewhat noisy chipotle on my iPhone. So excuse the tangents and formatting. I struggled with opiates for most of college. I used to have pretty nasty anxiety and social akwardness that I thought I could numb with Vicodin which led to Percocet and finally OxyContin and oxymorphone. I thought because I was a chemistry major and had a strong psychology background that I would be free from addiction. It took me about a year of heavy oxy use before I realized I was not in control. I won't go into anymore detail unless any of you care to hear it. I managed to graduate and get a great job while struggling with the hell of addiction and withdrawal. I eventually got on suboxone and that has helped me stabilize and get on with life. I've been on it for 3 years in July and went from 8mg/day to 2-3mg/day at this time. I hear stories of people still taking as much as 32mg/day and have been for 5 years. In that sense I'm doing pretty well. As much as a addict does not want to hear it ; ones mental state and understanding of self as well as willpower must be in order to have any success. In fact I have experimented on myself and can say for sure in my case that most withdrawal symptoms are exacerbated by ones state of mind. Its one hell of a battle, you can't force your mind to do what you want. For me it has taken a lot of learning from errorneous thinking, meditation, and exploration into Hinduism and Buddhism. I can tell you that I did not go to AA or NA more than twice because it was not for me. It has taken years of living comfortably on suboxone before I started putting in the real work to discover what's inside. Anyone on suboxone who wants to get off has to put in the work. I am on that path. Worst case scenario I struggle with withdrawals when I get off suboxone and take a trip to ibogaine land. Oh and by the way podcasts like this , JRE, and especially beauty and da beast (Joey Diaz Felicia M), and jay and silent bob get old are especially helpful and inspiring. Joey Diaz and his guests remind me constantly that our life our future is in our own hands. Jason Mewes of jay and silent bob get old has loads of hillarious and very inspiring stories that have helped me. Ok I have said enough! Hope my lack of proof reading doesn't bite me in the dick.
  • Whoops said:

oxycontin for 3 years. fuck heroin in all its forms...talk about a vampire

• I've dabbled. Never got hooked. Coke is hard to resist.
  • I was hooked on sniffing/huffing toluene (a specific sort of paint thinner) around the time I was 14 or 15 for months. I tried crappy pot & alcohol before, but I had never been blasted.

Starts of with the "waah wahhh wahhh" kind of acid tone, and then you just shoot to some insane delusion dream world. I would do it for hours at a time, and got to the point I could control the world I was in. There was an entity named "bobert" that I usually saw as a phone or rolodex. Everytime I did it he would immediatly visit and act as a menu or guide of sorts to get to what I wanted to see (I mostly played video games, saw aliens, and looked at girls from school naked). He stopped visiting eventually and the worlds and trips got dark and I lost the control. I would be huffing for hours just searching for my imaginary trip buddy.

I quit after waking up one night and realising 8 hours had past I had a nuby covering my head soaked in pretty much poison & sweat. Also when I finished "sessions" I felt fine and sober, but my family would think I was totally drunk and could barely talk. They moved me to a private school full of lacrosse players and pot/acid/mushrooms. Ketamine/Acid mix was the first thing I found that could compete with the huffing. Everything had to be "heroic" doses. Cocaine and pills, always felt really weak to me so I never got into it.

Today, I pretty much only smoke pot, but I'll do mushrooms every once in awhile if they're around. Other stuff fucks me up too much lol.

If you see an old crazy homeless huffing type guy that can't talk, it's because he's playing out some elaborate John Carter of Mars fantasy. Shit's wonky. Lucky to be alive, and only half retarded.

Post edited by thatdude21601 at 2012-05-07 15:44:40
  • dhizzo said:

I've dabbled. Never got hooked. Coke is hard to resist.

"The whole is greater than the sum of its parts"
  • I was hooked on sniffing/huffing toluene (a specific sort of paint thinner) around the time I was 14 or 15 for months. I tried crappy pot & alcohol before, but I had never been blasted.

Starts of with the "waah wahhh wahhh" kind of acid tone, and then you just shoot to some insane delusion dream world. I would do it for hours at a time, and got to the point I could control the world I was in. There was an entity named "bobert" that I usually saw as a phone or rolodex. Everytime I did it he would immediatly visit and act as a menu or guide of sorts to get to what I wanted to see (I mostly played video games, saw aliens, and looked at girls from school naked). He stopped visiting eventually and the worlds and trips got dark and I lost the control. I would be huffing for hours just searching for my imaginary trip buddy.

I quit after waking up one night and realising 8 hours had past I had a nuby covering my head soaked in pretty much poison & sweat. Also when I finished "sessions" I felt fine and sober, but my family would think I was totally drunk and could barely talk. They moved me to a private school full of lacrosse players and pot/acid/mushrooms. Ketamine/Acid mix was the first thing I found that could compete with the huffing. Everything had to be "heroic" doses. Cocaine and pills, always felt really weak to me so I never got into it.

Today, I pretty much only smoke pot, but I'll do mushrooms every once in awhile if they're around. Other stuff fucks me up too much lol.

If you see an old crazy homeless huffing type guy that can't talk, it's because he's playing out some elaborate John Carter of Mars fantasy. Shit's wonky. Lucky to be alive, and only half retarded.

Wow. That is some crazy shit.
  • megmeg
    Hrair
    Ecstasy that was cut w meth, herion, or coke. Only lasted a few months because I beat the shit out of my body to the point I had to actively choose death or sobriety (well, partial sobriety; I used pot to get off the x and the other drugs I was abusing....mostly pain pills, alcohol, and coke). I took anything I could get my hands on for about six months, but it was mostly impure X.

After watching MTV Real Life episode about the chick on X whose brain looked like a 60 yr old stroke victim according to a neurologist, I sometimes wonder how much damage I did. I didn't feel like I could put words together to make sentences well for about a year. I still think pure MDMA is awesome for a once a year type drug, but I will never take ecstasy that is cut with something else ever again. And three times a week is not a smart idea.
  • Yeah. I had an issue with opiates/benzos/speed for about two years. Lost my career as a nurse because of it.

It's a hard fucking slog to right all the wrongs you do during that period. Salvaging relationships, rebuilding your self esteem, working out who you are, et al. It's like coming out of a two year long haze and your life has stagnated.

Edit: to be honest im sick of it. My wife and people treat me different. Look at me differently. My mum died toward the end of it and I was blasted so I never really got to say goodbye. The financial situations fucked, our plans are all fucked up. It's just mountains of regret and I want my life and career back.

It's all uphill, just gotta keep at it I guess. Don't do drugs (much) kids. It's not worth it.
    Post edited by yetiite at 2012-05-07 21:46:41
  • meg said:

Ecstasy that was cut w meth, herion, or coke. Only lasted a few months because I beat the shit out of my body to the point I had to actively choose death or sobriety (well, partial sobriety; I used pot to get off the x and the other drugs I was abusing....mostly pain pills, alcohol, and coke). I took anything I could get my hands on for about six months, but it was mostly impure X.

After watching MTV Real Life episode about the chick on X whose brain looked like a 60 yr old stroke victim according to a neurologist, I sometimes wonder how much damage I did. I didn't feel like I could put words together to make sentences well for about a year. I still think pure MDMA is awesome for a once a year type drug, but I will never take ecstasy that is cut with something else ever again. And three times a week is not a smart idea.

I sure did love those smacky (heroin-cut) pills back in the day. I think that MDMA offers an experience worth having, but I have seen people who took it too far. As far as the brain damage thing goes, it's my understanding that that has been grossly exaggerated, if not utterly falsified, by the anti-drug forces.

http://www.addictionjournal.org/viewpressrelease.asp?pr=147
  • ladychef said:

HahahahHAHAHAHA!!! Lsd causes "chromosome damage"! Bwahaha, COOL IT, KID!!!
  • I tried Cocaine and Heroin just for the sake of trying it when I was 16 or 17. Can't remember. We would smoke it freebase off tin foil then put a balloon of black tar on the sheet afterwards, absolutely horrible. I feel the addiction side of it is the bigger pull than the high itself. The heroin was a much better high than the cocaine however. Thankfully I only did it a dozen times and I can't get too addicted to anything.
  • razy
    Hrair
    Alot of the people I grew up with are now regularly smoking shards (crystal meth) - shit is everywhere here in Australia. I've seen a heap people I used to go to school with thrown in jail because they were involved in dealing/trafficking the stuff.

I've tried meth and coke, but have no urge to use them again because I find stuff like MDMA/shrooms/weed much more fun and benefitial.

The only vice I have is that I'm addicted or maybe highly dependent on Stilnox (ambien/zolpidem tartrate) for sleep now - I haven't had natural sleep for maybe six years. I think I could stop but even the thought of not having it for one night sends me into some heavy anxiety.
  • razy said:

Alot of the people I grew up with are now regularly smoking shards (crystal meth) - shit is everywhere here in Australia. I've seen a heap people I used to go to school with thrown in jail because they were involved in dealing/trafficking the stuff.

I've tried meth and coke, but have no urge to use them again because I find stuff like MDMA/shrooms/weed much more fun and benefitial.

The only vice I have is that I'm addicted or maybe highly dependent on Stilnox (ambien/zolpidem tartrate) for sleep now - I haven't had natural sleep for maybe six years. I think I could stop but even the thought of not having it for one night sends me into some heavy anxiety.

I also live in Aus man and have seen how rife Meth has become, its literally everywhere! I've seen a few people after highschool get caught up with it and look in a bad way since good XTC ova here has sorta become pretty scarce... its Sad really. I can say I've used XTC abit ova the yrs one stage close to every w/e but i've stopped since the drop in quality.
  • Nobody cuts MDMA with heroin. Dumbest shit ever. Everytime someone says a pill is "smacky" I want to slap them.
    Post edited by yetiite at 2012-05-08 03:27:34
  • yetiite said:

Nobody cuts MDMA with heroin. Dumbest shit ever. Everytime someone says a pill is "smacky" I want to slap them.

HAHAHA i agree 100% most of these young momos who get on it week in week out dont even know what it feels like to have proper clean mdma induced high, they seem to be content with 'if i feel sumthin, it's good bro!' since cooks have been putting substances like DXM and PMPPA in pills it's ruined wat XTC stands for and that's pure <3
  • yetiite said:

Nobody cuts MDMA with heroin. Dumbest shit ever. Everytime someone says a pill is "smacky" I want to slap them.

Wow, you're right. There have been some pills cut with fentanyl, but that's rare. Maybe I had taken some with ketamine and confused the experience, or maybe I had mistakenly considered MDMA without any amphetamines to be the "smacky" ones. I didn't coin the term, but now I feel foolish. I've certainly shoved enough pills up my ass to know better. Please don't slap me.
    Post edited by JujuTheTerrible at 2012-05-08 12:14:09
  • I was held down and raped by the coco plant for about 2 years. I was lucky I had some friends that helped me out of that situation.

The coco plant or the coca plant? I'm sure you're referring to cocaine and in that case I'm glad you've managed to escape that.

On the topic of the coca plant and its leaves...Its nothing like cocaine... almost like a distant cousin. I can't see how anyone could become addicted to it and in fact I've heard of people getting off coke by chewing coca leaves and drinking coca tea.

I have a lot of respect for the coca plant and hope one day it will hold a proper place in our culture. If anyone wants to try chewing coca leaves google "Mysterious Bolivian". You will find a webstore that ships many a coca products (leaves, tea, extracts, candy) from the US. How is it legal? The products are "De-cocainized" the thing is there is still some of the alkaloid left in the plant, plenty to numb your mouth. The important thing about coca leaf is its not about the alkaloid cocaine as there are many other alkaloids, minerals, and nutrients that give energy and slightly uplifted feeling.
  • pillreports.com has reported ecstasy pills cut with heroin, but they are extremely rare. It is just bad business, since heroin is more expensive than mdma. Designer opioids are much more common, but even those aren't that common on the whole. I have seen various fentanyl and pethidine analogs, though. Most ecstasy pills are just cut with shitty designer amphetamines and cathinones. All the cut is the only reason I haven't tried mdma, otherwise it is at the top of my list to try.

On the main topic, I have experimented with a large variety of drugs, including the hard ones. Dabbled with heroin, methamphetamine, and various prescription opioids. Meth I hated; I had a good workout early in the day, cleaned my dorm room, danced to trance, but then got really paranoid and spent the remaining 4 hours staring out of my dorm window. I couldn't sleep that night even after I crashed. I tried cocaine once too, but all that happened with that was paranoia and trying to jack off with dead dick. I basically avoided all stimulants after that.

Opioids in general just felt TOO good and I could tell why they are so dangerous. I did develop a brief addiction to poppy tea, but didn't buy anymore after I ran out of the first batch I bought. Had some physical withdrawal from that, but it wasn't too bad, thanks to kratom. Luckily there was also this awesome new age girl I had a lot of respect for, and she told me of her addiction problems with oxymorphone earlier in her life. I didn't go down that road as a result.

In general, I approached all drugs as pharmacological experiments, and I think that really helped prevent me from becoming attached to any of them.
    एकम् सत् विप्राः बहुधा वदन्ति
    That which exists is One, but sages call it by various names.
  • Anyone that has tried methamphetamine give me some insight on what high is like? Relation to other drugs? I've done everything else besides that, just curious why everyone is on it.
  • devgchr said:

Anyone that has tried methamphetamine give me some insight on what high is like? Relation to other drugs? I've done everything else besides that, just curious why everyone is on it.

It puts you and everything around you on turbo blast. You feel super intelligent and lucid, super strong, and just generally like an awesome being. Everything, even the most boring stupid shit coming out someone's mouth, is the most interesting thing you've ever encountered.

Until you come down, then everything tastes like plastic fruit, as Duncan said on a podcast once talking about tweakers.
    Post edited by jimmybob at 2012-05-08 20:46:07
  • razy
    Hrair

I also live in Aus man and have seen how rife Meth has become, its literally everywhere! I've seen a few people after highschool get caught up with it and look in a bad way since good XTC ova here has sorta become pretty scarce... its Sad really. I can say I've used XTC abit ova the yrs one stage close to every w/e but i've stopped since the drop in quality.

Yeah def. - I'm sure if the quality of MDMA was anywhere close to what it used to be like, we'd see a big drop in the number of people on shards, it's a shame! But I do think things are slowly starting to pick up again quality wise here, at least compared to the last few years.

yetiite said:

^ this aswell - fucking stupid. I disagree on the smacky part though - I've defintely experienced being "smacky" a gang of times on MDEA.

Post edited by razy at 2012-05-09 08:48:16
  • Just take adderall once from your ADD friends if you want to know what 90% of the "upper" experience is like. Actually, never do it. You'll regret the conversations you have with idiots on uppers for the rest of your life.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!