Time Travel to any event, where would you go?
  • If you could travel back in time and witness any event but not interact or interfere with it -- where and when would you go and why? JFK? Roswell? Jesus?
  • Cowboy times.

I've always wanted some spurred boots, a horse, two revolvers and a lasso.

Heeyahh! an exciting time to be alive.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] at 2012-02-24 18:00:54
    "I got stuck in a cravarse on the moun-tain."
  • Come to my neck of the woods. That. Stuff is still going on here.
  • Come to my neck of the woods. That. Stuff is still going on here.

brilliant, i've always been fascinated with that time period.

if I only had one choice though, it would have to be the pinnacle of ancient egypt.
    now that would be fucking awesome. Virtual reality, please make this possible.
    please.
  • I think I might go to England when The Beatles were first starting out and befriend them and be a god, McFly style, with my mind-blowing guitar skills.
  • I'd check out the big bang
    or I'd go back to Bruce Lee times
  • Oops. Didnt read the part about not interacting.

I guess I'd go to El Mirador in Guatemala at the peak of its prosperity.
    It's a massive temple (72m tall) that I visited last year. It's a 5 day jungle hike in to the place and the trail you hike in on was once a paved highway. The scale of those cities is just incredible and I'd love to see it in its fully functioning state.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Mirador
  • excellent example^

more of these folks!
  • woodstock could be fun!
  • I would love to travel to the times of the mayans or egyptians and see how life was really like in an ancient city. I'd imagine rural life in those times was essentially caveman style scraping by, but the cities would be a very different thing.

Or it would be interesting to travel to Tesla's workshop and see him experimenting with various contraptions, leonardo davinci too.

Oh and how amazing would it be to watch the sistine chapel being painted.
  • I think the greatest thing would be to see famous people as they were in reality. History tends to make people into deities. Everyone poops.
  • I agree that woodstock would be my #1 - especially if i could just stay in that era for themonterey pop fest too. I think woodstock was probably pretty awful on a burning man (bm) scale but just the same the acts were killer and the spectacle would have made it worth enduring. No fear of STDs or preg-a-nacies = let the good times roll.
    Post edited by optimisto at 2012-02-25 11:29:03
    When in doubt zoom out
  • Here's a question, because this fascinates me. Do you go to the future or the past? The future would be a trip, but so would the past! I reckon most people would choose the future. I would have to go with the future, but man it would be good to see how people ACTUALLY lived what ACTUALLY went down.
  • Well if you choose to go to the past, you know what is worth checking out.

If you go to the future, you have no idea what or when is important / interesting.
  • I would definitely check out our hominid ancestors figuring out tools and what not. Could zoom through the development of our species and really find out how all that shit went down.
  • I think I'd go back and watch 9/11 in person. I saw it live on TV but if I had the chance I'd want to see it in person.

Most surreal moment of my life.

__ edit, hey wth my avatar dun was removed.
    Post edited by iwantduncaninsideme at 2012-02-25 14:06:11

• __ edit, hey wth my avatar dun was removed.

All of ours were lost in some kind of hosting hiccup. You'll need to replace it.
  • I'd go back to when I was born and kill myself in order to save the universe
    I am the Beast muahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • I'd go back just enough years to be named a god when I whip out my Iphone. That, or they'll think I'm a witch and I'll end up burning at the stake.
  • people not reading OP. ARGH NEG REP! :)

Would probably want to see Hendrix live at reading or Woodstock....or Bad Brains live in DC before they moved to NYC.
  • 50 years into the future, any major city. Even if we've all killed each other the solitude would be nice.

or

2 weeks before 9/11. I'd call in an anonymous tip--of course this is under the assumption that 'they' had nothing to do with it...just sayin'.
    "First there is a mountain/Then there is no mountain/Then there is."
  • I would sell my car and buy a collapsable sniper rifle for a suit case, along with a nice suit and IMMEDIATELY begin training to become a marksman.

I'd travel back to the 1936 olympics, and snipe hitler.
    We take for granted things around / are child's play all the way down.
    | my shit | more |
  • Clarion said:

I would sell my car and buy a collapsable sniper rifle for a suit case, along with a nice suit and IMMEDIATELY begin training to become a marksman.

I'd travel back to the 1936 olympics, and snipe hitler.

Leonding, Austria 1889. I would try to get Hitler to catch a live grenade.
  • I would love to be a fly on the wall when Albert Hoffman spilled d-lysergic acid diethylamide on himself and had histories first LSD trip haha
  • Cowboy times.

I've always wanted some spurred boots, a horse, two revolvers and a lasso.

Heeyahh! an exciting time to be alive.

You don't need a time machine for that, move to North Dakota.

I think I would attend some of the great musical festivals like the Monterey Pop festival when hendrix first returned to the US..I would skip woodstock personally there were festivals that were a lot more intamate than woodstock but thats opinion from watching videos and reading about them.

My heroes are midgets with real jobs.
  • I'd arrive just before Columbus did. And then kill those motherfuckers so that America would be oh so beautiful... at least until the English found us later on. Then I'd kill those fuckers too!
  • Whatever century has the most significant people. 16th century?
  • I would go back to 1984 and kill my parents.
    "Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace "
  • Ancient Egypt baby!!
  • Ancient Egypt baby!!

This was my #2 Rogan convinced me on this

I would go back to 1984 and kill my parents.

>happens
    >this post won't exist

• Intimate conversations with Susan B. Anthony at her deathbed. I would document everything she says on paper and carefully bury it in a marked location where I will retrieve it in the future to sell at auction for millions of dollars.
    Post edited by Almond at 2012-02-27 15:30:25
  • Back to 1600's, so I could witness people ridiculing Galileo with my own eyes.
    I wonder how that would change my world view.
    Call me for a fun time. (703) 697-1776
    Post edited by Spectre at 2013-06-12 10:51:42
  • how could it be anything but Jesus? Even as a non-christian, it's gotta be it. Buddha comes a close second but being white, he hasn't quite had the same effect on my silly culture....yet.
  • LOL, once the topic of time travel comes up, how long before Hitler is mentioned?
  • If I was just observing and not actually living during the event(s), I would just follow around Joey Diaz throughout his entire life. Imagine being inside the limo with Whitney Houston and Ricky Martin? Inside Lucy Snorebush's bedroom on that fateful evening? Good god.
  • Egypt at it's peak of evolution right before they collapsed. Egyptian culture is so mysterious and unique, more so than other cultures in my opinion. It's like they had this vast knowledge that was some how lost along the way.
    "I could fuck an oyster and cum." - Duncan
  • I would travel the '60s era right when the San Francisco counterculture movement was at it's peak, everyone on good acid wouldn't bat an eye when I step out of the time machine, and my positive vibes would meld right into theirs for a journey of epic proportions.

This also assuming I can hop back in the machine after a few weeks, one difference from the hippies of that era is that I like me a good shower. :P
    T͙̩̱͝ḫ͍̯̼͚͡e̘̘̱͈͓ ͞Dą͙͈̮͙̥̙r̼̗̤͈͎ḱ̬̙̜͉̭̭͕ ̱̪̝̣͈͘ͅU͔͚̟̟̜͠n̟̜̜d͍͡e̺̦̳̬r̕b͉̲ẹ̸̠̬ͅļ̫l͉͓̱̭͓̼ỵ̥̠̖̗͍̙ ̕n̖e̦͚̜̩v̲͙͠e̮̯̻̜̦r̤̹̮͡ ̟͍͈͇̲͠f̴̤̣̜̣o̗͓̱̖͙̟̳r͚͈̩͍̼̘g̗͇̱̗̺̜͚e̠̘͡t̖̘s͖̬̰̹̪̻̹
  • Dilbert said:

I would travel the '60s era right when the San Francisco counterculture movement was at it's peak, everyone on good acid wouldn't bat an eye when I step out of the time machine, and my positive vibes would meld right into theirs for a journey of epic proportions.

i second this, except i would never fucking leave!
  • Go back to the first formation of living single cells on earth, fart on it, then travel back to the future.
  • that's an easy answer. Go back and get all the scrolls and works out of the Library of Alaxandria before the religious freaks burned it down.

the big change that would ripple through to now is it would put us over a thousand years forward in our progress. We would know exactly how to build a pyramid.
  • Go back in time to tell myself to watch the movie "Primer"
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390384/
    Post edited by DanG at 2012-02-28 07:53:18
  • When the Spanish first started conquering the America's. It would be interesting going from side to side seeing what they have to say about each other.
  • that's an easy answer. Go back and get all the scrolls and works out of the Library of Alaxandria before the religious freaks burned it down.

the big change that would ripple through to now is it would put us over a thousand years forward in our progress. We would know exactly how to build a pyramid.

Well played sir. I think you may of just won the internet for the day.
  • I've got to agree with those that said Egypt. Ive been going back to the British museum to look at the Egyptian stuff a lot recently and I have become absolutely fascinated but Instead of answers i simply have more and more questions.
  • i would go to the end of the universe. i've heard that there is a grate restaurant there
  • IF anybody knows of any decent films that depict Ancient Egypt in all it's glory, I'd love to hear about them.... The only one i've seen so far come anywhere close to what i'm after is The Mummy. still a great film, but not exactly what i'm looking for lol.

@whotson is it Italian? ;)
  • Ok. I'd go back 65.1 million years ago, and check out dinosaurs. I'd fly under the sea and see all the crazy huge monsters swimming, then I'd knock over a log and find a little mouse. I'd say "Hey little fella! You're gonna turn into a human someday!" Then I might fast forward and watch the extermination event that killed almost every living being on the planet, an asteroid striking the gulf of mexico and murdering every dinosaur besides the crocs for all eternity.
    "Up above aliens hover, making home movies for the folks back home of all these weird creatures that lock up their spirits, drill holes in themselves, and live for their secrets. They're all uptight" -Radiohead
  • I'd like to see what kind of bizarre lifeforms existed on Earth around the time of the cambrian explosion. I'd also like to see the little niche on Earth where life, as we know it, first formed if it formed on Earth at all. I'm sure both times would be pretty fucking scary though.
  • Either Atlantis (to see if that shit ever existed and if it was the precursor for Egypts' crazy science skills) or really far into the future when we are a class 3 civilisation or higher... come back and have peace of mind that we aren't all gonna get nuked or fully enslaved by fucking reptillians.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!