The photography thread
  • @brandonengel, I love your image! Beautiful and haunting!
    Post edited by youreyestelllies at 2012-05-28 14:01:40
  • Couple manips...

There's no need for a war on drugs. They come in peace.
  • M0XIEM0XIE
    Hrair
    Wow, those are intense.
  • Thanks @M0XIE i really appreciate the compliment

And @Michelle, your pics are lovely. Catching the dog in the wind and the angle shot of the dandelions are especially cool.
  • img src="Pagoda" />img src="Munsu Stadium" />
    Post edited by Klorptar at 2012-05-16 21:28:25
    The future ahead of us is beyond our wildest imaginings. It can't be any other way. Business as usual is off the menu.
  • image" />
    Post edited by Klorptar at 2012-05-17 05:08:26
    The future ahead of us is beyond our wildest imaginings. It can't be any other way. Business as usual is off the menu.
  • Klorptar said:

img src="Pagoda" />

This is so psychedelic! Where is this thing?

DTFH Minecraft Server IP: 192.99.20.34:25764
    Get Whitelisted | Info | Pictures | Donate

< my shit > < more >
  • Some pics i took in my home town of Avon, IL, pop. 950...saaa-lute..!

• @Clarion

It's in Ulsan, South Korea.
  • Today I am going to photograph someone getting an award. I wish I cared about it or even knew anything about it but it's only periphery to my day job and that's a little sad because I assume it's very important to the people involved. On the other hand, it does free me up for the rest of the day to photograph other things, so fuck yeah! I celebrate with posting this: image
    "the idea is to remain in a state of constant departure while always arriving" - Boat Car Guy
  • Awesome work, @bella..!
  • Thanks, @Spyro_Keats!
    "the idea is to remain in a state of constant departure while always arriving" - Boat Car Guy
  • Here we have this picturesque fountain in Macomb, Illinois, depicting a quartet of dolphins enjoying a blowhole train.

Post edited by Spyro_Keats at 2012-05-22 17:19:08
  • Another great pic, @Michelle =)
  • QatsiQatsi
    Hrair
    The following pictures are the result of a returning love for photography instigated by the surge of inspiration gained from Koyaanisqatsi.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

lakeudu

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
    "Civilize the mind but make savage the body."
  • @Qatsi Fantastic photos.
  • @Qatsi Beautiful! The soda (coke?) bottles and the bus are my faves.
  • QatsiQatsi
    Hrair
    Thank you!

@bella Yes, two intimate bottles of coke left on a table near a tiny beach, residue of an evening spent in the sunset by two friends, or more. :)
    "Civilize the mind but make savage the body."
  • Recent set from a venture to some of the flatlands of Mt again :) Still working on my style.

< my shit > < more >
    Post edited by Steve_I_am at 2012-07-07 07:24:12
  • I want to live where you live @KevinDontWave... so long as there's a place to swim nearby.

< my shit > < more >
  • @clarion You can find a pool pretty easily. Those were taken in Phoenix while I was visiting family for Christmas. I'm moving back at the end of the month so I'll snap some more shots and throw em up here. :)
  • Photobucket
    Flower Booty shot ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket
  • Awesome stuff in here!
    I'll share some of my very amateurish photos.

• @Qtasi ! Nice shots man !

Here's some of my more recent ones:

Check out more at my website that was actually inspired by listening to Duncan's podcast :D www.caseyacook.com
    For inquiry and learning is reminiscence all.
    -Emerson
    (Q) Have I gone mad?

(A) I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. - Alice in Wonderland
  • BILD2001
    my desktop

just some strangeness made from a piece of styrofoam

BILD2363

curtains and ceiling

a spent jelly air freshener

• Sunrise over a train station in Amritsar, India
    IMG_1098_2
    Post edited by baldguyinakilt at 2012-08-19 14:56:09
  • I'm currently organizing my photo library into Lightroom 4, I'll post a few once I get them to Flickr. I've been having a ton of fun shooting with a few kickass lenses and a Canon T2i, the stuff you can get out of this camera is insane.

Anyone here using Lightroom 4? It's fucking AMAZING for photographers! Recently watched a YouTube lecture about it, and holy shit is it awesome, it makes photography 1000x easier.
    "Up above aliens hover, making home movies for the folks back home of all these weird creatures that lock up their spirits, drill holes in themselves, and live for their secrets. They're all uptight" -Radiohead
    Taken with my 35mm film camera. Hoping to get a digital soon.
    Post edited by minotaur at 2012-08-28 02:55:23
    नमः सप्तानां सम्यक् सम्बुद्ध कोटीनां। तद्यथा ॐ चले चुले चुन्दि स्वाहा॥
    ओं मणिपद्मे हूं
    राम

A lake and a forest fire

< my shit > < more >
  • Yay, photography thread! I developed (ugh, I wrote that before realizing it was a terrible pun) fell in love with analog photography last year when I got to use a darkroom as part of a college course I did.

Here's a photo I took outside of the Central Bank in Dublin during the whole Occupy thing:
  • eclector said:

I developed (ugh, I wrote that before realizing it was a terrible pun)

Unless it's cliche,
    never shy away
    from word-play

< my shit > < more >
  • Finally got my photography going, Adobe Lightroom and the Canon T2i made it really easy for me to finally start setting aside time for photo time.

Here's my photostream, gotta work on getting the right code for flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andyrosebrook/

IMG_3657.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

spring river sept 2010 260.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

GRANDCANYONPANORAMA.jpg

This is my fave pic I've taken so far, Meteor Crater in AZ

meteorcraterpanorama.jpg

I'm also in love with macro photography

IMG_3482.jpg

IMG_3469.jpg

IMG_3330.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

bella said:

Today I am going to photograph someone getting an award. I wish I cared about it or even knew anything about it but it's only periphery to my day job and that's a little sad because I assume it's very important to the people involved. On the other hand, it does free me up for the rest of the day to photograph other things, so fuck yeah! I celebrate with posting this: image

lol, you sound like the coolest person I've ever met. Sounds like a pretty great life you have going there, keep it up.
    Post edited by andyrosebrook at 2012-09-09 02:04:38
    "Up above aliens hover, making home movies for the folks back home of all these weird creatures that lock up their spirits, drill holes in themselves, and live for their secrets. They're all uptight" -Radiohead
  • Amateur alert! Hint: I like camping.

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Post edited by Frenchhornfiend at 2012-09-09 11:24:46
    -peace
  • here is some stuff I took when I studied abroad in India. I guess in some ways they're kinda stereotypical, but I still like them.

"La diferencia entre una colonia y una nación libre, es la diferencia que existe entre un esclavo y un hombre libre." ~ Pedro Albizu Campos
  • And here's some stuff from Puerto Rico

Post edited by boricua_chica at 2012-09-12 23:23:27
    "La diferencia entre una colonia y una nación libre, es la diferencia que existe entre un esclavo y un hombre libre." ~ Pedro Albizu Campos
  • the world leaders and entertainers make no secret of their allegiance to belial - the one horned goat sucker also known as satanafist.

Echo said:

fearless leader, why doest thou suck of satans cock?
  • img src="IMG_2314" />
    Where me and my friends melt together, also where I proposed to my girl
  • Some great pics in this thread. I've recently sold all of my DSLR kit (7D plus a gang of L series glass) and moved to a smaller format (NEX-7). For whatever reason I seem to have lost all interest in photography.. it's just happy snaps these days.

Heres a couple from a year or so back :)

edit: link fail

http://www.flickr.com/photos/humpz/

Failed completely at linking individual pics
    Post edited by Absolution at 2012-09-13 06:26:35
    Oppose & Disagree.
  • @Melgibson Beautiful man! Where is this?
    -Emerson
  • virusb23 said:

the world leaders and entertainers make no secret of their allegiance to belial - the one horned goat sucker also known as satanafist.

Echo said:

fearless leader, why doest thou suck of satans cock?

lulz

google+american sign language (ASL) I love you =

Post edited by giftgiver at 2012-09-13 06:30:32
    -Emerson
  • giftgiver said:

@Melgibson Beautiful man! Where is this?

@giftgiver Muriwai, New Zealand. Where I lived my whole life up until I started working in Melbourne, I'm sure that nobody but my friends and I have ever been to this hillspot. every time I'm home I go there its unreal. That swell comes up through the Tasman straight from Antarctica, the beach erodes like crazy maybe 2 metres a year. I believe that in the distance is possibly the worlds only 15 hole golf course (due to land stealing waves)
  • img src="DSC_0343" />

Here's another shot, same hill different direction. First time I got to play with my new 10mm lense!
  • Cool pics, guys!

I'm really excited about doing more photography this year. I have a lot of landscapes, time lapses, panoramas, and macro photography in mind. I try to stay away from people photography, I guess I'm more interested in getting out into nature.
  • it's cool to discover this thread, for the longest time i sorta lost interest in photography...but then looking through my older stuff has reignited that desire!

Sharing a few more of my oldies but goodies. sorry they're so small, copied them from my fb.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!