my trussell familly art project(artist and writers needed)
  • EDITOR'S NOTE FROM DRSTRIB:
    @Takahashi has been awesome enough to kick us all in the pants and get this thing going, so join in!
    Takahashi said:

so i wanna get a huge blank book. draw somthing amazing in it then send it out to the next familly member who would then write or draw somthing in it and send it out again so on and so on. until its completely filled up then we could give it to duncan trussell or whoever we feel worthy of such masterpeices. so i hope this takes off and if it does the project can begin soon
    anyone intrested?
    Post edited by DrStrib at 2013-11-12 17:57:30
  • This is a cool idea. I like the idea of collaborating to make something, whether it's a song, animation, film, book, or whatever. For the book idea, I wonder if the expenses of shipping it around and the reluctance some people might have giving their home addresses could prevent it from really taking off.. I dunno. I like the idea of sharing a book, something tangible, but is there any way it could work virtually?
  • Holy shit, that's an amazing idea.

I love this forum. No other place provides as much good conversation, and amazingly creative ideas.
  • I'm down... Perhaps you privately message the next person, they privately give you their address and so on.
    photo lao-tzu-field1copysmall.jpg
  • i trust the people on the forum enough to do this it may taake awhile to get it going and get some ground rules but i think it will br worth it nontheless
  • Sounds dope!
  • I'll wear these jeans for a week and send them to the next family member and then they will do the same and so on
  • What a great idea @godawfol!
    "Y'all white bitches are a buncha honky mahfahs fo' teasin' ma nigga cunt wit yo lobsta meat"

http://twitter.com/LCCNyhus
  • I'm in for sure
    Here we all feel alive, Here we use our minds, Let us form together, Use our minds, Recreate, redesign Here forever
    With a new world in our hands We will gain control
  • No semen/feces art, please.
  • i say we need atleast 50 people
  • and i need somone to help me make this solid and make sure that nothing will go wrong
  • cantorset said:

This is a cool idea. I like the idea of collaborating to make something, whether it's a song, animation, film, book, or whatever. For the book idea, I wonder if the expenses of shipping it around and the reluctance some people might have giving their home addresses could prevent it from really taking off.. I dunno. I like the idea of sharing a book, something tangible, but is there any way it could work virtually?

Maybe you could have it delivered to your local library or pick it up at the PO. I think it's a great idea and I'd sign up for it!
    We elongate our Maaans 'round these parts.
  • uiuuiu
    Hrair
    dhizzo said:

No semen/feces art, please.

Is period blood art off limits too? Geez.
  • I'm down too. I think we might also want to distribute in sequence based on proximity.

If Duncan ever has a video podcast, this'd be great to unveil on it.. or he could bust it out on the JRE; i.e. it'd be nice if there was something so we could all see what came of it.

Period blood art
    photo lao-tzu-field1copysmall.jpg
  • I think we might also want to distribute in sequence based on proximity.

I agree with this idea
    Here we all feel alive, Here we use our minds, Let us form together, Use our minds, Recreate, redesign Here forever
  • I think the best thing to do is get a definitive list of people going now and get it started with a few people and plan it out. I'm sure it'll be easier to get it started and then pick up some people along the way once they see its legit. Maybe we could start it out on the east coast and have it travel across america to get to Duncan in the west.
  • @dza_falcon and for the out of country people that want to participate it could be set up to have a PO box to be sent to.
  • Honestly, the best way to tackle this is for all of us to work on our own project, and then, have a main "editor" whom which we can send in our work to. This way it'll be less chaotic and have the best chance of getting done.
  • amanza said:

Honestly, the best way to tackle this is for all of us to work on our own project, and then, have a main "editor" whom which we can send in our work to. This way it'll be less chaotic and have the best chance of getting done.

I think chaos will breed the sort of art this thing, at least in my mind, aspires to be. I don't see it as something to be tackled and edited, but instead as something to be started and allowed to take on a life of its own. Maybe we could do separate regional works that could be passed person to person without getting postage involved.
  • We're down. Awesome idea, BTW. My wife is a graphuc design graduate, so we'd definitely like to collaborate on a page.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.
    www.dankoni.com (still being coded)
    www.facebook.com/dankoni
    www.twitter.com/dankoni
  • what about a google doc we all share?
    www.williamhrdina.com -- Simple Journeys to Odd Destinations
    "All phenomena are real in some sense, unreal in some sense, meaningless in some sense, real and meaningless in some sense, unreal and meaningless in some sense, and real and unreal and meaningless in some sense." Robert Anton Wilson
  • amanza said:

Honestly, the best way to tackle this is for all of us to work on our own project, and then, have a main "editor" whom which we can send in our work to. This way it'll be less chaotic and have the best chance of getting done.

I think chaos will breed the sort of art this thing, at least in my mind, aspires to be. I don't see it as something to be tackled and edited, but instead as something to be started and allowed to take on a life of its own. Maybe we could do separate regional works that could be passed person to person without getting postage involved.

i agree i hope we can all create somthing with alot of setimentle novelty
    we need a list of people everyone who is down say i love bumgasms
  • I love Bumgasms
  • i love bumgasms !
  • i love bumgasms
  • uiuuiu
    Hrair
    This reminds me of this website I was obsessed with in the early 2000's...Nervousness.com. The whole premise was that people signed up for collaborative art projects that got sent around in the mail. I like the idea of doing it that way better because each person may be slightly inspired/influenced by the people before them. And there's a whole different element to actually holding the book and to see it's growth and the contributions in person. Something is lost on a computer screen.

On the other hand every project I started on there never got finished because there was always a deadbeat who abandoned it and didn't bother mailing it to the next person. I was pissed because I spent a lot of time prepping the projects. One of them was a fabric book that I wanted people to sew pockets on to and put a little something in each one. I think it died after 2 people.

I would love to contribute but I'm pretty sure I'd end up being a deadbeat at this time.
  • uiu said:

dhizzo said:

Period blood is encouraged.
  • dhizzo said:

uiu said:

dhizzo said:

Period blood is encouraged.

y a period blood all good as long as you try your best lmao
    I LOVE BUMGASMS
  • i guess the only thing im worried about is somone just keeping the book after it gets to them. but i think noones that much of a fuckin queer to do that on here
  • I'd want to join in, but I'm in the UK :/
  • I think what amanza said would work best, and be the most conventional way to do it.
  • Let us know when you work out the details!

Bumgasm.
    "It's better to be real than to be normal" -CurlyHips
  • jabjab
    Hrair
    I'd be down for contributing to something like this. Like others have said, it has its potential downfalls, but we'll never know if we don't give it a whirl. All you people who enjoy working out logistics with these sorts of things, just let us know how/when/where to start.

Not to get too technical, but we should probably have some way to report when you've sent the book along to the next person. That way, we'll always know who has the book (and can, thus, get on someone's case if they're holding it for a long time without passing it along). Basically, there needs to be some sort of mastermind behind this whole project, making sure there are no bumps in the road.
  • Late to the party, but I'd Love to contribute to this! It's not dead in the water is it? I'm based in u.k.
    Post edited by OceanTemporal at 2013-08-04 07:25:18
  • I say we just make songs and media with clips of the podcasts and spread them wide and far over the internet.
    Music, always entertaining as fuck http://8tracks.com/the_cartographer
  • I would like to be a part of this. I'm in the UK too (Just like @oceantemporal so it looks like it might be worth to send it over...I hope :))
    ANGELAGUYTON.com…….& on instagram: awildguytonappears
    (I create things.)
  • texas and i'm in with my cartoons
  • Is this still alive? I would gladly contribute to this.
  • *jumps up and down* Me me me me! I love these kinds of projects! Count me in!! I don't live in the US but I could maybe send something in to be stuck into the book?
  • Ok, I'm happy enough to get this thing started--I think its gestated enough and anyone who would have wanted to get on board would have posted already, no? Sooooooo would it make sense for me just to send it to the first person that posted on this thread...then that person sends it to the next person that posted...etc. Also, if we can say on here if we've shipped it out and then if we've received it. Does that sound fine to everyone? If so, I'll pm @godawfol to get his address. If I get even one "yes" I'll get the ball rolling........
    Post edited by Takahashi at 2013-09-30 10:52:17
    (I create things.)
  • We did this in high school among the artists and the stoners. It was called 'The Log.' Wish I had copies of a few of those suckers- they were pretty amazing.
    www.williamhrdina.com -- Simple Journeys to Odd Destinations
    "All phenomena are real in some sense, unreal in some sense, meaningless in some sense, real and meaningless in some sense, unreal and meaningless in some sense, and real and unreal and meaningless in some sense." Robert Anton Wilson
  • I'd really like to get in on this.
    I'm in Vancouver, and know a lot of other board members are as well,
    so I'd be down to even deliver it to the next person after me, or take it around to everyone if there's more than a few in my area who want to contribute.
    Let's paint a happy little cloud
  • Out in hawaii, I'll bridge the pacific ocean going east or west, doesn't matter :)
    I measured my waistline in planck lengths and now I feel awful.
    photo tmp_824317984_zps500a3873.jpeg
    Speak the mega cool, get funky as a goal.
  • Takahashi said:

Ok, I'm happy enough to get this thing started--I think its gestated enough and anyone who would have wanted to get on board would have posted already, no? .

Mee! Id love to get in on this colab! Did this ever take off?
  • Seems like this post keeps attracting new people (which is great!) --maybe its worth setting a deadline and then starting. That way movement across continents can be coordinated, cuz shipping can get pretty expensive.

Shall we say the starter pistol goes off on November 7th?
    That's one month from today.

In the mean time:
    I've made this google doc you guys can populate with the info so the logistics can be planned out.

PLEASE ADD YOUR INFO IF YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF THIS:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsFN90e_jTJldGNiVGJsdS0yZmtwTWExX0lFUjAyYkE&usp=sharing

(please let me know if someone else has started something else already or is already doing it a different way and I'll stop this redundant information gathering strand. As far as I can tell no one yet has sooooo..... here we go)

-----
    edit: updated the link
    Post edited by Takahashi at 2013-10-09 13:42:01
    (I create things.)
  • I'm having trouble adding my name to that list, are you sure we can edit the gDoc?
  • Im in the same boat as enigmatic. Ive got it up but can't edit anything.
  • aaaah--sorry about that. I changed the setting so now anyone can edit it. Here it is again: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsFN90e_jTJldGNiVGJsdS0yZmtwTWExX0lFUjAyYkE&usp=sharing

(I create things.)
  • I would love to participate. Maybe after the deadline we can start a new forum for everyone who has committed to being involved and discuss some options for the best way to make it all happen. If there was a format that could be agreed upon (ie. page size) Maybe everyone's submissions could all be sent to one place and then put in to the finished product. Maybe though, having all the previous submissions at your disposal while creating, could be very inspirational too. I don't know. There are a million ways it could be done. Regardless of how it all goes down, I really want to be a part of such a great concept. Thanks for suggesting it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!