• piezopiezo
    Ternary
    Tomorrow!

So excited!
  • yay!
  • What?!?! Wow! Redban is stills sore?
  • LonoLono
    Hrair
    The only other JRE I can recall without Redban was the episode with Graham Hancock and Duncan. Well besides the short stint of planecasts. I was always curious about Redban's absence on the GH cast though, I wondered if Joe specifically asked him to sit that one out being that it was Graham Hancock and he didn't want to have any silly derailments of conversation.
    Stoked for tomorrows show. Hopefully after this the whole thing can be put to rest and all can be friends again.
  • zachszachs
    Hrair
    Love when these wordsmiths get together and chat. Can't wait to hear it.
  • It's on like Donkey Kong. I've been somewhat distracted from the JREP in the last couple weeks but this will be one to catch for sure! Love it when these guys get together.
    Play my weird art game at http://www.dexterlohnes.com
  • Lono said:

The only other JRE I can recall without Redban was the episode with Graham Hancock and Duncan. Well besides the short stint of planecasts. I was always curious about Redban's absence on the GH cast though, I wondered if Joe specifically asked him to sit that one out being that it was Graham Hancock and he didn't want to have any silly derailments of conversation.
    Stoked for tomorrows show. Hopefully after this the whole thing can be put to rest and all can be friends again.

Yep Joe did ask Brian to be absent from that cast because it was Joes favorite author. he even said it during the cast sometime if i remember correctly... cant wait for this cast though, i hope they go so deep they need the jaws of life to pull them back out in to reality
  • LonoLono
    Hrair
    I don't remember Joe mentioning it, but I figured that had to be the case. I think Redban not being on every single one will benefit everyone, listeners, guests and Joe and Brian. I love it when Joe and Duncan, Eddie or whomever go deep in the rabbit hole. I don't want those conversations interrupted.
    And I just gotta ask @clubbahlang88, do you have a big fat mohawk and chops with dozens of gold chains around your neck?
  • @lono Nail on the head. Redban would not have worked on the Hancock episode. Joe would have tolerated nothing less than an approach of absolute respect (and rightly so).

I can't wait for this JRE. These guys are going to be able get into the meat of things without having to worry about a third party being bored by it.

And now, the possibilities! Imagine all the one-one-ones...or even the three person combos - Rogan/Trussell/Callen. Or Rogan/Trussell/Diaz. The combinations could be awesome (including Redban).

I think it was Nietzsche who said "from bad roots can grow beautiful flowers". An uncomfortable situation can make things better than they ever were (turning pig shit into strawberry jam). The podcast will grow a new dimension now, and Brian can still be just as active - with JRE and DeathSquad.
    Mumia Abu-Jamal is in a jail cell dropping truth. Obama's in the Wite House dropping bombs.
    Which one got the Nobel Peace Prize?
  • My two favorite people in the world coming together for a one on one podcast on my Birthday? could it get any better? :) <3
    "I got stuck in a cravarse on the moun-tain."
  • Congrats @steve What synchronicity!
    Mumia Abu-Jamal is in a jail cell dropping truth. Obama's in the Wite House dropping bombs.
    Which one got the Nobel Peace Prize?
  • This will be great I can't wait....thanks for posting the good news for those who didn't know.
    "You want your dreams to come true?, then wake up"
  • fnordfnord
    Hrair
    on DTFH or JRE?
    sunt lacrimae rerum
  • fnordfnord
    Hrair
    oh, nevermind... JRE
    sunt lacrimae rerum
  • I'm pretty sure the only reason Redban isn't on these two episodes is because Joe probably asked him not to be there until they sort the whole "compensation" issue out. Brian was pretty raw about it in #211 when they were debating with Ari. I'm sure Duncan will give his side of the story today and then hopefully it will work out. Redban did end up shelling out to everyone on the last IHC so it seems to be resolved.

It would be interesting to hear what got them started fighting in the first place, I wonder what got Duncan so mad that he didn't want out there on a podcast...
  • This should be interesting. What time do they usually go up?
  • My guess would be about 3PM Pacific / 6PM ET
  • -
    Post edited by wolvesatmydoor at 2012-09-22 15:56:57
  • @wolvesatmydoor The recording with video is up on ustream.tv/joerogan as soon as the video is done encoding... usually about 20 minutes after they go offline. The iTunes feed is a different story - depending on when it's submitted to iTunes, it can be later that night or the next day. Redban usually then takes the video from Ustream and moves it over to vimeo.com/joeroganexperience within the week.
  • is there a notification when it's live?
  • @pinkfrost If you make a Ustream account, you can subscribe to Joe's feed, and it will e-mail you with a "Joe Rogan is streaming live" alert, but in my experience, they're usually 20-30 minutes delayed.

The best way is to follow Joe and Duncan on Twitter (or whoever's gonna be on the podcast) and tune in to the Ustream at the time they say. Joe Rogan Experience usually comes on within the hour of Joe tweeting it, and he always gives a "here we go, freaks" heads up on his Twitter right before they start broadcasting.
    Post edited by ZachDaniels at 2012-05-08 11:07:43
  • @zachdaniels. thanks. if i go to joe's upstream and leave the window open, when it's live it should just start playing too, right?
  • Joe tweets before they begin most times.
  • well now i just feel redundant ;)
  • @pinkfrost Yep, the video comes on as soon as it's live. It's pretty cool to consume media this way, IMO.
  • twitter bugs me. makes me itch.
    thank you guys! and looking forward to the chat among friends.

ps. i just researched a bit of the redban details. its disappointing when friends go through riffs. hope it will work out in time. duncan's joke and vids about sxsw are hilarious because they are true. i never new the nature of comics getting paid was so rocky. there's a lot about the entertainment business that's confusing.
  • @pinkfrost who's the dopey eyed starlet in your av?
  • @dhizzo hedy lamarr!!

Hedy Lamarr ( /ˈhɛdi/; 9 November 1913 - 19 January 2000) was an Austrian-American actress celebrated for her great beauty who was a major contract star of MGM's "Golden Age".
    Lamarr also co-invented – with composer George Antheil – an early technique for spread spectrum communications and frequency hopping, necessary to wireless communication from the pre-computer age to the present day.
  • @pinkfrost she's wicked hot, totally my type.
  • ;) wicked smart too!
  • piezopiezo
    Ternary
    I've got a feeling that this will be the highest rated JRE to date.

I hope they get too stoned to speak properly right before they start. That seems to be a recurring theme that leads to my favorite JRE moments, particularly when Duncan is the guest.
  • looking forward to this...
    Eyes that have seen will know what I mean - Todd Rundgren
  • i am excited for this one
    STEAM:CTHULUTAUR--BLIZZARD:CTHULUTAUR#1837--TWITTER:@FUCKYRICKY--NOWFUTURE.TK
  • News like this should be rewarded with only the best of Daniel Johnston and Holy Sons .

Post edited by Threestars at 2012-05-08 15:20:02
  • @wolvesatmydoor Happy Birthday!
    hope you have a great day brother, this podcast should be excellent ^_^
    Post edited by [Deleted User] at 2012-05-08 16:13:21
    "I got stuck in a cravarse on the moun-tain."
  • It was pretty shocking how little comics get paid. When Ari said that the Icehouse typically gives $100 to Headliners, I was floored. That means $300 per week for a headliner who does an entire Thursday,Fri,Sat there. You can practically make that much working 8 hours a day minimum wage.
  • i know, it's chilling. why are comics paid like slugs?

is there a mindset 'well, if they are good they will find other avenues for their talent like, writing, acting, or podcasts?' i'm a little concerned that my favorite comedy acts are on poverty level...since nobody thinks they should get paid for their work.

makes me glad i bought my dtfh tshirt. maybe its glory will turn other friends onto his podcast. and also will try to budget more money for donations throughout the year.

fight the power @duncan! although i know you are probably going to bury the hatchet. i still think the subject matter is shocking (comics getting paid diddlysquat) and needs some rethinking.

is the rogan podcast on yet???? waiting patiently.

Post edited by pinkfrost at 2012-05-08 18:56:24
  • ITS ON!!!!!!!
  • "I got stuck in a cravarse on the moun-tain."
  • great cast. trussell with the 360 reverse tomahawk dunc.

balls in redbans court. is-ness.

• Great show but the audio was crap. Rogan sounds like he's three millimeters away from the microphone so every single lip-smack sounds like it's in Dolby DTS, where Duncan sounds like he's sitting ten feet away from his microphone.

Maybe they needed Redban to fix the levels.
  • http://youtu.be/9hiRC5ZDTXk
    best Cenk video from the young turks. This is why i love him.
  • Good podcast.

I'm glad that it seemed like a traditional Joe and Duncan podcast and it wasn't entirely about the Redban feud. It had to be addressed and they spent sometime on it, but it wasn't the "theme" of the podcast.

• I can't remember laughing so hard as when Joe shredded Duncan for the gay back healing. "Your back recognised the waves of gay emanating from this man and knew it had to heal to defend itself"
    "Ultimately, nothing in this life is “commonplace,” nothing is “in between.” The threads that join your every act, your every thought, are infinite. All paths of mastery eventually merge." - George Leonard
  • "I want to induce a coma so I can sleep until Prometheus." -- Duncan Trussell

That's why I love this hilarious fucker.
    brave or just ready to die

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!