armpit and leg hair on a woman
  • 200,000 B.C - 1900 A.D. -- women are good enough the way they are.

1900 - Present -- women are pressured to fit into the ever-shrinking cultural box that is the standard of feminine beauty.

• orgoneorgone
    I'm a Troll. Don't Feed Me.
    Armpit, sure. Leg... no. No.
  • If we grew up in a culture where women didn't shave body hair.... it wouldn't bother us in the slightest. It's just that we've been conditioned to think leg hair on women is gross.... but either way, in a parallel universe where women are hairy.... we would find other means of picking out what IS & ISN'T attractive to us males.

Same applies for makeup, if we lived in a culture where women didn't wear make up, we would find other aspects about them that we would have a strong preference for.

Being human is a pain in the ass.
    Post edited by Heeee at 2012-08-07 03:44:48
  • it doesn't matter to me at all...

but, if i'm dating a girl i couldn't deal with the leg hair. i know it's because i've been conditioned to think that way, and i'm aware of it, but it doesn't change the fact that i can't deal with it. there should not be a single hair below the waist as far as i'm concerned. maybe some peach fuzz on the back of the upper hamstring. mmm. yeah.

i wouldn't care if the girl i was dating had armpit hair though.
    Post edited by fnord at 2012-08-07 08:12:22
    sunt lacrimae rerum
  • I trimmed my balls for the first time in like a year, just recently. I swear I have the longest pubes ever.
  • Pit hair does not bother me. On certain women it can even be sexy.
    Fencesitter, eternal spoil sport.
  • dhizzo said:

I trimmed my balls for the first time in like a year, just recently. I swear I have the longest pubes ever.

Seriously... I appreciate @ladychef's sentiment but trimming my nether regions is something I'm fine with. I'd actually rather do that, regardless of what women think. Excessive pubes are nasty, and unnecessary.... we have the technology!

• No... they aren't. I assumed you were speaking in generalities
  • something to be said about evolution.
  • ladychef said:

Trimming and shaving are not the same thing.....are they?

I was just going to say. . .

You made it pretty clear that you meant shaving.

IMO, the reason why a lot of guys shave their balls is because they've run into a woman or two that wouldn't suck on our balls unless they were shaved. Maybe I'm the lone weirdo on that. To me, I can't imagine why a guy would do it otherwise, it's awkward as hell to shave and when the stubble comes back it's itchy as a MFer.
  • As far as women go, I don't know, I guess i'm brainwashed by what I am used to. I don't like armpit hair or leg hair. I mean, I can definitely deal with it, I don't expect my GF to never have stubble but generally, I prefer it hairless.
  • orgone said:

Armpit, sure. Leg... no. No.

I have the exact opposite philosophy.

Armpit, eeewww, all matted 'n sweaty after activity.
    Legs, whatevs, it's fuzzy and natural.
    I measured my waistline in planck lengths and now I feel awful.
    photo tmp_824317984_zps500a3873.jpeg
    Speak the mega cool, get funky as a goal.
  • orgoneorgone
    I'm a Troll. Don't Feed Me.
    Oh no, sweaty women... the horror...
  • ladychef said:

Trimming and shaving are not the same thing.....are they?

I was just going to say. . .

You made it pretty clear that you meant shaving.

IMO, the reason why a lot of guys shave their balls is because they've run into a woman or two that wouldn't suck on our balls unless they were shaved. Maybe I'm the lone weirdo on that. To me, I can't imagine why a guy would do it otherwise, it's awkward as hell to shave and when the stubble comes back it's itchy as a MFer.

Right, but I was referring to @ladychef's point that body hair control for men would eventually get to the level of expectation as it is now for women. My point being, I'm not against pube control for men within reason. Also, trimmed hair sometimes is stubbly. If your pubes are coarse and sea-urchin like, as mine are.
    Post edited by ehhrrwal at 2012-08-08 11:42:31
  • orgone said:

Oh no, sweaty women... the horror...

A sweaty woman is just fine. Mmhmm, yes sir, just fine.

Matted hair, not so much.
    I measured my waistline in planck lengths and now I feel awful.
    photo tmp_824317984_zps500a3873.jpeg
    Speak the mega cool, get funky as a goal.
  • I think armpit hair on women is appealing. I prefer smooth legs, but I don't really give a fuck, she can do what ever the hell she wants with her body.

People think men like skinny women because of magazines, the same goes for hair and makeup. The truth is, and as you see in majority here, we don't really give a fuck as long as in our eyes it doesn't look like a troll, and it has a vagina.
  • duncanduncan
    El-ahrairah
    I don't mind at all.

I find lack of empathy to be around 17 trillion times more repulsive.

• duncan said:

I don't mind at all.

I find lack of empathy to be around 17 trillion times more repulsive.

I agree with the second part.

But I am still a bit brainwashed by our ideas of beauty.

So for me:

Hairless girl who is empathetic > Hairy girl who is empathetic > Hairless girl who is apathetic > Hairy girl who is apathetic

It's not a big deal for me, but if I am asked about my preference, I'll take the hairless.
  • There's about to be some hairy fems when the Chaos Den goes live.

We can't encourage this! Next, they'll be out of the kitchen! Then what?!!
  • I've never been with a girl that had hairy legs, so I don't wanna say I wouldn't. Armpit hair, yes.
  • I dated a GORGEOUS hippy girl with armpit hair. I didn't mind her pit-bush but she was an exception (bc of her looks). She shaved her legs which I thought was hypocritical and when I told her that she agreed, and (thankfully) shaved her pits instead of growing her legs.
  • I dated a GORGEOUS hippy girl with armpit hair. I didn't mind her pit-bush but she was an exception (bc of her looks). She shaved her legs which I thought was hypocritical and when I told her that she agreed, and (thankfully) shaved her pits instead of growing her legs.

Result!
  • WTF synchronicity universe glitch

> read this thread yesterday (and posted in it).

> last night at the dog park i meet a girl with hair pokin out 'er pits and we chat it up for like two hours. girls with pit hair are an extremely rare occurence where i live. this ain't cali or NYC.

> wtf. mind. blown.
    sunt lacrimae rerum
  • Haha, I was just thinking about this very thing this morning. I was on the bus on the way to work and there was this beautiful girl sitting next to me. She had on a beautiful dress/skirt and some stunning legs. There was a little hair on those wonderful legs and I was thinking how good they looked that way. I then wondered if they were fully hairy, would I like them even more, or even less? I then wondered, why did women start shaving their legs in teh first place?
  • duncanduncan
    El-ahrairah
    I feel bad for girls who feel like they have to apologize because they haven't shaved their legs. If a girl is amazing stupid hairs are going to have 0 impact on my levels of attraction to her.

I went to a liberal arts school where shaving your legs would get you banished into the corn.
  • @duncan

that school sounds like the evergreen state college in olympia, wa. i lived there while i was coming of age and even though i never attended tesc, i tended to date greeners almost exclusively. there was hair sometimes, and sometimes there wasn't. it was never an issue. i really miss greener girls. if you ever get a chance to perform at the evergreen state college, or anywhere in olympia, you would be virtually guaranteed to have a huge pile of beautiful, patchouli-scented vaginas laden at your feet.
    Post edited by roblovesbeard at 2012-08-09 00:48:00
  • Oh, but then he'd have to smell patchouli. Yuk.
    "the idea is to remain in a state of constant departure while always arriving" - Boat Car Guy
  • oh, it's ok. i'm sure they all don't smell like patchouli. some of them probably smell like nag champa.
    Post edited by roblovesbeard at 2012-08-09 01:00:37
  • Super dark haired women can have some gnarly body hair. Anyone ever seen some nip hairs? I have (just a few straglers). That's a rabbit hole I don't wanna go down again.
  • Again: Who gives a fuck.
    I've got personality flaws that far out-strip looks.

• @samalligators - thank you! How many of the guys complaining about body hair are packing some old-growth forests themselves?

I just shaved this morning, out of personal choice, not to impress the man-folk. For the record, if you shave your legs every day then moisturize they stay silky soft, and rarely get ingrown hairs. Armpits are similar, but you'll always have armpit shadow.
    "the idea is to remain in a state of constant departure while always arriving" - Boat Car Guy

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!