what is "the bog of agita" i always hear duncan quote it but i cant find anything about it ?
  • there's got to be something I'm just ignorant to.
    Post edited by 2jake at 2013-03-29 03:24:03
  • "Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I will meet you there." Rumi
  • That was priceless. :)
  • ^^ Either that or a really good troll. Gave me a laugh regardless. I'm glad he found it if he was serious.
    नमः सप्तानां सम्यक् सम्बुद्ध कोटीनां। तद्यथा ॐ चले चुले चुन्दि स्वाहा॥
    ओं मणिपद्मे हूं
    राम
  • I figured it had to be a troll and I was like here's a healthy troll snack, little buddy.

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I will meet you there." Rumi
  • The Bog of Agita is a great name for a stoner jam band. Somebody steal that.
    "When even one American - who has done nothing wrong - is forced by fear to shut his mind and close his mouth - then all Americans are in peril."- Harry S. Truman (Replace "American" with "person," and now you're getting somewhere.)

• Sounds like a place you can go on a Final Fantasy world map.
  • The Bog of Agita is a great name for a stoner jam band. Somebody steal that.

fuck yes it is. good call.

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I will meet you there." Rumi
  • Ah, that was a good laugh.
    "Say my name three times and I'll appear and hold your balls." --Duncan
  • @jimmybob Hah!

"So what do you play in the jam band?"

"Tamborine"

"You're high right now, aren't you?"

"Yeaaah, I'm up there..."

That goes double for Megaphone Guy.
    Post edited by SmokeTrainwreck at 2013-03-29 12:25:36
    "When even one American - who has done nothing wrong - is forced by fear to shut his mind and close his mouth - then all Americans are in peril."- Harry S. Truman (Replace "American" with "person," and now you're getting somewhere.)

• I play the tambourine, and the glow sticks from time to time.
  • I saw the title of this thread and laughed! Thank you @2jake!
  • The Bog of Agita is very real!

The only thing I remember from this shitty movie. "Oh no, you're letting the sadness of the swamp get to you!". This should have been John Waters' music video for The Doors' Horse Latitudes.
  • Fucking hilarious. By far the funniest post on this forum. Outstanding sir.
  • Oh, how this makes me reminisce about the times before I went fully hippy.
  • kurtsu said:

Sums the thread up. ahaha
  • If I ever write a fantasy screenplay I will feature the Bog of Agita.

And just because of the Never Ending Story reference, this is something I made years ago when lolcats were huge

• I'm glad I found the right name but FUCK me haha hows that for a first post
  • 2jake said:

I'm glad I found the right name but FUCK me haha hows that for a first post

Yup.. Initially I thought "wtf seriously!?" But with your most recent comment... I'm glad you're here and I'm sure the rest of the DTFH forum is as well. Welcome!
  • Recipe for a great Sunday Afternoon:
    drive to a quiet beach
    eat a brownie
    bring a cooler filled with seltzers, lemonade, beer, your drink of choice
    take your shoes off and read the Bog of Agita in the sun.
  • bog of agita is one of the funniest things I have ever read in this forum. In all of my days.
    Titties
  • ^agreed
    AUM SHANTI SHANTI
  • dt4tddt4td
    Hrair
    lmao.
  • I'm just postin here to be able to say "I posted in the original "The Bog of Agita" thread.. :-p
    Who's your step-daddy?
  • The Bog of Agita is a well known battlefield just west of the Harbor of Sorrows. People go there to martially accelerate their Karma.
  • Luxumbra said:

The Bog of Agita is a well known battlefield just west of the Harbor of Sorrows. People go there to martially accelerate their Karma.

LOL!!!!!
  • I'm grateful to this thread for the laffs and also for finally spurring me to seek out a translation, so thanks @2jake!
  • The Bog!!!!!!! :D
  • Instantly laughed when i found this int he comments section of a freemason video (im not a freemason i was looking up the taxil hoax) http://imgur.com/Z8cL8vb
  • ArkalogikArkalogik
    Hrair, Banned, Temp Ban
    This is not an ancient document...check this vid to learn more.
    Post edited by Arkalogik at 2013-10-17 10:35:47
    Are you absolutely sure that there are no absolutes?
    www.destinylab.com
    www.youtube.com/destinylab
    www.reverbnation.com/destinylab
  • I like how this thread gets bumped every now and then to remind us of the light side of this forum.
    "Say my name three times and I'll appear and hold your balls." --Duncan
  • Satan said:

I like how this thread gets bumped every now and then to remind us of the light side of this forum.

Still makes me smile every time I see this. :D
  • Maybe we're all retarded by virtue of being human. Long live the Yang Clan.
  • @jake even if you were trolling, thanks for making me smile.
  • I haven't seen this before, since it's at the top of the forum anyway I feel I can add:

Ha! :)
  • Totally seriously, you should all check out the audiobook version by jack Hawley. It's called the Bhagavad Gita, a walkthrough for westerners, and it is very easy to follow and enjoy.
    Namaste bitches!
  • Man I just searched for it today and spelt it the exact same way. I blame Duncan's accent.

What an amazing forum
  • This thread is number one on Google for "Bog of Agita". Yes!
    I blow my load over the status quo.
  • it's spelled Abe Vigoda and he is a renowned american actor
  • I wonder if anyone on trial for murder in India has ever attempted the Bhagavad Gita defense.

EDIT: the family should all collectively come together and try to write a short story for "the bog of agita". It would be great we would all bounce ideas off each other and then eventually come up with something.
    Post edited by [DeletedUser] at 2013-11-11 21:21:51
  • The Bog of Agita is due south of the Gog of Maggog
    As the twig is bent, so grows the tree

• i believe it's the "bong of antietam"...

it's got something to do with the civil war
  • This guy isn't trolling, i found this thread by searching "The Bog of Agita" trying to find it haha!
  • mpancone said:

That was priceless. :)

lol, I'm not hating but I had to click on the post because the title was too good to be true. Thought someone was trolling for a minute.

youtube.com/user/MrAstronautical
    instagram: goldslugss
  • jimmybob said:

The Bog of Agita is a great name for a stoner jam band. Somebody steal that.

fuck yes it is. good call.

This would be how google translate would spell it if you had captions on for a YouTube video. :P
    youtube.com/user/MrAstronautical
    instagram: goldslugss
  • I'm sorry but I have to chime in on how hard I laughed when I saw this. Trolling or not, thank you.
  • I lost my shit when I saw the title of this thread.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!