Duncan Trussel Minecraft Server! [Server Info/Disucssion]
  • IP: www.dtfhmc.com
    Dynmap IP (enter this in browser for live map of server) : http://96.8.119.110:8420/
    Server Status: Active!

Donate to the Server?

THIS THREAD IS FOR MINECRAFT DISCUSSION! To get whitelisted, post your username in this thread HERE

Rules:
    No griefing, just think, what would Duncan Trussel do?
    PvP is allowed only in the Multiverse1 world

Moderators:

Dasbones
    Waterboy72
    iClarion
    qoflife
    zorack8000 (Kyran)
    Kevindontwave

WHITELIST
    New players can explore freely, but have no permissions to build until they are on the whitelist!

Link to whitelist thread
    Get your name on the list or talk to a mod, and we will get you on the whitelist. This allows new players to explore the world, and sign on if they wish to contribute and join our community! Our mods will gladly show you around, and what recent things we have created.

Mob Arena:
    /ma join - enters arena lobby
    To choose a class, punch the signs on the wall, and strike the iron block on the opposite side of the room when you are ready.
    /ma leave - exits arena games, (This is when you get your prizes, be sure to leave and join between games to get all your goodies)
    /ma spec - spectate the game from the stands

Physical Shop:
    To create a chest/sign for a store, place a chest with a sign posted above:
    On the sign: 1st line "leave blank"
    2nd line "Enter quantity of item to sell at a time"
    3rd line "B x: x S" The first X will be buy price, second is sell price, if you only want to use one of these options, do not use the colon.
    4th line "Item ID"

To use the shop, hold either the currency (to buy) or the item (to sell) in your hand and right click the sign.

We use LWC for protection, lock your doors if you don't want people meandering in your base.

Feel free to build your home around the starting area, or wherever you wish! Looking to get a solid safe starting area, and a chill community!

Link to lllhunter's photo album.

Hope to see some faces ingame, and some screenshots of what is to come!
    Post edited by remerold at 2013-09-06 15:21:40
    T͙̩̱͝ḫ͍̯̼͚͡e̘̘̱͈͓ ͞Dą͙͈̮͙̥̙r̼̗̤͈͎ḱ̬̙̜͉̭̭͕ ̱̪̝̣͈͘ͅU͔͚̟̟̜͠n̟̜̜d͍͡e̺̦̳̬r̕b͉̲ẹ̸̠̬ͅļ̫l͉͓̱̭͓̼ỵ̥̠̖̗͍̙ ̕n̖e̦͚̜̩v̲͙͠e̮̯̻̜̦r̤̹̮͡ ̟͍͈͇̲͠f̴̤̣̜̣o̗͓̱̖͙̟̳r͚͈̩͍̼̘g̗͇̱̗̺̜͚e̠̘͡t̖̘s͖̬̰̹̪̻̹
  • Just went down for me. I'll check back in later.
  • I don't know what the issue was there, but im gonna spend this time to get plugins situated.
    T͙̩̱͝ḫ͍̯̼͚͡e̘̘̱͈͓ ͞Dą͙͈̮͙̥̙r̼̗̤͈͎ḱ̬̙̜͉̭̭͕ ̱̪̝̣͈͘ͅU͔͚̟̟̜͠n̟̜̜d͍͡e̺̦̳̬r̕b͉̲ẹ̸̠̬ͅļ̫l͉͓̱̭͓̼ỵ̥̠̖̗͍̙ ̕n̖e̦͚̜̩v̲͙͠e̮̯̻̜̦r̤̹̮͡ ̟͍͈͇̲͠f̴̤̣̜̣o̗͓̱̖͙̟̳r͚͈̩͍̼̘g̗͇̱̗̺̜͚e̠̘͡t̖̘s͖̬̰̹̪̻̹
  • interesting, not played it before, might check it out once you guys set everything up,

bookmarked.
    "I got stuck in a cravarse on the moun-tain."
  • interesting, not played it before, might check it out once you guys set everything up,

bookmarked.

I agree with this post. I will also check it out.

• The server is now up (hopefully for good, got my plugins situated) and got the spawn set to a good location.

I'll try to be on as much as possible this first weekend, people feel free to come in, build a home, explore, etc. I'll be popping in when I can to check out how it goes, and keep any griefers at bay.
  • I dont really know how this works...I have created an account at the website.

Do I need to buy the new version or does the old 'free' version work on this as well?
  • We run on 1.2, so yes you do need to buy it.
  • There goes that idea. :P
  • There goes that idea. :P

The free version lacks almost everything that makes Minecraft interesting.
  • TPB?
  • This should be fun! :) I'm gonna make a little hut near the spawn. All of my things will be free to take if anyone needs something of mine.
    DTFH Minecraft Server IP: 192.99.20.34:25764
    Get Whitelisted | Info | Pictures | Donate

< my shit > < more >
  • Just after two days, we already have some sweet stuff going on. Purple Sheep, a giant tree memorial, portals to the nether. Here's a little album of some screenshots I took just now.

http://imgur.com/a/1QSa8
    Post edited by remerold at 2012-03-11 15:19:00
  • The graphics suck... it's all blocky...........

but seriously, looks awesome so far.

You guys should start designing the compound, i hope to see a large farming plot for me to grow the groups botanicals :)
    Post edited by [Deleted User] at 2012-03-11 15:26:15

• but seriously, looks awesome so far.

You guys should start designing the compound, i hope to see a large farming plot for me to grow the groups botanicals :)

Can't wait!

< my shit > < more >
  • Also Clarion, got the nether up :) and I found purps (the town Iron Golem) just outside and coaxed him in, put gates on the city entrances so hopefully he will stay inside :P
  • I did the observatory thingy (my ingame name is 'afrojoel') yall can do whatever to it!
  • theres a huge mine next to the portal.....I was digging down there and i found a freaking stronghold! the place is HUGE so huge i am currently lost down there. Im at some place where there are lava falls
  • duncanduncan
    El-ahrairah
    I'm afraid that if I start playing this game I will stop doing podcasts.
  • Duncan, I suggest you don't join the server either way. I feel that this is how cults get started.
  • Why is everyone so anti-cult?

• duncan said:

Do not fear, noble leader. I shall assist you through this blocky world. Scott Johnson, the main guy behind the Frogpant's podcast network, did an epic series of videos touring his fan's minecraft server, I could only imagine your take on this would be amazing.
    Scott Johnson's Tour of FInalscore Minecraft

ath3n4 said:

theres a huge mine next to the portal.....I was digging down there and i found a freaking stronghold! the place is HUGE so huge i am currently lost down there. Im at some place where there are lava falls

iClarion is building a slime generator in that big space, we called it a day after a good hour of TNT'ing the hell out of it.
    Post edited by remerold at 2012-03-12 12:20:31
  • this is fun as hell you guys!
  • wow missed that boat. Fucking 27 bucks? I should have bought in when I knew about the alpha. Will wait for steam sale.
  • wow missed that boat. Fucking 27 bucks? I should have bought in when I knew about the alpha. Will wait for steam sale.

For sure man, I got it in alpha for $5 just on a whim.

Loving the stuff people are making here, I keep finding new people's stuff every day

• duncan said:

No shame there. Responsibilities and Minecraft don't mix well.

mintchip said:

Duncan, I suggest you don't join the server either way. I feel that this is how cults get started.

Having a DTFH cult erupt inside Minecraft is the best possible outcome I can think of... next to a real world cult

< my shit > < more >
  • I made it to the void of hell

Post edited by Clarion at 2012-03-12 22:50:25

< my shit > < more >
  • Hi all, I have a request for the server is it possible to install Dynmap (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/dynmap/) that way we can travel further out and still find each other.

I really want to see what people are working on. Cheers.
  • Server"s still going strong. Posting another album to show how far the town's come along
    http://imgur.com/a/NGRD7
    Post edited by remerold at 2012-03-15 19:04:27
  • Just installed factions, made starter town peaceful. Hit me up ingame (Remerold) or pm me on forums if your interested in modding, looking for someone who knows how to work with dedicated servers, configuration-wise.
  • Awesome server guys, can't wait to see everyone, and possible duncan!
  • I have taken off factions and set up Residence. I'll probobly post some commands on how to use it in a bit.
  • i started a pete holmes treehouse BONANZA on the jungle biome near the zen gardens yall
  • A possible project for the jungle?
  • who built the zen garden?
  • ath3n4 said:

who built the zen garden?

I'm still not sure, that's what makes me love the server, people keep building on it, and the town keeps evolving.
  • I'm pretty sure there's a sign on the main zen building, I forgot what the name was though.

I'm trying to make a community Enchanting table at the top of my tower, it's gonna take a while though. Diamonds and whatnot.

After that I'm just gonna be killing them vampires out in the wilderness, their souls will benefit the greater good.
  • ath3n4 said:

who built the zen garden?

that would be me
  • Dilbert, have you given some people creative rights to build?

Also, I'd like to help build a central station for people to port off to. Like say they start off in a giant mansion, and from there they can choose what "world" to travel to.

- A forest world
    - An icy/frozen over world
    - A desert world
    Just to name a few

Get what I mean?

Just an idea, and good server bro :D
  • Himanshu said:

Dilbert, have you given some people creative rights to build?

Also, I'd like to help build a central station for people to port off to. Like say they start off in a giant mansion, and from there they can choose what "world" to travel to.

- A forest world
    - An icy/frozen over world
    - A desert world
    Just to name a few

Get what I mean?

Just an idea, and good server bro :D

Everyone has permission to build. I do have Residence mod that allows people to protect their personal dwelling. But we have large public areas that are made and constantly improved by other players.

• I've added a quick travel via the Nether to the DTFH Plaza.

(Really I just wanted to bump the thread.)
  • Minecraft is the only game I've played where I feel paralyzed by the amount of freedom available. I literally have nothing built so far. Everyone else's stuff looks so good, I'm worried I'll make something shitty. Where do I start? What would other people actually enjoy or use? Do I want a public sky-house? A hidden underground lab? Should I explore? Should I breed animals? I'm freakin out maaan!

I need to play Minecraft on LSD. That'd solve everything.
    it is what it is, but it ain't what it's cracked up to be
  • Minecraft is the only game I've played where I feel paralyzed by the amount of freedom available. I literally have nothing built so far. Everyone else's stuff looks so good, I'm worried I'll make something shitty. Where do I start? What would other people actually enjoy or use? Do I want a public sky-house? A hidden underground lab? Should I explore? Should I breed animals? I'm freakin out maaan!

Start gathering materials, if you haven't already

Find a nice spot, make a frame; and build

Nobody is going to shit on your creation, and if they do; they don't belong in lavenderland

Also, that second option should work too
    Post edited by Dasbones at 2012-03-22 00:44:58

A nice big animal pasture would be nice :D
  • Did anyone else update this morning and now not able to connect to the server?
  • Did anyone else update this morning and now not able to connect to the server?

i also cannot connect to the server after updating
  • I looked into rolling back... way too much work for my lazy ass. I'll just have to remember not to update at home.
  • Just updated server, running good on updated client for my side. All is well :)
  • nooooooooooooooooo *withdrawal"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!