In search of some real honest criticism.
  • I posted in a couple of threads already tipping people off that I host a podcast, but finally admitted to myself that the only reason I was posting is because I'm desperate for some constructive criticism of the show. So I'm just going to ask for it out right instead of beating around the bush. I've been doing it for a little over a year and greatly enjoy it but I want it to be much better. And for that I need to know what people don't like about it so I can fix it. This sounds narcissistic as fuck but currently the fans we have, (both of them), only seem to heap praise when I ask for criticism and I can't bring myself to believe there isn't anything to fix. So please, please give a listen and let me know how you guys think the show could be improved.

Red List Radio
    "The body of a new born baby is as old as the Cosmos. The form is new and unique but the materials are 13.7 billion years old"
  • YOU
    Hrair
    Post edited by YOU at 2014-07-17 12:06:29
  • I used to listen after Duncan was on, and you fellas were on one of the icehouse chronicles.

Honestly, there's a lot of competition out there. I had to cut out a few because I simply don't have time to listen.
  • That's pretty lame that it's down right now.
    Dreamhost is having problems apparently.

My reason for wanting to improv it is so that more people enjoy it. I'm not sure if our lack of listeners is due to a lack of "advertising" per say or because it sucks to listen to.

It's taken me a while to really identify what I want the show to feel like and alot of that has to do with what I like about podcasts. I like to feel like I'm sitting in on a conversation but for whatever reason no one can hear me talk. I want our show to feel like the listener is meeting up with a couple of friends they have who really follow politics and news and the listener is just sitting in on a conversation about it. And occasionally those two guys get a hold of some cool people to talk with as well. I think we are close to this but I'm notoriously bad at looking at myself or my creations through someone else's eyes so I want to know what other people think.
    "The body of a new born baby is as old as the Cosmos. The form is new and unique but the materials are 13.7 billion years old"
  • YOU
    Hrair
    Post edited by YOU at 2014-07-17 12:06:37
  • site is back up
  • YOU
    Hrair
    Post edited by YOU at 2014-07-17 12:06:42
  • YOU
    Hrair
    Post edited by YOU at 2014-07-17 12:07:21
  • YOU
    Hrair
    Post edited by YOU at 2014-07-17 12:07:05
  • It's gonna take me a while to absorb all that ;)

thank you. I"ll give a better reply when I have the time to read through this and anser some of those questions.
  • @YOU wow very well said! I love it when someone articulates ideas that I have also thought about so well. Your post reminded me of a quote by Jim Jarmusch

“Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don’t bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: “It’s not where you take things from - it’s where you take them to.”

I like to break out that quote whenever anyone starts ranting about sampling in music or what not, but that's another discussion altogether.

You also pin pointed the reason I despise advertising so much. I would like to hear your thoughts on where you think advertising is headed in the future.
  • YOU
    Hrair
    Post edited by YOU at 2014-07-17 12:08:16
  • @YOU hah fair enough. Look forward to it.
  • KwaiChangCaineKwaiChangCaine
    I'm a Troll. Don't Feed Me.
    @you. Who said ad folks were all douches. The fact that you took the time to articulate all that speaks volumes. Out of interest, what was your route to your current job? I would also be interested in becoming a client in the future, cost permitting etc etc. PM me a link to your business if you wish.
    Namaste
    Namo Amituofo
  • YOU
    Hrair
    Post edited by YOU at 2014-07-17 12:09:08

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!