Astral projection
  • I was re-listening to the latest Pete Holmes DTFH yesterday and was thinking about astral projection. I met a guy a long time ago who claimed he used to astral project all the time. He'd meet up with others on the astral plane and sometimes be confronted by mysterious others who'd want to take him to "dark" (his words) places. I asked if he was ever afraid of not going back to his physical body and he talked about the silver cord. I asked if he'd watch girls showering or changing or other questions an 18 year old would ask, and he said he tried but not everyone's physical bodies show up in that universe. We had many conversations about this and he taught me various ways to get out of my body (all of which I found out later as legitimate ways to project).

However, despite all the work I put in at one time with this stuff, I've never been able to do any of it. Somehow, my efforts improved my ability to lucid dream, but I've never been able to get out of my body the way he claimed was possible. This has made me an astral projection skeptic, but not to the point of fully losing interest in trying to do it.

Do any of you have any experience with this? Or know someone who claims they've done it?
    Post edited by Satan at 2012-07-22 15:04:34
    "Say my name three times and I'll appear and hold your balls." --Duncan
  • Astral projection is just one of many different types of lucid dreaming, which all take place in different dimensions.
    The only thing worth doing is that which I can do by will alone... everything else is just passing time. (*)
  • How do you know? My lucid dreams don't seem like I'm really out of my body.
    Post edited by Satan at 2012-07-22 15:12:13
  • How can I possibly prove it to you?
    The only thing worth doing is that which I can do by will alone... everything else is just passing time. (*)
  • You can't, which is okay because no one really can. I think, like Pete on the podcast, I want something more concrete, but I don't think I can get that without first hand experience.
  • @ledhead999 meet @joseph on the Astral Plane and confirm it, of course :)
    こたえは いつも 私のむねに。
  • @mage_slayer420 Hah! If only I could get there....
  • The only thing worth doing is that which I can do by will alone... everything else is just passing time. (*)
  • It's not bogus. I have done it a couple of times, but more in the OBE sense (meaning I didn't enter another plane, but stayed in this reality). The first time I got as far as out in space... nowadays I don't get past my street... and also, there's this annoying thing (unknown fear in the subconscious manifesting as a violent entity trying to block my way). Basically I before I even get the chance to slowly separate myself from my body this manifested entity rips out my astral body in one huge swoop and drags me along the hallway superfast... I'm so startled that I just flail wildly until it lose it's grip and then I am backlashed into my body again... really fucking annoying.
  • I've had two types of experiences. One is a vague, dreamlike state with various images, symbols, and people collected from my own mind, and the other is moving around in physical space. The latter has much more clarity than the former.

Whether it's Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming or OBE I don't know, but then I'm not sure I care, and I'm not sure there is any difference between them or for that matter between them and reality.
    Love is what occurs when the universe recognizes itself for what it is.
    owlsa support waned RIP orgone

• Whether it's Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming or OBE I don't know, but then I'm not sure I care, and I'm not sure there is any difference between them or for that matter between them and reality.

I feel the same way about a lot of things in which quantification or analysis is highly subjective (and I'm sorry, @ledhead999, for my terribly cheeky "How do you know?" earlier). It's like a psychedelic trip, in which it could mean everything in the world or nothing at all. I like to accept lucid dreams, astral projection, shroom trips, et cetera just for what they are, nothing more. Of course, it's fun to wonder, but in the end you will probably never know what any of this means? There's no fun in not seeking, though.
  • You don't have to apologize to me for anything you ever think, say or do. The proof is always going to be in the experience - it needs to be subjective. You're only real choice is deciding whether or not you're going to enjoy it & you decide w/ every thought that crosses your MIND that you accept as being true. You can believe whatever the fuck you want - once you know... you'll eventually want to forget that you know.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!