I looked up today and...
  • Discovering new perspectives has been a powerful catalyst in my "spiritual awakening." One novel and easy way I've found to discover new perspectives is to look up. So often I forget to look up throughout my day that I don't even realize there's a whole other world existing with me and so rarely do I take the time to exist with it.

I thought this might be a fun way to try something new and connect with each other-- share with the community, the cool/sad/fun/stupid/crazy (insert an adjective that you identify with) things that you see when we take our selves out of auto pilot and look up!

So please share (or don't share) what you see when you look up...

"Visualize your body as a sacred space and the vehicle through which you manifest divine love in the world, beginning with yourself."
  • I love looking up when I'm standing outside smoking a little cannabis. I can usually see a few planes flying to/from LAX, and as the THC enters my system I always have a feeling of wonder. Although we aren't flying to other planets, we are definitely living in the 'future'.
  • zachs said:

I love looking up when I'm standing outside smoking a little cannabis. I can usually see a few planes flying to/from LAX, and as the THC enters my system I always have a feeling of wonder. Although we aren't flying to other planets, we are definitely living in the 'future'.

You look up at the sky and get a sense of wonder from looking at planes?
  • i love looking up at night out my window when im finishing of a pipe the cold crisp air the near dark clear sky the glowing stars of distant galaxies some light years away, i look up and wonder whats out there , another parallel universe perhaps where ther's myself leaning out the window thinking the exact same thing...... of what could of been.
    (Q) Have I gone mad?

(A) I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. - Alice in Wonderland
  • @herbalist- that's absolutely beautiful, thank you for sharing! You know I have recently discovered the power of admiring the night sky. I hasn't been until now that I realized that the sky is in 3D...by that i mean the moon is closest to me and if I go back several light years there is a star and then if I go even further back there is another..and so on...seeing the night sky for the first time from this perspective was mind blowing for me! Now I have the vision of another me looking up and wondering "what else is out there?"-- thank you!
  • nice poetics herbalist. I look try to look up when I can. Recently ive been catching the last thirty minutes of the sunset almost everyday and it is a great daily practice. I just stand there (high on weed) and try to really internalize the fact that I am standing on this giant sphere revolving around another giant nuclear sphere and rotating simultaneously. Then I try to imagine the rays of light entering me as being intelligent rays of positive consciousness. It is difficult to comprehend that the rays of light coming at you are responsible for every inkling of life on earth. From this perspective the sun is THE source of life. We are made of stars and are powered by stars. wow
  • The sky - or looking/gazing up at/into it, rather - is one of my very favourite things. No matter what time of day I look up at it, it ALWAYS looks completely different, and it always appears mindblowingly beautiful and amazing...
    Also, I used to find that if I looked up into the sky during times of frustration and internal troubles, it would quickly help diminish them GREATLY, making all of my problems seem quite petty, and bringing me to the realization (or rather reminding me of the realization, which I already had deep within myself) that I myself and the life around me which I operate in - including the aforementioned "problems" that I happened to be struggling with, at any given moment - was/IS very, VERY small and minute in relation to not only the giant and splendorous sky, but the entire MULTIverse(s) that surround me.
    ( my favourite way to look at the sky - and the most effective way to bring myself to these realizations - is to tilt my head way back - or lay down - and move away from/block out with my hands anything that obstructs the area of sky in my line of vision, so as to end up with absolutely NOTHING in ones' view other than the sky... It's really very lovely! )
    Post edited by AubreeElizabeth at 2012-03-28 05:09:09
  • I'll never forget my first LSD trip when I looked at the midnight sky and watched in astonishment at the dancing kaleidoscope that was dancing what felt like just for me.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!