Duncan @ Moontower Comedy Fest and the Austin Psych Fest
  • Duncan will be performing at the Moontower Comedy Festival in Austin, Texas at the end of April. Is anyone here planning on attending his shows? You can read about the festival on the website, www.moontowercomedyfestival.com

The 5th Austin Psych Fest is happening that same weekend. I already had plans to attend Psych Fest before the Moontower Fest was announced, so I will be there all weekend. More info here, http://www.austinpsychfest.com/

I am going to try and catch one of Duncan's shows that doesn't interfere with the Psych Fest. Maybe the Thurs night show at The Parish.

Duncan, you should think about coming to the Austin Psych Fest after you are done performing at Moontower Comedy Fest. You can purchase day passes or a weekend pass. It's a great festival with tons of amazing bands covering the whole gambit of psychedelic music.

If anyone else if attending, hit me up.
    and my soul has been psychedelicized
  • I couldn't find which shows he is playing at on the site. Do you have info?
    Black people really understand hats.- Ico
  • The website is kind of hard to navigate through. If you scroll down and click on Duncan Trussell it brings up a list of four shows.

Wed April 25th - Scottish Rite Theatre 8:00PM
    tickets
    Thurs, Fri, Sat April 26-28 - The Parish 10:00PM
    tickets

Here is the description for the Thurs - Sat shows,
    SHOW HOUSE Thu 04/26/12 to Sat 04/28/12
    The Show House: From the mind of Duncan Trussell (Comedy Central, Funny or Die's “Drunk History”) comes a ritualistic journey through the comedic multi-verse guaranteed to heal you, your family, the planets and all time and space. Featuring a different cast of Moontower comics each night and packed with country's most hilarious and original standups from TV, film and the web. *All lineups subject to change, and special guests*
 4/26 lineup: Brendon Walsh, Eric Andre, Brody Stevens, Chris Trew, Brent Weinbach
 4/27 lineup: Nikki Glaser, Maria Bamford, Moshe Kasher, Lucas Molandes, Brendon Walsh
 4/28 lineup: Rachel Feinstein, Joe Mande, Chelsea Peretti, Brody Stevens, Brendon Walsh

It sounds like a variety show. I'm hoping Duncan will read this and give us a little description of what the show is like. I also want him to know that Psych Fest is happening that same weekend, I think he would enjoy it.
    Post edited by pedalphile at 2012-04-13 15:51:30
  • sweet, thanks.
  • So is anyone planning on seeing Duncan perform at Moontower Comdey Fest? Let's meet up.
  • I'm 80% going.
  • i plan on going, just havent bought the tickets yet
  • A little preview of some of the bands playing at this years Psych Fest.

Prince Rama is a sister duo described as skin-pounding electronic new-age space gospel, haha. Both are advocates of http://now-age.org/

If you like what you hear and want to hear more, you can stream their latest album here,

I'll post more later. Enjoy!
  • I'll be at the show on the 28th at The Parish. It will make the multiverse feel the tiniest bit smaller. Super excited to hear Duncan and some other great comedians.
  • Awesome! I'm going to try and make it to that same show. It's the only one that doesn't interfere with the Austin Psych Fest.
  • I was thinking of going to the 4/25 show at the Scottish Rite Theatre since it's so close to campus
  • Just bought my tix for the Saturday night show.
  • duncanduncan
    El-ahrairah
    Thanks for posting this! I have no idea what the Showhouse shows are going to be like. I have a barbershop quartet at my disposal. Haven't gotten much farther than that, but am totally open to suggestions.
  • I think each show should begin with a ceremonial slaying of a vampire. A slaying or a cleansing. Either way.
  • Scottish Rite Temple! @Duncan - all about the Freemasons! Can we invite Alex Jones?
    Post edited by NancyGraceNipSlip at 2012-04-26 08:05:53
    Sent from my rotary phone.
  • I decided to catch Hannibal Buress tonight, then Duncan tomorrow. Psych Fest all weekend!
  • Is that the same moontower immortalized in Dazed and Confused?
    Am I Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.
  • Yes, that is where the name comes from. Austin still has a few moontowers in operation, the one from the movie is still standing in Zilker Park.
  • i saw duncan last night and it was hilarious! i never knew he was such a great comedian! Brody Stevens held it down too! Positive Energy!!
  • Who is going Saturday night?!
  • Some friends and I are going Saturday night. Can't wait. I need to see what the details are. Not from Austin, so need to get the logistics.
  • The Parish is near the NW corner of 6th St and San Jacinto. Parking is going to be a bitch with all the events going on this weekend. Try parking under the expressway at 6th St or pay to park in a lot.

I'm seeing the show tonight, I'll keep it a secret for you guys.
  • Thanks man on the tips and courtesy to withold DT Spoilers.
  • i will be going tonight. if i make good money anytime the next two days i may be going then as well.

hope to be at the parish by 9pm or so if they let us in.

ill be the fat guy wearing a shirt that says "i just got high"
  • last night was awesome. Brodie stephens and brendan walsh were performing as well and duncan was the host / main act. Very fun times. I think lil hobo might have zapped my brain...

duncan is hosting the next two nights, which are filled with some badass comedians. so if i make some money i might go again.
  • Last night was an amazing experience. Besides one super shitty opener, the show was solid. Brody Stevens, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Johnny Pemberton, Brent Weinbach, Brendon Walsh and Duncan Trussell all on one bill. Lil Hobo ended the show and Duncan received a standing ovation from the crowd. Duncan had me laughing so hard I was crying.

I even got to meet Duncan and chat with him a bit before the show. You guys are going to love the show, I'm sure it gets a little better each time.
  • The lineups are really good on these shows. I'm definitely excited for Brendan Walsh and Chelsea Peretti on Saturday and it'd be great to say "hey" to Duncan.

I just bought a chaos poster. Can't wait for its arrival.

• Just be aware that the lineup can change. Some of the acts last night were not on the bill and some of the ones who were on the bill did not perform.

Too bad you don't have the Lil Hobo poster, you could get him to sign it. btw, the poster will make way more sense after you see the show. No spoilers ;) Enjoy!
  • Yeah I think I read something along those lines on the website. Does anyone know if Lil' Hobo personally curses the posters before they are mailed out or will the chaos vortex connect automatically?
  • tweet from Duncan: Super amazing line up at the Parish in Austin tonight 10pm with me and @brendonwalsh @marcmaron @moshekasher and a bshop quartet. #moontower
  • duncanduncan
    El-ahrairah

Yeah I think I read something along those lines on the website. Does anyone know if Lil' Hobo personally curses the posters before they are mailed out or will the chaos vortex connect automatically?

First of all it's a blessing not a curse.

And not to get too technical, but the chaos vortex has already connected and is in seed form and is germinating in the soil of non-beingness. Once the posters are distributed throughout North America the combined attention of all their owners will cause the vortex seed to grow into our part of the multiverse as a fully manifested chaos vortex.

Post edited by duncan at 2012-04-27 15:41:19
  • im looking forward to seeing marc maron on tonights show

edit: and ari will be there too!
    Post edited by Quimby at 2012-04-27 17:10:51
  • Thank you for the corrections Duncan. My experience with Lil Hobo only extends as far as the podcasts. I do like the details and they are necessary in the future when writing the holy texts .

If I am understanding correctly, the chaos vortex seed is like a compacted spiderweb that expands a little bit with each poster delivery. With the final poster, the "web" is fully expanded and as you said "the combined attention of all their owners will cause the vortex seed to grow into our part of the multiverse as a fully manifested chaos vortex."
  • well fuck me i got paid by 5 customers today so im going back again.
  • oh and the lil hobo was award worthy. fuckin genius sketch.
  • accidentally bought a ticket for saturday and ended up paying cash at the door last night.

ari shaffir was indeed rockin it. hell everyone kicked some ass and the room was full. hope tonight goes as well.
  • holy shit. lil hobo. thats all i can say
  • @virusb23 Are you going back tonight?
    If you don't like Hank Williams, honey, you can kiss my ass.
  • If anyone as an extra ticket for tonight, let me know. Thanks.
  • I'll be there tonight.
  • have fun, texas.
  • duncanduncan
    El-ahrairah
    dashamas said:

If anyone as an extra ticket for tonight, let me know. Thanks.

Is it sold out?
  • We went by there about twenty minutes ago for my friend to get his ticket and it sounded like they weren't sold out, but they weren't selling till doors opened at 9.
  • Duncan, stop by the Bat Bar right next to The Parish before nine if a pre-show beer pleases you. It'd be my honor man.
  • Nvm the group bailed. But there's a guy there playing some awesome covers
  • Fucking incredible show. Got my picture taken with the Führer and submitted to the will of Lil Hobo.
  • The show was insanity. Everyone rocked, one after the other. Lil Hobo blew my mind. Duncan's set was just a concentrated mind altering joygasm. Just wow. Great job Duncan.
  • that's awesome! hope everyone continues having a great weekend!
  • Wooops! I enjoyed the last show on Saturday. I got to shake Duncan and Steven's hand and that was all i cared about. wow Im drunk I hope everything is great in yuour world
  • I have the hiccups
  • i bought a ticket but did not go the last night. friends were in town for psychfest and could not be persuaded.

we had wonderful beer and good coversation though. i walked passed jeff ross who was smiling real big and dressed very non-flashy, just standing there smiling at the insanity of sixth street midnight on a saturday. i yelled "fuck yeah" and then my friend tammie went to shake his hand and tell him austin loved him.

so in the end i did make it to two shows - thursday and friday. both were amazing but friday - with twice as many people - was more on par for the course energy wise. brodie stephens and another funny ass comic came and sat next to us to check out the rest of the show on thursday which was cool. i like hearing comics react to their friends bits. thats when you KNOW its good. when jaded comedians start clapping wildly.

thank you duncan for pulling me out of the house repeatedly. best week of the year so far and its not even over.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!