Cops open-fire with bean bags & pepper balls at crowd throwing rocks & bottles

• is this real?
    Post edited by [Deleted User] at 2012-07-23 14:21:08
    STEAM:CTHULUTAUR--BLIZZARD:CTHULUTAUR#1837--TWITTER:@FUCKYRICKY--NOWFUTURE.TK
  • Ah yes another sign of the times. Fuckin A. You would think that every time one of these police brutality videos comes out that cops everywhere would start using a little restraint, but apparently not.
  • @quietthomas

Terrorism is the new communism of our times. It's the perfect tool to scare the people into submission. They feed off our fear to push their agenda, because fear weakens us. Pretty soon weed smokers will be labeled terrorists because we're buying it from drug dealers... which is somehow connected to the drug cartels according to uncle sam.
    Post edited by Heeee at 2012-07-23 01:12:58

Post edited by Heeee at 2012-07-23 01:15:39
  • Holy shit, that's crazy. I'm even more disturbed that I found myself saying "holy shit, that's Perd Hapley". I gotta stop watching so much TV.
  • Heeee said:

@Heeee good find.
  • fucking criminals
    (Q) Have I gone mad?

(A) I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. - Alice in Wonderland
  • Heeee said:

@quietthomas

Terrorism is the new communism of our times. It's the perfect tool to scare the people into submission. They feed off our fear to push their agenda, because fear weakens us. Pretty soon weed smokers will be labeled terrorists because we're buying it from drug dealers... which is somehow connected to the drug cartels according to uncle sam.

(Q) Have I gone mad?

(A) I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. - Alice in Wonderland
  • love those pics so much!!
    I like to have moments of novelty during everyday shitty moments
  • What the actual fuck?!

Discouraging. If these guys (the cops) weren't wearing uniforms...they'd be dead, or at least rotting in a dungeon somewhere. As they should be.
  • This shit really disturbs me. I have been living outside the US for only a month, but at this point I'm really not in any hurry to go back. Any Englanders want to put me up in October while my Schengen rights recharge? :)
    Play my weird art game at http://www.dexterlohnes.com
  • Reminds me of the batman shooter a wee bit.
  • it reminds me of the opening to that movie robocop right before they make the robocop
  • it reminds me of the opening to that movie robocop right before they make the robocop

As much as I wish America was a more peaceful country, I might wish more that Robocop was real.
  • The officer who let the dog get out of the patrol car, reportedly by accident?

I'm pretty sure this guy is always an asshole.
  • change the name of the youtube video
  • The same thing happened at WTO when people would throw rocks & objects at the riot police, they would shoot rubber bullets & tear gas back.

So who's the asshole? The families who brought their young children to a violent gathering? The people who threw rocks & bottles at armed police with young children present? The officers who shot non-lethal projectiles into a violent crowd with young children? The officer who let the dog get out of the patrol car, reportedly by accident?

I was at WTO (I only worked in the area--I was ignorant of politics at the time). But I stayed around after work every day and watched the protests. The clashes started because the protestors peacefully blocked the streets around the building where the WTO was going to meet. Rather than choose a new venue or delay the meeting, the police were given the green light to use force on peaceful protestors. Protestors threw gas cannisters back, but I'm unaware of any protestors throwing anything at police unless there was already a skirmish going on in the area.

Did you even watch the video? Did it look like people were bringing kids to a "violent gathering"? The whole crowd was women and children (with a few men), and they were all sitting on lawns like it was a picnic. The ONLY reason it was a violent gathering is because the police turned it into one.

So who's the asshole? Maybe the government apparatus (feds, police, mayor's office, whatever) that decides to respond to any public disturbance with paramilitary force. Maybe it's the asshole who decided to approve the liberal use of tasers, beanbag guns, LRAD's, tear gas, pepper spray, and dogs, because these are "non-lethal".
  • I guess it's acceptable when it's the Police doing it.

Move along, here come the enforcers with guns and war technology, if you do not disperse you will face the consequences.

I'll bet those families learned their lesson.
    Resistance is Futile, kids or not. we'll mow you down.
    Post edited by Todesangst at 2012-07-23 18:45:46
  • So, fighting back is considered a bad thing. Good to know.
    photo lao-tzu-field1copysmall.jpg
  • What if Marty had to prevent George from saving his mom and his mission was to let Biff rape her? That'd be fucking heavy.
  • same kinda situation
    (Q) Have I gone mad?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!