noise/industrial/power electronics
  • i can't imagine that there aren't any fans of this genre on the board. what're some of your favorite jamz?
    What I used to be will pass away, and then you'll see;
    that all I want now is happiness for you and me - Elliott Smith
  • ill start off:

• THANK GOODNESS. Hi new friend.
  • Post edited by nick_sage at 2012-08-23 03:47:42
  • Post edited by nick_sage at 2012-08-23 03:49:11
  • hello @nick_sage ! ive been meaning to check out more aube so thank, his rack is fucking awesome. you dig masonna?
  • track*...oops hha
  • Aube is a bottomless pit of good things. Big influence on my own stuff when I was starting. Masonna is fun. I'm more of a drone fan but I can get down with the crunch sometimes. So far, I have to say my favorite noise performance has been Prurient. 3 minutes and perfect!
  • prurient rules, dude is insane with that mic. ive begun to like masonna alot, especially frequency LSD.

• william bennett of whitehouse has a project called cut hands that is really fucking great. hes calling this type of stuff "afro noise"-

nons early stuff is essential noise-

• ^ Good ol' Boyd. Here's another favorite:

• hell yes nurse with wound! i just got this record a couple weeks ago:
  • @zeebeezee i'd never heard of NON before, but i really dig it. cut hands sounds fucking epic
  • @octopiarms Look for "Music, Martinis, and Misanthropy." Some days, being a good person demands a little therapeutic hate.
  • @nick_sage haha the lyrics are hilarious, i'm always a sucker for misanthropy. any of y'all like sutekh hexen? harsh black metal infused noise
  • How 'bout a little Cock ESP

Does it have Mrs. Piggy? Does it have a clown? Then why is it funny?
  • @zeebeezee i'd never heard of NON before, but i really dig it. cut hands sounds fucking epic

boyd rice (non) is a really fascinating guy. theres a four hour documentary on him floating around thats worth a watch-

• also, coil had a great noisy side to them that was really brought out during the live stuff

• @prettygood love the cock, but John Wiese kicks my ass

• @zeebeezee seems like an interesting guy, ill try and find that documentary. and can you recommend any coil album to start off? i've never known where to begin.

@prettygood cock esp sounds sick
  • @BroBison
    I've never heard of John Weise before but listened to a little of the clip you posted and thought "This sounds a little like Sissy Spacek". Then I went to his wikipedia page and... whadayaknow. My mind has just been blown.

@octopiarms

They have a remarkable live show. I think they still tour, but you can find some clips on youtube.
    Does it have Mrs. Piggy? Does it have a clown? Then why is it funny?
  • @prettygood His LHD release is well worth a listen too. I've never got a chance to see Cock ESP live, would love to though.

• @nick_sage @zeebeezee hey guys, i know this thread is basically dead, but i just put up some stuff of mine, don't know any fans of these genre irl, and was wondering what y'all might think? it's negativetapes.bandcamp.com
  • @octopiarms I'm enjoying this. It's actually the precise kind of sounds I needed to listen to this morning, so thank you for that. Here's me:

http://skincage.bandcamp.com/

Also let me know if you want a Coil "mixtape" and I'll hook it up.
  • This is a song that I made, it was inspired by Rammstein, Metallica and Godsmack
    http://soundcloud.com/andrew-barbour/pain-without-faith
  • whoa @nick_sage , i really like this a lot. No, thank you, ironically, this is just the kinda stuff i needed today, dark and drone-y. and i would ABSOLUTELY appreciate a coil "mixtape" if you could supply me with one.

@StupidPinkBunny i'm usually not a very big fan of metal, but i really liked that song!

• Boredoms (Vision creation new sun is absolutely essential)...i don't like their earlier noise cds, sadly

Throbbing Gristle
    Eyes that have seen will know what I mean - Todd Rundgren
  • @octopiarms Glad to be of service. Thanks for the kind words and open ears.
  • these guys are kind of a metal tinged noise/industrial act their album is free on bandcamp, very cool.
    Post edited by exesandhexes at 2012-09-17 21:54:26
  • NOW SHIPPING: DEATHPILE "Final Confession" DOUBLE LP + DIGITAL DOWNLOAD

Essential double LP collection of work by Jonathan Canady (Dead World, Angel of Decay, Nightmares) of crushing American power electronics for fans of Sickness, Whitehouse, Prurient. Taken from deleted cassettes, 7"s and CD-R releases, expect nothing but extreme power electronics at its best. By the time this record completes its run you will feel exhausted with an inner ugly that doesn't seem totally healthy yet is rawly satisfying at the same time.

The gatefold features new artwork by Nicola Vinciguerra (Fecalove) and layout by Canady. Limited to 500 copies on randomly mixed color vinyl with digital download card. Randomly mixed color vinyl is a random blend of colors that comes out with a marble like appearance. No two mixed color records look the same.

LIMITED TO 500 COPIES. Order @ http://www.chromepeeler.com/order.html
    www.chromepeeler.com
    www.twitter.com/chromepeeler
    www.chromepeeler.blogspot.com (distro)
    www.chromepeelerrecords.bandcamp.com (digital)
  • I always liked the sound of jackhammers

Concrete Demolition:
    Maybe we're all retarded by virtue of being human. Long live the Yang Clan.
  • @chromepeelerrec Dang, you guys ARE everywhere! Jon from Skincage here. Nice to see you in this corner of the astral dustbin.
    "The bad news is, we're it. The good news is, we're enough."

Fill yr ears and eyes with perilous optimism and good ol' fashioned Southern drone music at:

http://bph235.squarespace.com/
  • Skweetis said:

I hope you've had the pleasure of seeing both these acts live.
    "The bad news is, we're it. The good news is, we're enough."

Fill yr ears and eyes with perilous optimism and good ol' fashioned Southern drone music at:

http://bph235.squarespace.com/
  • 3BlE3BlE
    Hrair
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4y6ZfeCncmQ

This is dark psy. Not really noise or anything. But the daughter of alber Hoffman makes the same genre of music under the name Nommos with her husband from CA goa gil
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!