The Mindscape of Alan Moore
  • http://www.hulu.com/watch/202240/the-mindscape-of-alan-moore
    Awesome doc! I'd love to see him on the show.
  • For people outside the US :
  • I've seen it twice, I can't can't find the grant morrison doc anywhere on the web though
    "It's blue cheese dressing or go fuck your mother"
  • Post edited by guestwho at 2012-05-30 20:10:43
  • Thanks I'll watch these for sure!
  • sweet that just made my night guestwho
  • for me dog, it's Alan Moore's Swamp Thing or go fuck your mother
  • NaterNater
    Hrair
    This gold belongs in the Comics/Graphic novels thread!

http://duncantrussell.com/forum/discussion/1713/comicsgraphic-novels#Item_76

I just watched a clip of the mindscapes documentary and was looking on amazon for Moore's swamp thing and Morrison's Animal Man. Synchronicity like a boss!
  • NaterNater
    Hrair
    I wonder if it's possible to say Moore's name in a comic book conversation without someone also bringing up Morrison. Any love for Neil Gaiman?
  • Nater said:

This gold belongs in the Comics/Graphic novels thread!

http://duncantrussell.com/forum/discussion/1713/comicsgraphic-novels#Item_76

I just watched a clip of the mindscapes documentary and was looking on amazon for Moore's swamp thing and Morrison's Animal Man. Synchronicity like a boss!

If possible get the love and death story arc (starting at issue 28) on original comic format.
    YOU WON'T REGRET IT
    Post edited by bummerhigh at 2012-05-31 16:28:12
  • KHANKHAN
    Owsla
    I loved when he started talking about magic. I think Duncan would have a better chance of getting Grant Morrison on the podcast.

Anyone read From Hell or see the movie?
    If you see Buddha on the forum, ban him.
  • @Nater I have this idea that Alan Moore and Grant Morrison are grand sorcerers locked in an eternal battle. This incarnation it just so happens that Comics are their weapon of choice.

I love Neil. Sandman was my introduction to comics. I've got those bitches in Absolute form.

@KHAN reading From Hell is an amazing experience. The chapter where they tour the Occult layout of London made my hair stand on end.
  • Moore's explanation of magic is pretty interesting. His idea of the Bard made me think about rappers casting spells on each other.

Is the full version of this one online anywhere?

• I looooove Voice of the Fire. Especially the last story... Psychogeography, it's a thing.
  • @thatdude21601 As far as i know the Warren Ellis doc is not out till august.
  • for me dog, it's Alan Moore's Swamp Thing or go fuck your mother

My favourite story of Alan Moore's is a one-off he did for the first issue of Wildstorm Presents. Its plot involved Mr Majestic, an immortal, at the end of time. For me, the story was so profoundly interesting and has stayed with me ever since. For this issue alone -- (I've only got a handful from his Swamp Thing run, and a few other comics he did) -- he is among my favourite comic book writers. Neil Gaiman also makes the list, but I'm afraid Grant Morrison doesn't, if only because I'm only familiar with his one issue many moons ago on Spawn.

Lately I've really been enjoying Scott Snyder's writing with the rebooted Batman, not to mention Greg Capullo's art. It's a good book; check it out if you ain't heard!
    "Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery! Fiendish Doctor Wu, you done fucked up now!"
  • Thanks @BigNasty

Allan (Quartermain) and the Sundered Veil is fantastic. It's a short story contained in the first run of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, about Quartermain going on a DMT/Ibogaine style trip and forseeing essentially the start of the comic. Already a big fan of H Rider Haggard's Quartermain, so it comes off like the best fan fiction ever.

Might be my favorite Alan Moore story, but I really love V.

• mrlagace said:

for me dog, it's Alan Moore's Swamp Thing or go fuck your mother

My favourite story of Alan Moore's is a one-off he did for the first issue of Wildstorm Presents. Its plot involved Mr Majestic, an immortal, at the end of time. For me, the story was so profoundly interesting and has stayed with me ever since. For this issue alone -- (I've only got a handful from his Swamp Thing run, and a few other comics he did) -- he is among my favourite comic book writers. Neil Gaiman also makes the list, but I'm afraid Grant Morrison doesn't, if only because I'm only familiar with his one issue many moons ago on Spawn.

Lately I've really been enjoying Scott Snyder's writing with the rebooted Batman, not to mention Greg Capullo's art. It's a good book; check it out if you ain't heard!

Finally New 52 Batman love! Greg Capullo is the shit! Scott Snyder is doing amazing things with the character, the "maze" issue freaked me out.
  • ive never really looked into who alan moore is until now. damn this doc is fascinating
    こたえは いつも 私のむねに。

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!