Black Eyed Kids - Internet Meme or Truth? Plus Bizarre Explosion Noises World Wide
  • I have read about the black eyed kids for awhile now. It appears many claim to have been confronted by and encountered kids with large, black eyes. Horror movie kind of shit. Sounds like the usual internet bullshit, but man, you just never know. At this point in my life, I am open to about anything. Anyone know anything about this?

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2011/04/black-eyed-kids-insidious-threat-or-myth-in-the-making/

This other story, from Unknown Country has my ears perked up too.

Unexplained Explosions Now Worldwide
    They started in Clintonville, Wisconsin. They were dismissed as a local phenomenon. But they have now spread to 12 states, the United Kingdom and possibly Lithuania. They are loud, often metallic-sounding explosions of unknown origin. In the UK, a powerful explosion heard over most of southern England was explained as a sonic boom caused when two Typhoon jets were scrambled in response to an as-yet unexplained 'rare' emergency signal that came from a small helicopter hovering over Bath. The two jets were observed circling the helicopter. One witness reported a silver disk in the area. Meanwhile, unexplained explosions have now been heard both from the air and from underground in 12 states in the United States. They have nothing to do with fracking and are not a new earthquake-related geologic phenomenon.

Listen as Whitley Strieber and Linda Moulton Howe discuss this bizarre phenomenon, and Linda offers reports from many eyewitnesses.

Read the original source: http://www.unknowncountry.com/dreamland/latest#ixzz1t6QshvzH

http://www.strieber.com/streaming/042512.mp3

I love this stuff. Mostly for entertainment purposes.....
    photo lao-tzu-field1copysmall.jpg
  • this is good for lol
  • I've heard of this, BEKs, it's pretty interesting. Often aligns with duncan's vampire idea in the sense that they can't come in unless invited. It's never clarified what happens if they do come in because there's rarely been a "legit" story from that pov. It's always stories from people who don't let them in, which furthers the strangeness of the whole thing.

Also, Mysterious Universe is a great podcast for anyone into the whole "paranormal" stuff.
    Post edited by Zzyxzaa at 2012-04-25 21:34:40
  • godawfol said:

this is good for lol

I am of the mind this kind of stuff makes for great stories, and there is a very slight chance some of it is real. Makes for some good times. Plus, now if I ever see some kids with giant black eyes, I am running the fuck away.

Could it be kids just wearing contacts for lulz?
  • I think the noises are far more interesting. They're becoming pretty pervasive, and almost all of the videos I have seen usually contain at least one person claiming to have experienced them personally. Besides the explosion noises, there are some far creepier ones like this one :

I think this was the first of it's kind that I saw, but there is a myriad of these videos out there now.

Anyone familiar with Charles Hapgood's theory of earth crust displacement?
    The future ahead of us is beyond our wildest imaginings. It can't be any other way. Business as usual is off the menu.
  • Sorry, one more:

The future ahead of us is beyond our wildest imaginings. It can't be any other way. Business as usual is off the menu.
  • i thought a zombie herd was gonna pop out of the trees any second in the first video. i don't know man, it just sounds like the wind to me as picked up by a mic.

edit:

ok. now i've seen a bunch of other videos. wtf IS THAT. sounds like a hoax but.. weird.
    Post edited by martinl at 2012-04-26 00:07:55
  • the zombie kids made me think of those little blue dudes from akira
    Post edited by Cthulutaur at 2012-04-26 03:12:48
    STEAM:CTHULUTAUR--BLIZZARD:CTHULUTAUR#1837--TWITTER:@FUCKYRICKY--NOWFUTURE.TK
  • This guy convincingly debunks most of the strange sounds videos with pretty good examples.

And I think the BEK stories are persistent people who wanted the spooky stories to catch on and they never went viral. I love weird unexplained shit, but stylish, olive skinned, teenagers with black eyes don't evoke very much of anything out of me. Little kids with black eyes would freak the fuck out of me though.

Post edited by Nater at 2012-04-26 05:06:29
  • Klorptar said:

I think the noises are far more interesting. They're becoming pretty pervasive, and almost all of the videos I have seen usually contain at least one person claiming to have experienced them personally. Besides the explosion noises, there are some far creepier ones like this one :

I think this was the first of it's kind that I saw, but there is a myriad of these videos out there now.

That video is taken in the heart of oil mining country. The sounds are from oil lines.
  • Sounds legit.
  • Klorptar said:

I think the noises are far more interesting. They're becoming pretty pervasive, and almost all of the videos I have seen usually contain at least one person claiming to have experienced them personally. Besides the explosion noises, there are some far creepier ones like this one :

That video is taken in the heart of oil mining country. The sounds are from oil lines.

my mom works in conclin as a medic that sound could be anything
  • so, no stories about what happens if you do let them in?

having black eyes and the ability to creep people out so bad that they won't do what you ask seems like kind of a lame super power.
    Mr. Takahashi would like to see you all in his office now

sitaramdas.com
    @sitaramdas
  • I've heard of this. They sound like template fairy people/alien/vampire type experience (assuming the any of the claims are truthful). This one account comes to mind (what's the folkloric significance of crossing running water?):

Full post: http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45271

"He didn't answer and just stared at me as I jumped out of the boat and began pulling it fully on to the boat ramp. By now it was completely dark and I was hungry and ready to go home. As I started unhooking the motor from the battery leads, he finally spoke:

"Take me in this canoe to the other side of the lake," he said. It caught me totally by surprise as I was having a hard time getting one of the battery leads off, since the screw is stripped out and it was near dark, so I was preoccupied with that. I looked up at him and saw he'd moved in closer- he was now standing just inches from the bow (front) of the boat.

Instantly I felt a sense of impending doom that's hard to describe. Just a sense of overwhelming sadness along with a slight disorientation. I sort of spun my head all around to get my bearings- everything seemed slightly "off," and also deathly quiet. What seemed especially strange is that the sound of the water flowing by seemed to have stopped, even though the current was still moving briskly along. When I looked at the water itself, I got kind of a queasy feeling. This feeling was akin to the way you feel right before throwing up beer- you know that kind of "sloshing" inside your stomach right before you heave? For some reason I felt as if the river water was churning through my body and inside my guts- it was (and is) just an almost inexplicable sensation.

His voice had an odd, flat quality to it- kind of like the way voices sound on weak AM radio stations. Yet he spoke crisply and precisely, and not at all the way you'd expect a child of that age to sound. He was very matter-of-fact, as if he was telling rather than asking me, which I guess he was. Odder yet was his choice of words- he called my boat a "canoe" which it clearly is not- it's a typical small rowboat about four feet wide with little "jon-boat" seats with backrests. I found his calling my boat "this" canoe strange too- who else's "canoe" would it be?

Also his use of the word "lake" was weird- there is no way anyone would call where we were a "lake." This part of the canal is about 25 feet across, but just downstream of this point it narrows to about 12-15 feet wide. Anyone looking at it would call it a river or maybe even a stream, but never a "lake."

I stopped fiddling with the battery and looked again at his sneakers with those blue shoelaces. For some reason the shoelaces sort of calmed me down a bit- they looked kind of ridiculous on those beat-up, muddy old sneakers. Another thing was the knots- as I fisherman I know a lot of knots, but never saw anything like this. The knots looked very intricate and complex, like little pretzels or something. While looking at his shoes I answered him:

"My battery's dead buddy, I barely had enough juice to make it back here." I generally call all boys under 16 or so "buddy," it's just a habit of mine. As I said it I started getting out of the boat and lifted the battery out by the handle on top. He spoke again:

"You have to take me across this lake, I left my knapsack on the other side."

I was now out of the boat and, for the first time, eye-to eye with him. He wasn't more than 3 feet from me. That's when I noticed his eyes were pure-and I mean pure- black. Although it was dark, I am certain there wan't even a sliver of iris or color- just two dark, black holes that seemed icy cold. His skin was very pale, and he seemed to give off a kind of acrid smell, like truck brakes burning on a steep downhill grade.

I suddenly had the urge to simply take off running and leave the boat where it was, absurd as this sounds. Hell, he was just a small boy, yet something about those eyes just made me want to run, and run fast. Yet I felt paralyzed, as if if I'd began running my legs would have frozen. I was still holding the battery which weighs almost 40 lbs, and my body seemed to somehow ache all over, and I felt very cold. To tell you the truth, I was downright terrifed. He spoke again:

"I'll be in a lot of trouble if I don't get my knapsack- it will only take a minute for you to bring me across the lake."
    Post edited by Todesangst at 2012-04-26 13:07:25
  • I heard the strange sounds once, sort of like a steel horn or something. Very eerie, and I couldn't tell from what direction the sound was coming from, like surround sound outside. Most interestingly, it was around 1am on August 24th, 2011, while I was out stargazing. I live in Northern Virginia, and if you remember, on August 23rd there was the freak earthquake here that was felt all up and down the east coast. There were a lot of conspiracies surrounding that earthquake because the seismology report didn't look natural, and that it might have been a collapse/destruction of alleged underground military bases near Luray and Culpeper. It was also only a few hours after a similar earthquake in Colorado, near another alleged underground base.

So, my idea is that these sounds might have something to do with underground bases, perhaps venting air to the surface or some type of machining or drilling. That's all I know about it.
    एकम् सत् विप्राः बहुधा वदन्ति
    That which exists is One, but sages call it by various names.
  • now i know what i'm going to get my son for his birthday... some black contacts.

we're going to scare people so badly they'll be asking for Christ to come back into their lives. ohh boy, is this great!

i'll be hiding just a few meters away. i'll teach him to walk up to someone (non-threatening in appearance) and say "can you take me to your leader?" ... "i need to know where your knives are stored" ... "i have to do something very bad"

being a dad is so much fun!
    sunt lacrimae rerum
  • It simply must be aliens.

@hamsterfist You should probably check your sources, bro. Those sites don't appear very credible.
    "It's just a ride." - Bill Hicks
  • @MadFish

They can't put this shit on cnn. It will scare the masses.

Besides this shit is just modern ghost stories.
  • It's those trumpets of death the bible was talking about.
  • Sleep paralysis can generate myriad of familiar paranormal images, like Alien Abduction, Old Hag, fairies, angels, shadow people. etc

Hypnagogia is a helluva drug

Krishna said:

I heard the strange sounds once, sort of like a steel horn or something. Very eerie, and I couldn't tell from what direction the sound was coming from, like surround sound outside.

On the subject of strange sounds in the sky, i too have heard similar, crazy machine-like sounds with no apparent source that went on for a while. When i was looking for videos on the subject, I found this clip:

No idea what it means, but it's those same sorts of sounds coming from the sky
    Post edited by Todesangst at 2012-04-27 17:51:38
  • I had a pretty trippy "Old hag" experience once. My friends and I were pretty deep into our psychedelic phase, and had been into the whole OTO/Golden Dawn hermetic meme for a while at this point. One night we had been taking a bunch of things- I think mushrooms, a smokable thujone resin we had sort of invented, and were also experimenting with a smokable resin of damiana to see if it did anything. We were calling the damiana "Steve" for some reason. So, it's summer, early morning (like the breaking of dawn) and we're no longer tripping, but certainly not sober, and wandering around town. A bunch of girls called from a window, then came down and tried to trade us sex for weed. I remember being really confused, and my one friend telling them we were on Steve, and slowly explaining that we had killed our friend Steve, reduced him to an essence and smoked him. Anyway, my other friend and I looked over and saw this old Russian woman (not strange for the area) with a face that looked digitally distorted. Like, somehow impossible to see. A short while later we saw her again, on the train tracks, a good distance from the first time we saw her. Not far for three young guys on stimulants, but a pretty mighty trek for a old woman. It struck me as fairly menacing at the time. Nothing like spending a few years on drugs and magic to leave you with some weird experiences.
  • It's all just swamp gasses.
  • Found this interesting segment of "Dreamland" (sister show of Coast to Coast AM). They go into way more darker things there

Tadaaaaaa. I`m creeped out because I had a dream about three of these kids once, and the next day a friend told me she had the same dream that very night. This was before I even heard about this phenomenon
    Post edited by Nostradamus at 2012-07-06 09:31:26

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!