Any other podcast favorites?
  • I work a night audit shift. So I spend a lot of time listening to podcasts, working on a vitamin D deficiency, and crying . I always look forward to new podcasts... Some of my favorites so far are (excluding DTFH):
    Professor Blastoff (fucking hilarious- Hosts Tig Notaro, Kyle Dunnigan, David Huntsberger),
    Radiolab (buff up on all your useless information skills, super interesting.)
    10 minute podcast (literally 10 minutes long staring Will Sasso, Chris D'Elia and Bryan Callen... this podcast makes me sound like a maniacal hotel ghost because I can't stop laughing )
    Joe Rogan Experience (DUH.)
    Judge John Hodgman (John Hodgman from The Daily Show hilariously delivers justice to people with ridiculous scruples)
    This American Life I am what I am, OK? Great show.
    Risk (Lots of famous and not famous people tell stories about themselves that they never thought they would.)
    Comedy Bang Bang (Some of them not as funny as others but I discovered Paul F. Thompkins, and Andy Daly they always make a show hilarious. Amazing characters! Plus you always get guests like Tim and Eric!)

These are most of them but I'm always on the look out for more! Thought I'd share the love with fellow long-boring-shift-workers.
    Post edited by Amanda_Hugginkiss at 2012-04-09 15:53:56
  • Mike and Tom Eat Snacks

Its Michael Ian Black and Tom Cavanagh.

They eat snacks and talk about it. Its pretty good, I have gotten through like 14 episodes in the last week cause each one is only about 30 to 45 mins.
  • Todd Glass Show - Usually ridiculous bits, getting repetitive with the same guests over and over though.
    How Did This Get Made? - Bad/Ridiculous movie reviews w/Paul Scheer and Jason Mantzoukas (sp?). Awesome.
    Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast - Fucking hilarious.
    I listen to a bunch more survivalist/apocalyptic shit that probably doesn't interest many.
  • Survival/Apocalypse sounds good to me! I could get into some walking dead story time...
  • red bar radio-pretty all over the place...ridiculous bits, prank phone calls, biting social commentary....the guy has been doing it for 10 years and i think its much funnier than 99% of professional comedians' podcasts
  • WTF
    Comedy Bang Bang
    Jon Daly's Rafflecast is a new favorite. I wish there were more of them.
    Radiolab
    This American Life
    I used to love JRE but i grow tired of it.
    Mike and Tom eat snacks ("Our viewers, and i know they're not viewers")
    Fencesitter, eternal spoil sport.
  • All those and:
    The Smartest Man in the World with Greg Proops (The best)
    The Champs with Neil Brennan, Moshe Kasher, and DJ Dougpound
    You Made It Weird!
    mdd0127 said:
    @jeremy
    Go use those big red lips and find a dick to suck.
  • Yeah, Greg Proops' Vodkast is amazing.

I've been a big fan of The Jimmy Dore Show for awhile.
    jimmydorecomedy.com

My favorite political podcast is The Professional Left.
    http://professionalleft.blogspot.com/
    I ruined a perfectly good thread.
  • After Duncan, my second favourite is Jordan, Jesse, Go!
  • I enjoy Ari's Skeptic Tank, and the JeffRubinJeffRubin show.
  • Duncan, Rogan, Beauty and da Beast, bone zone is growing on me.
  • Real Time with Bill Maher
    Beauty and Da beast (Joey Diaz & felicia Michaels)

Adam Corrolla's podcast is really popular though I haven't given it a try. Is it worth it?
    If you don't like Hank Williams, honey, you can kiss my ass.
  • -The Champs has gotten infinitely better from inception. In case you guys don't know, they only interview black guests(with the exception of Bobby Lee and Sasha Grey). It is hilarious, Doug's drops crack me the fuck up.
    -JRE
    - Skeptic Tank
    - Bone Zone
    - WTF with Marc Maron can be good depending on the guest
    "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
    — Albert Camus
  • -Me1 vs Me2 (it'll take courage to make it to the end...not for faint of mind, or for those in a rush)
    -Psychedelic Salon (go to http://feeds.feedburner.com/matrixmasters/iGAG lots of McKenna, Bruce Damer: check him out if you've never heard of him...the host Lorenzo is a badass 60's revolutionary, so he obviously supports and updates OWS news, and represents the counterculture)
    -This American Life (I second that)
    -SALT(Seminars About Long-term Thinking)
    -Point of Inquiry (the Christian bashing is tiresome, but somebody's gotta do it... they cover other topics, but it's all done in a pointed fashion)
    -Big Ideas (great for the Chomsky alone)
    -Red List Radio (you could say this is amateurish, maybe, but they're just calling it like they see it, and it's all fucked!)
    Post edited by jdirt2019 at 2012-04-09 20:04:20
  • theocean said:

red bar radio

Hell yeah.
  • dashamas said:

Adam Corrolla's podcast is really popular though I haven't given it a try. Is it worth it?

man, i've had a bone to pick with Corolla, but it wouldn't do any good, so i just kinda stopped listening...will check out if i see an interesting guest. he's made it no secret he's a born and raised atheist, and that's cool and all, and he's also not made a secret that he had to come up through a lot, and that's cool and all too, but i think the ACE man is the face of a lot of what's wrong with the world. popular segments include "what can't adam complain about" and your first answer should be, "no shit".

what fox news is to ignorant racists, adam is the sportscenter. that is to say, all he does is shit on everything, and that's cool and all, but you need to be responsible for spreading so much negative energy. i know you could say "well people know i'm joking" but it's just like comedy should only be left in the hands of people who know how to use it. adam spews negative energy and i'd be willing to bet at least one or two vinegar brains out there have taken their cues from adam and felt proud to be ignorant and proud to be hateful and never admit you might be wrong, and oh yeah society really might be fucked but it's not my problem so fuck 'em, i'm going to get mine. (possibly not the attitude we need now and going forward?)

should you listen? consider what i've tried to lay out, give it a shot, try to improve yourself based on how ignorant of a dick he is... and don't be that guy! (and the commercials, for me, detract, but it's part of the game, so... it's your world. i bet you could find more positive and insightful things to fill your head).
  • Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I was considering listening to adam corolla but I've heard from a lot of people he's acting like a real limbaugh lately. Also, I do enjoy me some Jordon, Jessie GO! He also co-hosts with John Hodgman and does wonderfully.
  • @Amanda_Hugginkiss

If you want a good cry at work, listen to the latest episode of Beauty and Da Beast-"I Won't Even Pace Myself" no. 83
    If you don't like Hank Williams, honey, you can kiss my ass.
  • If you're looking for something different, try 'Quirks and Quarks' from CBC radio in Canada.

It's hard-science, no fluff, but very accessible and very interesting. Each episode is about a half hour, usually featuring 4 or 5 quick topics.

http://www.cbc.ca/quirks/episode

git yer learn on.

Post edited by brimpy at 2012-04-09 23:09:13
  • You Made It Weird is great. Pete Holmes is just a positive person that's just bursting at the seams with wonder. Lots of fun conversations.

If you like videogames, The Indoor Kids is great. They go in all kinds of directions, it's Kumail Nanjiani and his wife Emily V. Gordon interviewing a guest, usually with a topic in mind, like sexism in videogames, and they'll go off topic and come back, and it's good, funny, interesting stuff.

WTF With Marc Maron, is usually great. It does depend on the guest, but results of his interviews sometimes are so drastically different it's pretty interesting to see which guests were more willing to get into things, or just keep Marc at arms length. Marc has a great interview style. I dig it.

You Had To Be There is the only podcast I know (or that I've listened to, yet) that has two female cohosts. And these two are hilarious and have great, great comedy chemistry. Nikki Glaser and Sara Schaefer, two comedians who started the podcast shortly after meeting, you can hear their friendship on air. It's palpable and joyous. They interview a guest, and sometimes have a musical guest. They have a small group of people over to Sara's apartment to watch them. It's seems like a punk rock talk show. Very intimate, and hilarious.

Walking The Room with Dave Anthony and Greg Behrendt. They're also having their friendship via podcast. They're two comedians feeling out what they view as their failed careers, wallowing in sadness, telling great stories, and saying disturbing shit to one another and to everyone listening. They have a great dynamic, this is great comedy chemistry as well, this is like the blue meth in breaking bad kind of chemistry, but for comedy. So goo(d).
  • For history fans, check out Hardcore History. Dan Carlin makes history incredibly fascinating. Most shows are an hour or two, some up to four. He's covered the fall of the Roman Republic, the Eastern Front of World War 2, Medieval Europe, and lots more. It's really really awesome.
  • I don't believe 99% invisible was talked about yet, but its fantastic. The host Roman Mars has the voice of an angel. He discusses the architecture of the world and gives you insight into things you may have never even given a second thought to.

Doug Loves Movies if you're into silly games and movies. Doug Benson is the host, and I'm sure you all know him :D Great guests and you learn little tidbits about movies while laughing all the way!

Punch Drunk
    Ari Shaffir, Sam Tripolli, and Jayson Thibault; three hilarious comedians talk sports.

I probably have a few more ill add later, but there are some great podcasts listed in all previous posts :D
  • Bill Burr is great

Carolla is hilarious at times, but if you listen for a long time his stuff gets tedious. He's turned into the blowhard he used to complain about. His best stuff by far comes from his days on Loveline. A couple of great epis

http://www.lovelinetapes.com/shows/?id=1650&h=N2I1ZTI0MDg

http://www.lovelinetapes.com/shows/?id=712&h=Y2Q5MTg5YmI

WTF can be amazing, as long as you FF past Maron's opening rants. He gets incredible guests.

Mental Illness Happy Hour makes me feel a little better about my life.
    http://mentalpod.com/archives/category/episodes/page/3

Post edited by kulashaker at 2012-04-10 02:45:44
    Am I Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.
  • The Big 3 podcast is the one that makes me laugh the most. You have to watch the movie Windy City Heat to get in on the joke, but once you do it's absolute genius.
    Mumia Abu-Jamal is in a jail cell dropping truth. Obama's in the Wite House dropping bombs.
    Which one got the Nobel Peace Prize?
  • Well, naturally The Joe Rogan Experience.
    Other than that, I highly recommend Psychedelic Salon (A collection of recordings of McKenna, Leary etc, if you have any interest in psychedelic drugs and the like you should check this one out for sure). Also, if you're into gaming then Rebel FM . You can find both on iTunes.
    The hands of the many must join as one and together we'll cross the river.
  • Pragmagic, I second the Psychedelic Salon.

Lorenzo has been one of the hardest working podcasters around. I especially like the fact that he has an ongoing relationship with Bruce Damer who continues to push forward the integration between man and machine thru virtual networked ecosystems.

I can't express how lucky my generation is to have ongoing archivists like Lorenzo working to preserve and spread the Bard.

Psychedelic Salon is a treasure to behold.

• If you like videogames, The Indoor Kids is great. They go in all kinds of directions, it's Kumail Nanjiani and his wife Emily V. Gordon interviewing a guest, usually with a topic in mind, like sexism in videogames, and they'll go off topic and come back, and it's good, funny, interesting stuff.

On a couple of the videogame based JeffRubinJeffRubin shows, Kumail is the guest. I didn't know he had his on podcast, very cool!

The episode of the Jeff Rubin show about the Muggle Quidditch World Cup is so fun, and the Rollercoaster ep too.

• uiuuiu
    Hrair
    @kulashaker I love The Mental Illness Happy Hour. Did you suggest that in another thread? If you did thank you! I support someone with severe bipolar/anxiety/agoraphobia and I find that podcast to be very supportive and it's the kind of advocacy that people who face mental illness need. And it's funny and interesting, not boring and clinical.

@DrunkenAdama I need to check out Jon Daly's podcast. I first heard of him on whatever comedy bang bang used to be called...when he did Bill Cosby Bukowski's Jelloems and that was hilarious.

I also recommend:

The Long Shot
    Grandma's Virginity
    Risk (if you listen to the "New at This" episode Kevin Allison advertises my art!).
    The Dork Forest
    The Smartest Man on Earth
    Post edited by uiu at 2012-04-16 13:30:18
  • Huge huge fan of Pete Holmes' "You Made it Weird". Start with the Duncan episode. Gets great guests and more importantly is bursting with positivity, and there's usually a great range from depth to silly and back again.
  • Jim jefferies and Eddie Ifft TalkS hit
    JRE
    Beauty and Da Beast
  • -Entheogenic Evolution- hosted by Martin Ball (this guys knows his psychedelics)
    -Jim Jefferies and Eddie Ifft Talkin sHit and Bill Burr are easily the funniest podcasts
    -JRE
    _Adam Carrolla- fuck you, he's funny
    -The Bone Zone
    -Beauty and Da Beast
    -WTF
    -Skeptic Tank
    -Mike Hagan's Radio Orbit
    -Red Ice Creations

Anyone know any good music compilation podcasts?
  • No Buglers here?!

Check it: "The Bugle" with hosts John Oliver and Andy Zaltzman. Weekly news round-up/aghast party/piss-take. Oliver is fucking cool as shit. These guys go together like weed and sealab.

This is top 3 stuff for me.
  • dtfh, bill burr, beauty and da beast, joe rogan, skeptic tank (sometimes)
  • Dan Carlin + Mysterious Universe
    The Head Apollo is about to return.
    St Sophia is going to be born again; she was not acceptable before.
    Siddhartha sleeps (but is going to awaken). The time you have waited for has come.
  • In the end...
    We are self-perceiving, self-inventing, locked-in mirages that are little miracles of self-reference.” — Douglas Hofstadter
  • JRE
    Smodcast
    You made it weird
    Brode and Esther

• I like Adam Corolla, and used to listen to him every day. However, his blatant contempt for the poor left me unable to download his podcast with a clear conscience.
  • I like Adam Corolla, and used to listen to him every day. However, his blatant contempt for the poor left me unable to download his podcast with a clear conscience.

He's turned into the blowhard that he always made fun of.

Am I Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.
  • Post edited by BetterOffHere at 2012-05-02 18:11:18

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!