The Duncan Trussell Family Hour
| JOE ROGAN
  • Love the symmetry between Joe & Duncan, and think the alpha male concept is welcome on metaphysical conversations like this or else they could easily fall into the touhcy feely scented candles and Chamomile tea Oprah world. Can’t wait for the 200 Rogan episode, wear a tux.
  • BenBen
    Hrair
    What a week of insightful,uplifting and entertaining ep's
    Thank you Duncan
  • I think of Joe, Duncan, all of these guys as my friends. Of course people have flaws, not everything they're going to say is going to make absolute sense, but that's okay. We're all kinda just figuring out this life thing as we go. That's what makes podcasts so great, they're not scripted; you're actually getting to know these other human beings for who they are.
    I listen to every podcast with a critical ear, or an inner dialogue, because you should always form your own opinions on things. However, criticism or disagreement doesn't always have to be negative.
    That being said, I fucking love listening to Duncan and Joe together. They make me laugh and they make me think and that's awesome.
    Post edited by CurlyHips at 2012-03-23 19:09:09
  • Was that a little bit of "I Just Called to Say I Love You" by Stevie Wonder playing when Duncan and Joe were teleported (interruption) during the podcast?
    We elongate our Maaans 'round these parts.
  • Great show, Duncan. I really enjoyed it. This is really the only form of media/entertainment where I don't feel like I'm being bullshitted and treated like an ignorant credulous fuck. You talk to your fans and listeners like they are human beings who deserve a certain level of respect. Your advice helps people to introspect and start to question and analyze their own behavior. I'm so glad there are people out there like you, the world needs more of you. Thank you.

By the way, I really enjoy your metaphor of vampires, its given me a new way of thinking about how I want to organize my life and the people I want to associate with.
  • Fantastic show duncan and joe, thanks guys.
    you guys should watch some of the great courses lectures on astronomy and cosmology. watch them a few times and you'll get a really good understanding of those subjects and it will empower your understandings and influence your viewpoints on topics involving the universe.
    Knowing, on a fairly deep level, how a star creates stardust and how that stardust turns into things like us is pretty goddamn fantastic, and it's easy and interesting to achieve through the great courses lectures.
    http://www.thegreatcourses.com/tgc/courses/courses.aspx?s=820&ps=910
  • Surveyor said:

duncan said:

So stop it or go away.

Apologies.

Consider me gone away.

Wow, someone said play nice with the other kids and your reaction is to stamp your foot and run away?

How about the option of being more introspective and less critical?

If that's the worst this board's had to deal with so far (that and a hacker) then we're doing AWESOME. I haven't seen a straight up troll on this forum so far and that's incredible.

Btw, everything about this episode was great and I can't wait for the 200th Rogan podcast and the Ram Dass podcast. Without this podcast, the Lavender Hour, and Rogan's, I'd probably be in a shittier mental state right now, and I mean that. So thanks everyone!
  • Joe Rogan brought up the idea of the SUPER BOYCOTT on the podcast.

I am very interested. This is really really really good idea.

No one has used boycotts on the internet effecitvely to date. It's brilliant.

I think many major websites would be on board if somehow enough of us figured out where and how exactly to hit the mark.

You look at Gandhi and the civil rights movement and that's a mixture of both boycotting and peaceful protest. What is the goal? Hit 'em where they care the most --- their pocketbooks. I wanna flesh out this idea if anyone else is interested.

Should I start a topic on it?

(p.s. Joe Rogan is super awesome and I love him and fuck thee haterrrrsss...)
    Post edited by Doctor_Bob at 2012-03-23 20:47:56
    Love is what occurs when the universe recognizes itself for what it is.
    owlsa support waned RIP orgone
  • Ya'll guys cast great big ol' shadows! Not a horrible thing but makes me work harder at being myself and not just someone who's programmed with the great information ya'll're presenting to the rest of the living. Crazy amount of parallel thinking! Almost makes me angry when I hear ya'll start talking about things I'm thinking about! HA! Like, get out of my head, movuckaz!!! j/k, fools! Keep 'em comin' and can't wait for ya'll come back to Austin! You gotta kick it with some BURNERS!!! This dude I met, his name is Kangaroo and he's a smart mother fucker, too! Young, too! Fucking groovy shit, ya'll! Anyhow, kisses!!!!
    Austinaut/Neomaniac/Xenophiliac
  • This is the best thing that my ears have ever tasted.
    The Duncan/Rogan combination is music to my soul.
  • @Doctor_Bob

def start a topic.
    WHO DO WE KILL??!?
    Post edited by witlesswonder at 2012-03-23 21:24:39
  • What an amazing podcast. Thank you, Duncan.
  • I love the side of Joe that comes out when he and Duncan are hanging out. I love his other aspects as well, but when this particular face of the chimaera spins into place I am reminded why I hitched my wagon to the JRE podcast in the first place.
    brave or just ready to die
  • @Stafie
    Well said, sir.
  • I think Joe said it perfectly on the last Icehouse Chronicles, in regards to Twitter followers criticizing him over how he talks to Brody Stevens at times. In sum, he reminded the listeners that these people are his friends. They hang out together because they want to. They've known each other a long time and just because we get to sit in on their conversations does not mean they have to adhere to some invisible code of conversation. Joe has a strong personality. His friends love him.

It made me think of the way my friends and I talk to one another (from critical advice to playful jabbing or mocking) and realized he is right. If someone eavesdropped on me and my friends they would probably think we are disrespectful and hate one another but we're just sarcastic fools.

These guys are adults. I'm sure when they get disgruntled with one another they bring it up when they're not trying to entertain thousands upon thousands of fans listening in.

My two cents. Keep the change. :)
    brave or just ready to die
  • KHAN said:

This episode is simply one of the best ever.

I am watching it right now and thinking the same thing!!!
    Traveling through the Multiverse
  • Fucking brilliant podcast. Cheers guys.
  • i fell asleep 30 min into this podcast so i'm about to listen to it all, but....

About jan irvin, the guy Rogan said was lecturing and things... this is not a hit on rogan but.

In that podcast, Jan Irvin was lecturing, because he's socially awkward like me and he just was excited to have an avenue of disseminating his information. but all i'm saying is he is a guy who truly looks at what is true and knows how to

EVERYONE should take a class in logic or you can study it online pretty easily i assume.. if you know the ins and outs of logic you can instantly recognize any deceit, ignorance, exaggeration, etc. It's like it frees your mind so you can see things how they are. But it also works in social situations, so it can further the awkwardness of an awkward person because, for me, i was bewildered in a way when i realized certain people i knew had no idea what they were talking about, or used sly tricks to belittle people or to convince people of something when they (maybe subconsciously) knew they were wrong.

Everyone thinks they are good at seeing through bullshit, but when you study logic you truly know the fabric of bullshit and you can see it everywhere, and that's what i think jan was trying to say. Seriously, everyone reading this is probably smart and not so brainwashed, so please study logic if you haven't if you want to actually be sure that what you believe in is not based on bullshit or some lesser form of bullshit
  • These guys always have good podcasts. The volume goes in and out on this one. I think at the end the sound quality changed too.
  • i love joe rogan, but i think he's way more important because of the people he's opened me up to ( like duncan trussell, ari shafir, jan irvin, and many other i cant remember the names of atm). because i feel like even though rogan is very smart and likes to talk about awesome things, he's still dismissive or ignorant to certain things i wish a person of his intelligence would see.

I don't want to go into specifics, but if you read this just look for it and see if you agree, after all maybe i'm the one whos wrong. i think his alpha-male personality detracts him from thinking about certain things, or being able to seriously question his own views in order to find out if some other views are better. it's like he questioned the world in order to get where he is now, but he is (subconsciously) scared to question himself with the same objectivity in order to get to that next level of understanding things.

of course i'm probably looking too much into things and also expecting too much of people
  • Imagine Duncan had bill oriely on ..
    Heavenly Devine
  • Imagine Duncan had bill oriely on ..

I think it'd be best not to invite that vampire into our family. Although I would like to hear the exact moment when he becomes aware of all the psychic damage he's done to human consciousness and his ego implodes upon itself like a black hole when he gets blasted by pure rays of truth.
    Post edited by the_rizzle at 2012-03-24 05:56:31
  • This was absolutely one of the best podcast episodes in the history of the internet.
    I have listened to hundreds of podcast episodes (of many different podcasts) and this is right up there as one of the very best i've ever listened to.
  • KwaiChangCaineKwaiChangCaine
    I'm a Troll. Don't Feed Me.
    Thank you dude. Just wow!
    Namo Amituofo
  • Damn inspirational!
    Get out of line Lemming.
  • KwaiChangCaineKwaiChangCaine
    I'm a Troll. Don't Feed Me.
    the3rdeye said:

......because i feel like even though rogan is very smart and likes to talk about awesome things, he's still dismissive or ignorant to certain things i wish a person of his intelligence would see.

I don't want to go into specifics, but if you read this just look for it and see if you agree, after all maybe i'm the one whos wrong. i think his alpha-male personality detracts him from thinking about certain things, or being able to seriously question his own views in order to find out if some other views are better. it's like he questioned the world in order to get where he is now, but he is (subconsciously) scared to question himself with the same objectivity in order to get to that next level of understanding things.

of course i'm probably looking too much into things and also expecting too much of people

You read my mind. Joe is a good person but seems to have an internal battle going between The Boston Bro and The Astral Traveller. He is also often plain wrong on facts. One of his main probs is his lack of world travel. Too scared to take his kids to Thailand - rilly?!?! For a clever guy he sure plays the Ignorant American well.
    Pluz his Forum is full of horrid cnuts.
    Still have love for him though.
    Namo Amituofo
  • the3rdeye said:

......because i feel like even though rogan is very smart and likes to talk about awesome things, he's still dismissive or ignorant to certain things i wish a person of his intelligence would see.

You read my mind. Joe is a good person but seems to have an internal battle going between The Boston Bro and The Astral Traveller.

all day
  • In the U.K those two iconic U.S. comedies Seinfeld and The Larry Sanders Show ran as "twins" (which they were of course anyway) late night on the BBC ... my nerdlike knowledge of both got piqued here by Joe and Duncan talking about the desperation of the "pilot" season... George drops the line that he's writing a "sitcom" and a woman in a bar is like.." i can't believe that guy tried to hit on me with he's writing a SITCOM!" ...and the casting couch/network approval thing got my Larry Sanders Show recall tab going when Larry is trying to get some cred out of getting a young comic an "in" with "the network" and Chris Elliott pitches an idea about being a Jockey which Larry gets his guy to rewrite ...and then the Wallace Langham character is invited to write something for Dave Chappelle ...
    Curb' and The Daily Show i think of as the current twin culture-barrier dissolving shows...specifically between the USA and the UK. They have carried on and extended that "breaking of the third wall" sort of thing with the comedy/satire culture ...
    It's called the World Wide Web but we've got to admit,due to the main barrier of language (NOT understanding any other than English) it's surely a Britain/ USA eccentric web for those of us on this forum...my route here was via Natasha (Graham Linehan writer of "Father Ted" and the " I.T Crowd" tweeted the link to "Coke Money")...leading to Duncan..then Joe...
    I think Bill Hicks (who's name crops up) had his biggest TV special on Channel 4 in the U.K right?
    and the "Secret Policeman's Ball" was in New York this year. Sarah Silverman!!... oh and on "JFK" Oliver Stone enshrined the "magic bullet" theory (which leads to the more than one shooter conclusion?)..which is explainable entirely through the fact that the bomb-proof Lincoln had seats set at DIFFERENT heights!...anyway...as for the Mel Gibson movie..yes that was like resurrecting the viceral "it just happenedness" of the crucifixion..like it was 9/11 or something..a terrible film..whether you "believe" or not.
    I dunno here's George Carlin on crucifixion to "balance the budget"

I feel like a patronising git,posting a George Carlin link but...there was a cable show that somebody linked to ,which i cannot find,of Bill Hicks on a "public access rock cable show,fielding 'phone calls
    On the "remote jetliner" to trigger an attack in the '60s. That idea just got used by the brilliant Mark Gatiss in the last series of "Sherlock" . The liner was,crucially, populated by the JUST deceased (rta's,suicides etc) they would blow it up thus faking a "successful" "terrorist" attack and justifying massive *defence spending* civil liberties breaching etc...
    On the Military Industrial Complex That whole reality is spelled out in a top Hollywood film 2005 "Goodnight and Good Luck" that was a big movie wasn't it? and Kieth Olbermann, he's just like Murrow right? Jon Stewart in fact has a less partisan ,accurate take on the News than most US mainstream. That interview (the book plug...the regular "chat show" part) resembles as a good a political interview as David Frost on Al Jazeera or on the BBC World Service..the BBC is pretty neutral and objective,but looks uninformed on the details compared to Democracy Now! and so on....ooh the Chillum get's a namecheck..
    Peace brothers
    P.S. Joe...Larry David would not agree with your tipping policy...
    Post edited by chrismorrell at 2012-03-24 18:33:21
  • i had this idea where the new consciousness talked about in the new age already happened and its called the internet. if you think about it, its a new level of mental connectedness (novelty) unrevialed by anything before it.

but what if we were able to synch ourselves to the internet and to eachother down to our celluar level. where every cell in our body and our mind is connected via the internet to every other cell on the earth. if you think about it weve been making small steps towards this for a long time.... maybe this is new conciousness talked about

at first the elite are going to create this as a means of controll but the power unleashed by this level of connectedness will be beyond their control and anticpiation.

i wish i had more time and brain power to explain this idea to its fullest extent but whatev.

also, that openeing monolouge was awesome. shibby.
  • @TomButler what a great film! haven't seen it in at least 5 years.

*goes off to hunt down a link*
    "I got stuck in a cravarse on the moun-tain."
  • I love you guys, JFK reenactment will be (if I were a douche) epic. Actually all your shit is funny, when I laugh so hard that I cry and even pee just a bit, and once even sharted unknowingly, you know that this is funny. Keep it up please.
  • Duncan Trussell AND Joe Rogan?! Now, THAT'S what I'm talkin' about. Listening to your podcasts is bittersweet; I get to enjoy the aural goodness that is The Duncan Trussell Family Hour, but then it is over before I know it and that makes me sad.
  • Duncan, that's definitely your eye in your logo right? lol JOE SPEAK UP INTO THE MICROPHONE LOLOLOL AHAHAAAAH!!
  • that Sun talk was hilarity. it's literally a giant ball of fucking fire.
  • I feel more enlightened with every new podcast Duncan puts out into the multiverse. Thank you!
  • symphonic knowledge
  • lol u can crush up meth & snort it it stings like fuck but it's like a good hurt or w/e. ppl also shoot meth, that's pretty fucked up in my opinion. so is smoking it. snorting a lil meth isn't that bad tho. it's like snorting a little heroin, really not that big a deal as long as u don't do it often.
  • This podcast was fucking amazing!

• Forrest said:

snorting a lil meth isn't that bad tho. it's like snorting a little heroin, really not that big a deal as long as u don't do it often.

Where to start....
    "I got stuck in a cravarse on the moun-tain."
  • I have always thought of a strange attractor as a system that is center seeking. In my layman's mind, I think of the solar system as having a strange attractor..The Sun...And If we think of FRACTALS we can say that a Galaxy has a strange attractor; the supposed black hole in the center...Next we can assume that the universe has a similar structure..Probably looks like something outta the Julia Set if you were to be outside of it

That said, I have a vision that ALL planets will head towards the sun. Maybe all star systems in the Milky way might possibly be drawn in by the black hole. The edges of the universe may SHRINK and come hurtling back to the CENTER of said universe and THEN all matter in the universe may, under the pressures of gravity, squish all the way down to a head of a pin and just like the "rebound force" in physics the "head of the pin universe" acts like a ball being thrown at a wall....It bounces back...So it is an "oscillation" with a strange attractor. Just a vision, no real knowledge here^^
  • PRiCEY said:

This podcast was fucking amazing!

The ART is Fucking amazing!! Looks like a Drew Struzan (movie poster artist) or a Bill sienkiewicz. The vampire face has some Frazetta goin' on too!!

• HEY EVERYBODY!!! am new to the form greeting's from scotland
    Post edited by shogunskilling at 2012-03-25 07:27:59
  • I love you guys, JFK reenactment will be (if I were a douche) epic. Actually all your shit is funny, when I laugh so hard that I cry and even pee just a bit, and once even sharted unknowingly, you know that this is funny. Keep it up please.

You do realize that you just called Duncan a douche, right?
    If you don't like Hank Williams, honey, you can kiss my ass.
  • "To all of you listening from a hot air balloon..."

Anyone out there soaring through the sky listening to @duncan? How high are you on a scale of 1 - eating a 3-month old bag of Saltines?
    Sent from my rotary phone.
  • I just want to amplify and accelerate these positive vibes. I just love duncan and joe. They we need them to have a television show on the Discovery channel or national geo or adult swim or d.) All of the above
    Post edited by optimisto at 2012-03-25 14:05:43
    When in doubt zoom out
  • You guys took bigger leaps in conversation in this podcast, but you did so only to cover more ground. This podcast is the perfect primer for podcasts in general.

It's a treat to get to hear two very intelligent friends discuss anything, especially these two. Thanks!
  • Joe is a good person but seems to have an internal battle going between The Boston Bro and The Astral Traveller.

I wonder if Joe ever thinks about gender roles when he's really high/tripping. I just can't imagine that sort of domineering point of view making it through the deep drug induced introspection if he focused on it. I could be wrong, maybe I'm just a sensitive bitch, still love his stuff though.
  • Testosterone is a hell of a drug.

• I think Redban should be Oswald, Joe as JFK and Eddie Bravo as Jackie O, Joey Diaz as Jack, fuckin' Ruby.
  • PRiCEY said:

This podcast was fucking amazing!

Awesome art! I think I have some free time tomorrow, you've inspired me to draw some Duncan the Vampire Slayer imagery!
    The resistance to the technocratic military industrial complex begins Off-Grid
    http://mindcomics.com/OffGrid.html

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!