Voices you speak in at home
  • Other people have got to be doing this, right?

Excited Mid-Western Woman
    Gets excited by almost anything, but especially shitty tv shows.
    Influenced by:
    Pickles from Metalocalypse
    Amy Poehler's scrap-booking housewife from UCB
    The mom from Bobby's World

Judgmental East Coast Jewish Mother
    Starts most observations with "OH, look at you with your..."
    Complains about everything, always the victim.
    Influenced by:
    Coffee Talk with Linda Richman
    Howard Stern's mother

Tough Suburban 'Ghetto' Girl
    You know, that youtube video where she's all "This lil girly right here ain't scareda NOBODY! So if you wanna bump let's GO. Send me a mess- hit me up on my myspace."
    Really bratty with a big ego, always ready for a fight.

Whiney Hippie
    I think we all know what those sound like.
    Influenced by:
    Many people in my life

Joe Rogan as Sammy Davis Jr.
    Say Joe Rogany things but always end sentences with "man".

Pete White and Billy Quizboy (Venture Bros.)
    My Pete is more gay and Jersey sounding, Billy has an even worse speech impediment.

Sometimes I worry I'm the most annoying person ever.
    Post edited by DrStrib at 2012-06-25 19:31:50
    I measured my waistline in planck lengths and now I feel awful.
    photo tmp_824317984_zps500a3873.jpeg
    I wanna be a hippie, but I forgot how to love.
  • Morgan Freeman in Driving Ms. Daisy
    Replace "you" with "yous" and say "I do declare!" a lot.
  • I find alot of my inner monologues are James Earl Jones speaking for me XD
  • I do a bad Bill Cosby voice.

I also do versions of people I know pretty much constantly.

Grumpy old man comes out a lot

Fargo voice
  • I've convinced my son I can speak the language of any object. I speak water and its sounds like bubbles, fart smells talk like farts etc...
  • We talk in retarded, or high pitched, lispy, yelling voices a lot. We've slowed that down since we had a kid. Don't want her growing up thinking that is normal.

But yes, I think a lot of people talk in stupid voices at home (i hope)
  • Haha, I love it!. There are so many. But lately me and my wife have been communicating using only cat sounds.
  • I like the Mexican/Chinese wise man voice from Kung Pow.

"No no, this works for both of us."
    Post edited by Drone at 2012-02-21 11:14:09
  • I'll often change gear into a mischievous/lecherous Irish accent because it creeps my girl out, and making her uncomfortable is one of my favorite pass times.
    "A ship is safe in its harbor, but that's not what ships are for.” - William Shedd
  • I also do a Duncan voice, but the only things I say in that voice are the phrases
    "Diarrhea Hat" and "It's not rull!"
    Plus an Ari Shaffir voice, but I only say his name, with a really lazy mouth, so it sounds like
    "Ahh Sha-Fa"
    Another weird talking thing I do (but not really a voice) is I keep shifting the way I pronounce words, until it becomes really distorted. For instance:
    coffee cup-->cuffie coop-->curffie cop-->ciffee cip-->caffee dap
    Skyrim-->skur-rurm-->skum-rum-->skrim-rims-->skrum-trans
  • I usually immitate the voice of a Dutch guy when I'm at home.

Most likely because I'm Dutch.
  • duncanduncan
    El-ahrairah
    When I go into the wilderness my internal monologue starts to sound like the narrator from "I Shouldn't Be Alive."
  • I always do a 1940's "Smoke Lucky Strikes!" voice.

And I call everybody "Andy Dufrane", in the voice of Morgan Freeman from The Shawshank Redemption.
    Post edited by TyAllen at 2012-02-25 22:16:42
  • Redneck Todd (guy I know, real twangy white trash NY dude): "Oh, I measured dem2x4's and cut 'em...just a twat hair off!" "You know me...I ain'tvery racially tolerant."

Child Molester (dude from this bowling pin factory that molested his daughter): "OH, diss is my daughter, ain't she a beeyute!" and the song: "Let's get dese pins onto dem skis...me mike and bob we raped all our kids."
  • I also do a Duncan voice, but the only things I say in that voice are the phrases
    Plus an Ari Shaffir voice, but I only say his name, with a really lazy mouth, so it sounds like
    "Ahh Sha-Fa"
    Another weird talking thing I do (but not really a voice) is I keep shifting the way I pronounce words, until it becomes really distorted. For instance:

I do the word degeneration thing too.

Wash cloth> worsh cloth> wersh clerp
  • A do a pretty damn good chris rock. But never shown aaaaaany one.
    Who's your step-daddy?
  • I do a badass Nancy Kwan. Anyone remember the Pearl Cream commercial?
    "Ahh Sha-Fa"

I do the word degeneration thing too.

Wash cloth> worsh cloth> wersh clerp

Are you bilingual or are you learning a new language?
    I noticed I started doing this a lot more as I got more into studying Latin.
    Post edited by DrStrib at 2012-02-26 13:07:36
  • Nope. I know a little spanish and am learning a bit of sign language but nothing major.

Its just based on the idea that you know the language so well that you can bastardize it beyond recognition but someone else will know what you mean in context.

I'm a fan of mumbling my speech to see if i will be understood not just because i'm lazy, but as a (scientific) test.
  • English hooligan - constantly barking out stuff. "Nice one bruv!"

"Urban" fella - sounds like Patrice O'neal specifically. "You burnin' those eggs nigga!"

J-Rock from Trailer Park boys - makes regular appearances, "Knowm sayin?!"

• I'm fascinated by accents and I'll constantly practice things I hear, south afrikaans and british / scottish accents. Hell yeah.
  • I added a new one:

Stoned Graham Hancock
    I try to say normal Graham Hancock esoteric stuff, but really emphasize the word 'fuck' and also act like an amateur, reminding people of how much the weed "really fucked me up!"
  • croz
    Hrair
    i always shout crazy stuff at my little brother and my cat in the swedish chef from the muppets voice
  • Stewie Griffin...
    "Say my name three times and I'll appear and hold your balls." --Duncan
  • I am a big fan of "back up singer for 70s funk band" also known as "Spoony Davis and The Good Times Band." Usually it is a sing about stuff you do thing, start sentences high and end low while keepin' it funky, often starts with me saying "Thank you Cincinnati, we are Spoony Davis and The Good Times Band, Here to kick out the jams" in a voice far too loud for my apartment.
  • My latest voice is the HAL9000 voice. I creep my wife out, mostly because I refer to her as Dave.
  • I do the doctor who Dalek voice
  • I've been using the urban hooker/economics professor from Doug Stanhopes new album. Can't afford to get all loosey-goosey in your shit-pussy.
    Until the 20th century, reality was everything humans could touch, smell, see and hear. Since the initial publication of the charted electromagnetic spectrum, humans learned that what they can touch, smell, see, and hear... is less than one millionth of reality.
  • Me and the wife both do gobby, Yorkshire cricket commentator, and all round bigot... Geoffry Boycott... to each other. Unfortunately it's now spread into about 75% of all conversations between us!
  • three-year old

judgmental proper British lady

Southie guy

Geordie Auntie

Newfie guy

Irish guy

Jamaican MC

Jason from Home Movies

nerd

French Canadian

Ontario hoser

Australian guy

Professor Frink

Gary The Retard

Columbo

full drum kit, bass, guitar, keyboard

Post edited by PLELTH at 2012-06-26 13:39:12
  • We do "The Old Southern Black Women" and "The Excited German Tourist"
  • Inner voice is often Neal Brennan's.
    22 male dallas
  • FireFire
    Hrair
    That's weird. Unless you're Neal Brennan. Are you Neal Brennan?
    The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.
    Today and tomorrow are yet to be said.
    The chances, the changes are all yours to make.
    The mold of your life is in your hands to break.

• When i talk to my cats my rs become ws. At work i use a midwestern drawl way more often than i do at home or around friends.
    Fencesitter, eternal spoil sport.
  • Fire said:

That's weird. Unless you're Neal Brennan. Are you Neal Brennan?

I listen to the Champ's podcast a lot, and I realized we have the same manner of speaking but different vocal tone. My brain somehow transferred his voice anyway into my own inner voice.
    22 male dallas

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!