Who else is here from australia ?
  • Surely im not the only one here weird enough to be on this forum
  • @rexisbest howdy, you're not, don't worry.
    Where in Australia are you dude?
  • Hey there im from Sydney, what about you ?
  • Right on, I liked the little of Sydney I saw a few years back. I'm in Adelaide, it's super unlucky that even when you find another Australian they turn out to be in a different state, ah well, welcome to the site. I'm gonna crash, work in the morning, but yeah, you're not alone.
  • @rexisbest from Sydney too. I am very interested to see how many Aussies are around on these forums
    Post edited by witlesswonder at 2012-09-05 05:58:00
  • Just been watching "Relocation Down Under" and DAMN!

230k for this one house in Belgrave.... 4 bedrooms, massive living room, massive kitchen, double garage, half acre garden, stunnnnnnnning views.

Damn you guys are lucky, we'd struggle to get a 1 bedroom flat in London for that price.
    "I got stuck in a cravarse on the moun-tain."
  • KwaiChangCaineKwaiChangCaine
    I'm a Troll. Don't Feed Me.
    ME TOO!
    I am blazing beachside in the 2515 but originaly from Sydney's North Shore via old skool 90s/early 00s Bondi before it went to shit and was overun by Isrealis and their diaspora backers.
    @SativaSteve. Wrong dude. Oz is one of the most expensive countries in the world now. Housing anywhere not full of rednecks/bogans/chavs is insane. Food, utilities, etc etc are a disgrace. It is a corporate cleptocracy. I am leaving for (nice NOT pervy) Thailand next year.
    I am in Japan ATM and food and Transport is half of Oz.
    The 3 bed apt I rent here in Hiroshima in a nice upper middle class area for my ex and kids is about AU$190 p/w. Equiv in Syd or Melb would be approx $400-$600.
    Plus Oz is full of fucking selfish, agressive and shallow cunts. No community, just everyone v everyone.
    In Oz a stranger is an enemy by default.
    It is a mediocre version of the UK or US but is naturally stunning.
    I know this post sounds cunty but I have actually grown to despise my country for the economic assraping and the lack of grace of it' citizens. + aussies look/dress like shit and every working class human is as FAT AS FUCK.
    *Rant over - Namaste + kisses
    Post edited by KwaiChangCaine at 2012-03-27 11:07:19
    Namo Amituofo
  • I'm sure the television show didn't lie too me on purpose :P

Maybe it was an older episode.
    "I got stuck in a cravarse on the moun-tain."
  • lol didnt expect all this, @KwaiChangCaine being young i cant really compare living in sydney to much else but i guess people can be pretty rude and dismissive here but living on the north shore thats sort of to be expected lol. Where else in the western world is better than Australia though, the standard of living here is pretty damn high remember. As Mckenna said act like you and your friends control the world around you and life will suddenly seem a lot nicer
    @rexisbest
    Standard of living - most of europe and canada?
    Food prices are off the chain in oz. We produce everything but cirporate agribusiness exports it all and we get charged higher than export markets by food duopoly (sic).
    I do have a golden crew and have pretty much removed myself from the mainstream but the uncouth way aussies act and treat each other grates to say the least.
    I feel lost here TBH.

PS - not the north shore thing really but more the 80% bogan culture everywhere.
    Post edited by KwaiChangCaine at 2012-03-28 00:03:25
    Namo Amituofo
  • I'm totally from Australia! I'm in Perth, the king of the nanny states! Please don't hold that against me.
    www.twitter.com/stuiereds

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/stuiereds
  • Don't you guys have giant killer spiders that crawl in you shoes and shit?
  • @stuierds ohh perth , do you know of tame impala
  • I'm from Perth but have moved down to the south coast of WA, to get out of the city and into the fresh air! I'm sorry you see Australia in such a bad light, KwaiChangCaine. It's obviously not perfect, especially if you believe the shit the Murdoch and Packer families try to feed us on TV. I've travelled a lot on all continents, except Africa and Antarctica, and I wouldn't choose to permanently live anywhere else, especially now I have kids. And I've lived in both the US and the UK and I think we have it much easier here.
  • I definately think Australia can be a pretty nice place to live for most people but i guess you can get caught up in weird parts of the multiverse in any location and exist amongst bad people
  • @rexisbest yeh I have, not the biggest fan but they have some alright songs.

@kandilula where abouts you live? I live in Wellard (City of Kwinana), awesome suburb with bush surrounding the estate. Eventually I wanna get a bit more land and live a quiet self seficient lifestyle.

Yeh I dig Australia, I haven't done a whole lot of traveling but I don't see myself living in many other countries. We have it pretty good here no matter what politicians/media/douchebags say.

• @stuiereds I'm living down in Denmark (near Albany) now, grew up in Baldivis though, before it got developed. I think that's another plus here - even if you don't have much land, you can grow a year round veggie patch due to our great climate. We've got such an outdoor culture here, which is awesome for kids.
    @rexisbest Hi, not a fan of Tame Impala as I like my music a bit louder :-) My Aussie faves are Over-Reactor, Circles, Closure In Moscow and The Butterfly Effect.
    How did you guys get turned onto Duncan? My chain was Kevin Smith -> Joe Rogan -> Duncan, who is now my best friend I've never met! Love him.
  • Mine was through Rogan, and I attached to Duncan as soon as I heard of him. Great guy, great mind and has put me onto some sweet things.

Yeh I wanna move down that way in my later yrs, would really like to start up a small 'commune' with friends down there ASAP if possible really.

• Good to see some fellow Aussies on here, im sure there are plenty more who listen to the podcast as well. I reside in Canberra at the moment, it gets a bad wrap because of the politicians and its shitty nightlife but im coming to appreciate how pretty of a city it can be.

@KwaiChangCaine I have to agree with you to an extent, especially with how expensive it can be to live here and the fact that we pay double what other western countries do for many things. And yeah there are a lot of bigots and derolicts in canberra as well but there are just as many cool people, they are just a little less outgoing.
  • I'm a QLD boy and just joined the family AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!
    Pursue happiness with diligence.
  • Thats so crazy this morning i had one of those moments where you visualize a future conversation and i was trying to remember how i got turned onto duncan and his alternative view on reality, it was rogans dmt rant that turned me onto his podcast and then onto the lavender hour. And i remember just googling rogans name out of nowhere one day for the sake of it.
  • Nope, but we are neighbours :-) I'm a Kiwi.
    How do you capture a beautiful bird without killing its spirit?
  • Nice bruu, what got you into this podcast?
    @zenith. Hi dude. I was born in Canberra and do the once a month Sat Fash n Treasure markets at Old BUS Depot in Kingston. Canberra is nice. I am pretty boho and I still dig it despite all the creepy masonic/illuminati architecture/layout/symbolism. That big eagle statue/oblisc (sic) outside war memorial is SOOOO Saturnian Death Cult it aint funny. Freaks me out every time I approach accross the bridge. The "formal" parts of the layout just hum with evil. The lake and trees are lovely though.
    Namo Amituofo
  • Greetings and salutations, I'm a Kiwi living in Brisbane.
  • Steve said:

Just been watching "Relocation Down Under" and DAMN!

230k for this one house in Belgrave.... 4 bedrooms, massive living room, massive kitchen, double garage, half acre garden, stunnnnnnnning views.

Damn you guys are lucky, we'd struggle to get a 1 bedroom flat in London for that price.

Belgrave is a shithole and is so far away from everything good, it's so boring and the houses are SO expensive.

@rexisbest
    Standard of living - most of europe and canada?
    Food prices are off the chain in oz. We produce everything but cirporate agribusiness exports it all and we get charged higher than export markets by food duopoly (sic).
    I do have a golden crew and have pretty much removed myself from the mainstream but the uncouth way aussies act and treat each other grates to say the least.
    I feel lost here TBH.

Fuck finally somebody who agrees with me, I feel so isolated in my opinions, which I only hold because I've been to countries other than Indonesia and Thailand.
    Post edited by Hari_Seldon at 2012-05-09 04:45:40
  • Yep, dinki-di drongo reporting for duty! And yes price of groceries here sucks fat hairy testiculees bloody coles-worths!
  • @Hari_Seldon Where else in the world have you been to formulate these opinions, where are you in Australia?
  • Brisbane, represent. Any of you cunts going to see Lou Barlow?

@wolfmanalpha You're definitely an Aussie ya cunt!
    :)

Arj Barker did a great bit on how we swear. I'll find it.

I'm so glad there are quite a few of us (and our Kiwi cousins) in here.

Mumia Abu-Jamal is in a jail cell dropping truth. Obama's in the Wite House dropping bombs.
    Which one got the Nobel Peace Prize?
  • @rexisbest - another one from Melbourne here!
  • razy
    Hrair
    melbourne here :D
  • BeemoBeemo
    Hrair
    Sydney here. Do any of you know of some local podcasts that a family member would enjoy?
  • Hello family and friends, long time listener, first time poster. I am from Wagga Wagga NSW, just uploaded it to the DTFH map.
  • Beemo said:

Sydney here. Do any of you know of some local podcasts that a family member would enjoy?

I listen to a podcast from the Dhammaloka Buddhist centre in WA. Ajahn Brahm does an excellent Friday afternoon talk that DTFH people would like. Itunes for free. Search Dhammaloka.

• BeemoBeemo
    Hrair
    @garryspam I just subscribed on Itunes, thanks for the recommendation. I only really listen to John Safran's radio show with Father Bob Macguire. They've had some great guests, from David Icke to Richard Dawkins.
  • Goddamnit does Adelaide feel lonely.
    The hands of the many must join as one and together we'll cross the river.
  • im from brisbane too!!
  • Surfers Paradise here, the cesspit of Australia :)

• Hey I'm from Sydney, eastern suburbs/inner city. Sydney can be a good place depending what you're into. If you like sports and sitting outside admiring the view then its pretty good but im not really into that, the music and culture here is alright but from visiting canada, UK and US I've realised that it could be so much better. lucky we have the internet
  • @nerriga nice man I'm in the northern beaches, yeah there doesnt seem to be any decent music scenes that aren't hardcore
  • I'm in Newcastle - but from Melbourne. If you've been to Newcastle you'll understand.
  • @aistob Ive heard about Newcastle haha, I know someone in newcastle who would fit in very well with DTFH community, although I'm guessing that your experience with newcastle would suggest otherwise
  • aistob said:

I'm in Newcastle - but from Melbourne. If you've been to Newcastle you'll understand.

I know what you mean about Newcastle. I used to go up there alot to visit family, it had a Central Coast/Shire feeling to it. Im actually heading up there for work next week.

rexisbest said:

@nerriga nice man I'm in the northern beaches, yeah there doesnt seem to be any decent music scenes that aren't hardcore

There are good bands around and small scenes, just nowhere near the scale of places overseas. Northern Beaches are nice, used to hang out there a bit. I love girls from the North Shore! they are the best. hahah

• Sitting in Adelaide here.
  • All right! I'm so excited that there are family members in Brisbane! I'm from Canada but have been living here for about a year and a half. im totaly down for a meat-space meet up.
  • Up Newcastle way here, out in the sticks on a good sized block.

40mins from Newcastle itself.
    40mins from Port Stephens - top shelf beaches.
    40mins from Barrington Tops national park, flowing-river-mountainous goodness.
    40mins from vineyards as far as the eye can see.

Never been happier than where we are now.
    Oppose & Disagree.
  • Reporting from Lismore, here.
  • @Punk
    No shit dude, I was giving up hope of any other Adelaide folks showing up here.
    Adelaide Hills here, yourself?
    The hands of the many must join as one and together we'll cross the river.
  • Melbourne cunts!
  • Mel Gibson and Russel Crowe are from Australia.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!