Concerts
  • I finally get to see Radiohead in a couple of days, and i'm very excited. I just saw Cursive last week. M83 is in May, Destroyer is in June. Last year i got to see Arcade Fire and the National, the year before I saw Sufjan Stevens. Its been a great last couple of years for concerts. What are some notable concerts you've attended?
    Fencesitter, eternal spoil sport.
  • I just saw Jeff Mangum from Neutral Milk Hotel 4 times in the past 6 months or so. I have been a fan for a long time, so when he came out of hiding to play shows I scooped up as many tickets as I could.

Also, Black Keys at Madison Square Garden on Monday.
  • The Black Keys would be awesome live.

They are, I saw them a couple of years ago, HUGE energy for 2 dudes.

My favorite 2 bands are Phish and Radiohead- and they are co-headlining Bonnaroo this year. Damn am I excited! They have nothing whatsoever in common musically, yet the universe saw its way clear to hook it up for me. Thankya universe!
    www.williamhrdina.com -- Simple Journeys to Odd Destinations
    "All phenomena are real in some sense, unreal in some sense, meaningless in some sense, real and meaningless in some sense, unreal and meaningless in some sense, and real and unreal and meaningless in some sense." Robert Anton Wilson
  • I'm really looking forward to the Black keys. I kind of wish I saw them a few years ago though. Now they play with a full band. I would have liked to have seen them back in the day with just the two of them. Maybe they will do another tour like that in the future.
  • I went to UFC 129 in Toronto, biggest ufc event in history. I also went to a Metallica concert in 09 and I saw mac miller in august 2011 (lol)
  • I've been incredibly lucky. During only about five years attending live concerts, I've managed to see:

Tool (twice), Muse, Bob Dylan, The Mars Volta, RATM, The Raconteurs, Metallica, Pendulum (twice), Faith No More, Serj Tankian (twice), and Rammstein.

All were fantastic rides in their own way, but special mention has to be made of the first Tool set, The Mars Volta, and Faith No More. All mind shattering experiences.

PLUS I'm also seeing Radiohead this year, in November!
    How do you capture a beautiful bird without killing its spirit?

My favorite 2 bands are Phish and Radiohead- and they are co-headlining Bonnaroo this year. Damn am I excited! They have nothing whatsoever in common musically, yet the universe saw its way clear to hook it up for me. Thankya universe!

Wow i don't know if i've ever heard of someones two favorite bands being Phish and Radiohead. What a weird combo. Its awesome that you get to see them on the same bill. You ever listen to the Analyze Phish podcast?

• I got to stand for 5 hours straight at a metal concert a couple months ago which was pretty cool
  • i have not attended a concert in years... the last good one was the cure & interpol
  • i have not attended a concert in years... the last good one was the cure & interpol

Oh fuck! i'd give my left nut to see that. The Cure is one of my favorites, and Interpol is right up there.

• You ever listen to the Analyze Phish podcast?

No, but I will now! I'm hooking it up on the iTunes as I type. Thanks!! Interesting premise- most of my friends tend towards punk rock so I'm very familiar with this sort of discussion. (I'm at 78 Phish shows and counting) This will only be my third time seeing Radiohead though. For years I hated Radiohead- but one day about three years ago- it just clicked and music I didn't like- suddenly blossomed to my ears. I like everything though- I'm seeing Yo-Yo Ma in April. Saw 4 nights of Yonder in Boulder over New Years. Music is where I go to get what I think most people get from church.

"All phenomena are real in some sense, unreal in some sense, meaningless in some sense, real and meaningless in some sense, unreal and meaningless in some sense, and real and unreal and meaningless in some sense." Robert Anton Wilson
  • Digging Radiohead and Phish isn't so odd... I do it, too. =,)
  • Digging Radiohead and Phish isn't so odd... I do it, too. =,)

Going to Bonnaroo?
  • Nah, it doesn't seem to be in the cards. I haven't been to a multi-day show in years... I think the last one might have been a NYE Phish show in Big Cypress about 10 years ago.

I'd kinda like to go, though... could always change my mind!

I bought tickets today, though, to see Radiohead in DC on June 3rd.
  • Black Keys, White Stripes, Atmosphere, The Darkness
  • Post edited by berryt214 at 2012-03-10 11:15:43
  • Seeing The Black Keys/Arctic Monkeys on May 9th, and then Roger Waters perform The Wall for my second time on May 26, will be nice to watch it this time without losing my mind on LSD.
  • Saw Wilco and Radiohead at The Troubador in '95 or '96. Radiohead had just written "Electioneering" and played it 2 or 3 times because they were so chuffed by it. Wilco was mesmerizing that night.
  • Going to the Kasabian show here in Montreal later this month followed by Miike Snow in May and Radiohead in... June, if I'm not mistaken.

Might throw some random shows in here and there. I'd love to see Bloody Beetroots again.
  • Five best gigs/favourkte sets.

5. Wilco; The Tivoli, Brisbane. March, 2008.

4. My Morning Jacket; Big Day Out, Gold Coast. Jan, 2009.

3. Cold War Kids; Splendour In The Grass, Byron Bay, July, 2008.

2. Bloc Party; Riverstage, Brisbane. November, 2008.

1. LCD Soundsystem; Splendour in the Grass, Woodford. July, 2010.

Honourable Mentions: Kings of Leon, 2007. The Strokes, 2010. The Prodigy, 2009. Living End, 2008. LCD Soundsystem, 2008. Battles, 2008.
  • seeing radiohead later today(sunday) in kc! also got tickets to tom petty, joe bonamossa back to back nights in april in wichita, ks. and clutch begining of may
  • I'm seeing Radiohead in November. I can't fucking wait.
    Post edited by yetiite at 2012-03-11 01:39:16
  • A buddy of mine once said, "have you ever noticed that everyone LIKES Tom Petty, but nobody LOVES Tom Petty?"
    I am sure there are exceptions, but ive found his statement to be roughly true. Why is that?
    @dumbdumbnumber1 -- he puts on a good show
    Post edited by wherethefnordslinger at 2012-03-11 08:40:35
  • andrew bird is small but mesmerizing live.
  • @dentalplan, did you manage to get tickets for radiohead? I was in the internet waiting room for a while i went on at 11:59 and all the good seats were sold out in 25 minutes and i still was in the waiting room im so upset ive been waiting for them to come but just means ill have to hustle in front on the day of the concert lol

@kamehameha,I am extremely jealous of you that must have been one of the most amazing shows of your life.

I just missed the opportunity to see tool in toronto in january and i have so much regret over it. The greatest shows ive seen have been the black keys,gorillaz,massive attack,paul mccartney and joe rogan in montreal and looking forward to him in new york as well haha. Also plan on red hot chilli peppers in may, probably the black keys again on tuesday and whatever else may come may way
  • kyleigh8 said:

@dentalplan, did you manage to get tickets for radiohead? I was in the internet waiting room for a while i went on at 11:59 and all the good seats were sold out in 25 minutes and i still was in the waiting room im so upset ive been waiting for them to come but just means ill have to hustle in front on the day of the concert lol

Yeah we got floor seats. My buddy gets to buy tickets days before even Evenko does their presale, I don't know how.

• Just saw Radiohead in KC.
    That shit was fucking amazazing. Best concert i've ever attended by a long shot. The band that opened for them, Other Lives, was really great too.
  • Just saw the 2 shows opening Phish's summer tour in MA.. Check out a show if you can.. and if you've never seen Phish before go in with an open mind and let the music fly you like a humming bird to the nectar of your soul.. and don't forget to look for that LSD-25 that is going strong around the parking lot before.. It is mighty good!
  • Do we have a dedicated live show/concert thread? This is "made-for-TV" live, but still tight!

The KinKs "In Koncert" (Live Video 1973)

Published on Mar 24, 2013
    Join Ray, Dave & The Boys for 30 minutes live, in concert back in 1973.... ENJOY God Save The KinKs & Long Live The Village Green. (Full Show)

#OLDPOSTEXCAVATIONTRAIN
  • radiohead would be cool to see live.
    SkyNet has become self aware.
  • gman8585 said:

radiohead would be cool to see live.

They are. Very much so.

• @jdirt2019 Nice share. Love the kinks. Are you a fan of the Village Green Preservation Society?
    Post edited by DrunkenAdama at 2013-09-01 09:50:32
  • gman8585 said:

radiohead would be cool to see live.

They are. Very much so.

I was at this show, naturally kindof drunk, it was a long day of drinking. Everyone knew Radiohead were coming on later but we went and watched all the other bands instead of staking out our seats and waiting for the show.

When it came time for Radiohead, we kindof barged our way down to the front and these little punk bitches were all crying "we waited all day...boo-hoo, you big meanies" but we weren't trying to hear it and just enjoyed the opening.

After I forget how many songs, I eventually got tired of all the whiny bitches and left to go watch a movie i'll try and post later (Christmas on Mars).

I had seen Radiohead at least three or four times and I felt it was kindof a kids show.

▶ Radiohead Live at Lollapalooza 2008 - YouTube

Published on Jul 3, 2012

Radiohead headlines Lollapalooza in Grant Park in Chicago on Friday, August 1, 2008. I got video of the majority of the songs in the show. Click a specific song if you wish, or disable annotations from the start to enjoy the show in its entirety.
    Sorry that it's a couple songs away from being the full show.

#MORALOFTHESTORY you paid your money the same as everyone else. shape your reality however you want, and don't let some whiny little fish get in your way
    Post edited by jdirt2019 at 2013-09-01 12:39:58
  • So far this summer:

TNGHT
    Killer Mike
    Run the Jewels (el p and killer mike)
    ^pitchfork^

Chance the Rapper
    The Cure
    Ghost
    Revrend John Misty
    Steve Aoiki
    and like 20 others @ lollapalooza

Mac Miller
    Nas
    Aloe Blacc
    Afrojack
    Milk & Cookies
    Dvbbs
    Illtek
    Zebo
    The Disco Biscuts

aaand tonight WU TANG performing 36 Chambers!! @ North Coast Music Fest

Plus Atmosphere at riot fest.
  • Apparently, Radiohead make a studio-live album to go with each of their new releases.

I've found these recordings noteworthy because they always change up at least one or two tracks and mix in a b-side or non-album track, and I like to think they've noticed some tricks or particular ways of playing the songs which adds a more personal touch.

Radiohead - Scotch Mist

Uploaded on Jan 1, 2008

A film with Radiohead in it made for New Year's Eve, 2007. Features every song on their new album IN RAINBOWS, the "physical manifestation" out now in stores.

Get the new album on CD and VINYL at the link below:
    http://radiohead.shop.musictoday.com/

Category

Radiohead - From The Basement 2008 [Full Show] - YouTube

Uploaded on Jan 11, 2010

http://www.fromthebasement.tv/ visit the From The Basement website. Includes some great pictures and video from the session, and many other artists.

It was pointed out by BitingPixie in the comments to the 9 song version of this video that there was the full thing available over at PureLiveGigs. They said it had 12 songs, but there were two extra on the DVD from the same session, so they are included after the credits role.

You'll be glad to hear there is no bleep during Myxomatosis too ;).

Track Listing
    -------------
    00:21 Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
    05:41 15 Step
    09:37 Bodysnatchers
    14:00 Nude
    18:25 The Gloaming
    21:46 Myxomatosis
    25:40 House Of Cards
    31:22 Bangers And Mash
    34:56 Optimistic
    39:48 Reckoner
    44:50 Videotape
    49:34 Where I End And You Begin
    54:55 All I Need
    59:11 Go Slowly

DVD available from the Radiohub
    http://radiohub.wikidot.com/

Radiohead - The King of Limbs (Live From The Basement)

Published on Apr 1, 2013

I'm glad you liked this video... We need to share more of this kind of spectacular things.

"Bloom" -- 0:00
    "The Daily Mail" -- 7:08
    "Feral" -- 11:20
    "Little by Little" -- 14:51
    "Codex" -- 19:59
    "Separator" -- 25:40
    "Lotus Flower" -- 31:56
    "Staircase" -- 37:23
    "Morning Mr Magpie" -- 42:38
    "Give Up the Ghost" -- 48:11

(Thanks to jonastrk oceansburning who gave us this list and all of your great comments, people!)
  • Probably any child of the 70s knows where they learned it from...

Led Zeppelin - Live at the Royal Albert Hall 1970 (Full Concert) - YouTube

Published on Mar 25, 2012

Led Zeppelin - Live at the Royal Albert Hall 1970 (Full Concert)

00:27 We're Gonna Groove (James A. Bethea, Ben E. King)
    03:40 I Can't Quit You Baby (Willie Dixon)
    10:36 Dazed and Confused (Jimmy Page)
    26:09 White Summer (Page)
    38:32 What Is and What Should Never Be (Page, Robert Plant)
    43:11 How Many More Times (John Bonham, John Paul Jones, Page)
    1:03:28 Moby Dick (Bonham, Jones, Page)
    1:18:49 Whole Lotta Love (Bonham, Dixon, Jones, Page, Plant)
    1:25:13 Communication Breakdown (Bonham, Jones, Page)
    1:29:29 C'mon Everybody (Jerry Capehart, Eddie Cochran)
    1:32:00 Somethin' Else (Bob Cochran, Sharon Sheeley)
    1:34:10 Bring It On Home (Bonham, Dixon, Jones, Page, Plant)

Category

Music
    License

Standard YouTube License

Goddam i forgot how awesome this is! if you can play this on your home stereo and let it fill the air, it's obvious why they don't make band like led zeppelin anymore. I've heard John Bonham be called a hack, they're just haters, and nobody can ever talk shit about Page and Plant.

Note these songs are just played like jam sessions, a lot of free flowing in and out and improvisation, who on stage does that anymore (probably bonaroo/phish/widespread panic jam band types)?
  • jdirt2019 said:

@jdirt2019 Nice share. Love the kinks. Are you a fan of the Village Green Preservation Society?

what is it?

It's the best Kinks album.

• jdirt2019 said:

@jdirt2019 Nice share. Love the kinks. Are you a fan of the Village Green Preservation Society?

what is it?

It's the best Kinks album.

those aren't concerts.
  • @jdirt2019 You asked what it was. I showed you what it was.
  • I've seen Radiohead. If you know most of the lyrics then I'd say get really drunk and sing. Then maybe the usher will say to you on the way out, "try it sober sometime." That's when you say " No Thanks!!"
  • Oh man there's so many, and by the sounds of things you guys might not know any of them but anyway...

1. Tim Barry (every time)
    2. Face to Face, Every Time I Die, Poison the Well, and Evergreen Terrace @ Soundwave Perth
    3. Bad Religion and Strung Out, Brisbane
    4. The Bronx, Brisbane
    5. Not Ok, Shane's friend's house, Gold Coast (I got punched in the face by a rogue stranger - he punched my boyfriend in the neck, then ran away, so I called him a pussy then he fisted my face... didn't see that one coming.)
    "I'll come to your party if it goes until 4 question marks at least. Three or less and its not worth my time at all.
    On nights like those my absence trumps my company."
    - Turtles All the Way Down, Every Time I Die.
  • Hippy Jam Bands are the best live shows and I don't even listen to that stuff. You won't regret a Phish show. Hot hippy girls, smiling, and dancing. Learn to dance and go to jam shows. Don't learn dance moves, just learn to not be self conscious. Check out Lotus, Zilla, STS9, Disco Biscuits. Funk shows are a good time too. Soulive is fun.
    Post edited by chrisbones at 2013-09-13 18:43:42
  • Just saw Papadosio last weekend, really cool jam/electronica band with a pretty unique sound. They put on a great show. Check em out if you haven't heard of them...their lyrics are awesome.
  • Nice @JohnSpeakerArt. Never heard of them
  • Seeing Emilie Autumn earlier this year blew my freaking mind. It was AMAZING. I've always been a huge fan of her music, her story and what she stands for but the show was out of this world.

I'm seeing Amanda Palmer next week, which is going to be amazing. And I'm going to The Polyphonic Spree (two nights in a row :P ) in October. That is going to be freaking transcendent. So much joy and love.

My biggest concert regrets: I bought my Jack White ticket months in advance and then had to perform myself the night of the show and blubberingly sold my ticket. And Roger Waters was here last year but I couldn't afford to go. Sigh.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!