The Duncan Trussell Family Hour
| PETE HOLMES
  • 
The Duncan Trussell Family Hour  
  | PETE HOLMES The Duncan Trussell Family Hour | PETE HOLMES
    http://duncantrussell.com/pete-holmes-2/

The Duncan Trussell Family Hour! Where comedian Duncan Trussell explores the outer reaches of the multiverse.

• Dearest Duncan,

...I just slipped off my chair.
    Love always,

Slip&Slide
    [xoxox #DTFH #YMIW]
    "I licked the frosting off my cupcake.. and was left with muffin."
    JBirch
  • 6is96is9
    Hrair
    It's just me, my cow and the mud!
  • dude I have had tonsil stones. it was so cool when duncan mentioned this
  • funniest intro yet! bonehead for life
  • Oh no he didn't...
  • nordicpheasantnordicpheasant
    I'm a Troll. Don't Feed Me., Banned
    Pretty sure thats the nigga Brendan Walsh. Yall need to check out homezone #2, people at work thought I was crazy how hard it got me rollin.
    celticrebel.wordpress.com
    http://freedompup.com/
    Cant wait till XL pyramid shirts are back. I ripped mine on a barb wired fence and ruined it.

This shit was around long before the kabbalah, the kabbalah is just shit stolen or referenced from ancient Greek, Arab, and Asian teachings.

@duncan if you want more info on the kabbalah ask Ari Shaffir or be a guest on this dudes amazing radion show http://illuminatusobservor.blogspot.com/
    Post edited by nordicpheasant at 2012-07-14 05:33:15
  • I'm surprised that Pete isn't keeping a dream journal. My experience with one makes me think it's the easiest way to practice astral projection. It's clear that the details of dreams become clearer, more vivid and numerous by committing them to recall centers, and writing down every detail remembered from the dream upon waking yields amazing results. It wasn't long after I started journaling that I discovered the walls of the room I was in were covered in corduroy cotton, light brown and fuzzy with a very narrow wale, maybe 12/in.; and not long after that I could make them cotton candy or anything else I wanted. So I think Pete could see the drywall and dust he wanted from his dreamt paper wall if he writes down notes on such specifics after each dream. Simple exposition is all you need, don't interpret - just report. Every detail, every time. But beware, everybody's mind is a rabbit hole, you'd better be ready for what dreams may come.
    Post edited by authorgasm at 2012-07-14 07:21:33
  • Pete Holmes is my favorite guest!
  • I love the lucid dreaming bits. The way I see the dream world existing is that it is kind of like an ever shifting realm of ideas and memories, the dreams and memories of all conscious beings. Artists often seem to summon more than create. The dream world is where the summoned things take form and dwell for all time. Why would you not see modern symbols such as Beavis also with ancient symbols. Psychedelic realms share a lot of similarities with the dream realms but are distinct, possibly due to the fact that throughout time it's always been easier to dream than trip, which means the psychedelic realms have had less influence from the "standard" person. I don't know.

ps: nicotine patches help me to have much more vivid dreams that are easier to "break into."
    Post edited by DrRobb at 2012-07-14 07:43:53
  • Fantastic. Rubbing jizz onto my neck right now. Broseph.
    photo lao-tzu-field1copysmall.jpg
  • Gaaaddamn! This podcast is awesome!
    I'm loving the recent little skits too (higgs,snake)
    Thanks Duncan! Ur awesome
    Also glad to be seeing 2 in a week!! Made my day.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] at 2012-07-14 12:55:29
  • That was definitely Brendan Walsh at the beginning.
  • jake
    Hrair
    that was possibly the funniest shit i have ever heard
  • "Dumb Tits"... for some reason the way you said that had me rolling. Awesome EP!
    "Things are Tough All Over Man" - Chong

http://www.SpinalFlubber.com
  • hup
    Post edited by MagicMouth at 2013-12-29 09:27:55
  • "BARK bark BARK." "Hold on baby I'll be back in a second" fucking great
  • the masturbation stuff is real. check out http://www.reddit.com/r/nofap
  • Is it me or does Snake sound like Brendan Walsh? ;)
  • hahahaha. fuckin love brendon walsh/snake!!!

what gave it away is th use of the abbreviation PJ for pussy juice.

listen to the bonezone... it's art! just like the dtfh
    !!!
  • KHAN
    Owsla
    You guys think that was the real Snake?
  • @khan...the snake that can be named is not the true snake
    Eyes that have seen will know what I mean - Todd Rundgren
  • Love the podcast. Best episode so far.
  • Doing my morning routine to this podcast made for a pleasant time. Pete Holmes is one of my favorite people to listen to, and I've listened to his other two Duncan talks (one on DTFH, the other on YMIW) more times than any other podcast.
    "Say my name three times and I'll appear and hold your balls." --Duncan
  • Beavis dream had me rolling, very unique podcast you have here Duncan.
  • first five minutes had me in tears

the DTFH just went to the next level
  • Is it just me or does brendon do a spot on Mtch hedberg impression?
  • piezopiezo
    Ternary
    Every episode keeps me laughing. Love it.

Btw, I'm the guy that made the screen print, and I'm so glad that it's hanging. :D
  • lol, brendon walsh head on criss angel body
  • my favorite parts:
    Post edited by optimisto at 2012-07-14 19:57:07
    When in doubt zoom out
  • Anyone know the intro song before the interview with pete??
  • "Angel on my Bike" by The Wallflowers
  • Pete mentioned towards the end that he'd ordered some type of plant matter to assist him with lucid dreaming. I'm guessing it was either Calea Zacatechichi or possibly Mugwort. Both are documented at the Erowid site. Some people report success with these plants, but they don't seem to have much effect for most people, myself included. Calea Zacatechichi tea is just about the most horrible tasting concoction imaginable, far worse than Ayahuasca even. Some people have reported having horrible allergic reactions to it, so try chewing a tiny bit and waiting for ill effects before actually ingesting any.

Melatonin pills, for me at least, are EXTREMELY powerful dream enhancers. 3 mg ususally does it, but one time I took a 5 mg pill and had a incredibly vivid two hour dream where it seemed a couple days elapsed. I witnessed some type of Cthulhu mythos type apocalypse where towering stone temples sprouted from the earth and eventually came to life, with enormous serpents stretching between them. Everyone was compelled to swarm into the temples and swear obeisance to the snake god. So yeah, political alternatives do exist.

The new ALPHA Duncan probably shouldn't bother with dream enhancers, though. Now that he's manned up and fucking bitches he should take roids and coke so he can stay awake all night and FUCK MORE BITCHES. Fuck all that other punk ass bitch hippy bullshit!
  • Duncan posted the intro on YouTube. I've listened about 5 times today. Kills me every time.

I blow my load over the status quo.
  • JDMVJDMV
    Hrair
    loved it. I wish Duncan had clones so we could benefit from 400% more podcast.
    Chaos Poster #390
  • Loved this podcast man, and thanks to your skit I got laid 2 times before the episode was over
  • Duncan these new prepared bits you do at the beginning of each podcast is taking it to the next level. I love it!
  • I miss teacup piiiig.
    Post edited by deadlights at 2012-07-15 13:02:10
  • Man, @duncan said he doesn't believe that people get giggly when they take mushrooms. I had my first trip a month and a half ago and I giggled for (assuming my grasp on time was still there) 15-20 minutes. It didn't last all of the way through the trip, but I certainly had a giggle fit. Even to the point that I scared myself I was laughing so much. It was pretty fun. Anyone else have giggle fits?

I'm also upset I've never seen demon-like pixies prancing across my frontal lobe.
  • 6is96is9
    Hrair
    Good lord I have been on both sides of that. I've gone into esoteric world where you dare not laugh and I have spent trips where it was basically laughing yoga and there is no way to get the permagrin off of your face. Been a few times where it is hard to stop laughing. A lot of times my friends and I have ended up laughing our asses off just realizing how fucking far out there we are, or you start talking about what one is seeing and realizing you are both having a completely synchronized trip. The psychedelics are trickster's and I have found that they like to give me hearty belly laughs - a lot. I had some clown acid when I was a teen, but I have never seen one on a trip thank god.
  • such a good podcast<3
    こたえは いつも 私のむねに。
  • @6is9 Clown acid?
  • mushrooms & house music you say? ZentripZ Independent Radio
    You bet! Thank you for all the inspiration.
    Post edited by mikescalco at 2012-07-15 15:46:23
    catch our latests video mixes & all our work at:
    http://zentripzedm.com
  • mushrooms & house music you say?

ZentripZ Independent Radio

You bet! Thank you for your inspiration!
    Post edited by mikescalco at 2012-07-15 15:56:26
    catch our latests video mixes & all our work at:
    http://zentripzedm.com
  • 6is96is9
    Hrair
    @StarIV it was on blotter exactly like this. The colour's were switched around on each hit. Back in the late 80's...

Post edited by 6is9 at 2012-07-15 15:49:49
  • Ohhhhhh. I've not done acid yet and I tend to forget that there are images on the paper. It makes a lot more sense now. I don't think I would take clown acid. That image makes me very uncomfortable.

It also makes me want ice cream.
  • That was probably my favorite episode in awhile. Keep it up Duncan.
    Until the 20th century, reality was everything humans could touch, smell, see and hear. Since the initial publication of the charted electromagnetic spectrum, humans learned that what they can touch, smell, see, and hear... is less than one millionth of reality.
  • Pete mentioned towards the end that he'd ordered some type of plant matter to assist him with lucid dreaming. I'm guessing it was either Calea Zacatechichi or possibly Mugwort. Both are documented at the Erowid site. Some people report success with these plants, but they don't seem to have much effect for most people, myself included. Calea Zacatechichi tea is just about the most horrible tasting concoction imaginable, far worse than Ayahuasca even. Some people have reported having horrible allergic reactions to it, so try chewing a tiny bit and waiting for ill effects before actually ingesting any.

Melatonin pills, for me at least, are EXTREMELY powerful dream enhancers. 3 mg ususally does it, but one time I took a 5 mg pill and had a incredibly vivid two hour dream where it seemed a couple days elapsed. I witnessed some type of Cthulhu mythos type apocalypse where towering stone temples sprouted from the earth and eventually came to life, with enormous serpents stretching between them. Everyone was compelled to swarm into the temples and swear obeisance to the snake god. So yeah, political alternatives do exist.

The new ALPHA Duncan probably shouldn't bother with dream enhancers, though. Now that he's manned up and fucking bitches he should take roids and coke so he can stay awake all night and FUCK MORE BITCHES. Fuck all that other punk ass bitch hippy bullshit!

Melatonin gives me crazy vivid dreams also. Every now and then I have a really dark twisted nightmare though...

I am thinking of going to see Pete Holmes at the Stress Factory in Dirty Jerzy... Should I put on a Bevis mask during his show haha

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!