Mysteries of the Pyramids
  • This is a pretty good documentary that sums up a lot of the mysteries surrounding the pyramids.

Ignore the 'doom and gloom' nonsense at the end. I don't buy that for a minute, but the rest of it is well worth watching.
    The future ahead of us is beyond our wildest imaginings. It can't be any other way. Business as usual is off the menu.
  • @Gubermensch If that's true, that doesn't change anything, or lesson the mystery surrounding the pyramids. For one, there is far more substantial evidence to suggest that the blocks were quarried as they were in other ancient sites. In fact, there are well known sites where quarried rocks were left abandoned because of cracks that developed during the process. There are also places in the pyramids, and surrounding sites, where the rocks are cut into complex geometrical shapes so that they fit snugly and protect the site from slippage during an earthquake. The same building technique existed half the world away in almost all of the central and south american sites from Teotihuacan to Macchu Picchu,

My particular interest, and what I find most fascinating, isn't necessarily the logistical accomplishments, though those are astonishing because we cannot to this day accomplish some of them, but the mathematical and geographic ones. Given that the west didn't rediscover pi or phi, until the 5th century BC, it's intriguing that a culture demonstrated such complex mathematical knowledge. They also lie in the exact center of all the land area of the world, dividing the earth's land mass into approximately equal quarters, and their facades line up to the cardinal directions within a minute fraction of a degree. The north-south axis (31 degrees east of Greenwich) is the longest land meridian, and the east-west axis (30 degrees north) is the longest land parallel on the globe.

It also is mysterious that egypt seemingly appears out of nowhere chronologically. There's very little cultural evidence from a pre pyramid era, and then anachronistically, Egyptians developed into a great pyramid building civilization, with agriculture and a complex social organization. Then, the building quality of the later pyramids, which one would expect to increase, inexplicably decreases. The pyramids of the later pharaohs are all in ruins for the most part.

I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT ALIENS MADE THE PYRAMIDS. I do however believe that human civilization is far older than we believe, and that is the mystery. The Sphynx, for example, has deep crevasses along it's back which many geologists argue could only be made by water erosion. The last time that the giza plateau experienced rainfall in significant quantities was 12,000 years ago, however we only date the structures in Giza to roughly 2500 BC. Egypt isn't the only mysterious ancient structure.

A lot of this, I got from Graham Hancock, who believes that there was an ancient civilization that was decimated by cataclysm. They spread out across the globe bringing this knowledge to our ancestors. He documents across the world depictions of bearded European looking men who came with god-like abilities. If you haven't done so, check out Fingerprints of the Gods.
    The future ahead of us is beyond our wildest imaginings. It can't be any other way. Business as usual is off the menu.
  • @Klorptar

Responses in order:

The components of the limestone mix were quarried and hauled, yes.

The blocks at the quarry site could very well have been quality control. Formed, sample blocks to ensure quality throughout the material procurement process. Pics? Proof they're from millennias ago?

Macchu Picchu was constructed with manageable blocks of stone and cementitious mortar, not multi-ton blocks.

Take a course in surveying and astrology. What they accomplished is profound, but feasible.

Check out where Cairo, Egypt is on the map. Is it not obvious why such a large civilization developed at the geographical bottleneck between Africa and Eurasia? Imagine how easy it would be to coerce and entice a constant flow of migrants to remain - especially considering how profound the transition from the cut-throat, scarcity of the African deserts and jungles to a civilization of abundance and order must of been.

To comment on the insufficient quality of the post-Great Pyramid era we'd have to have in-depth knowledge of the Egyptian State and the geopolitical relations with the surrounding areas at the time.

I don't see how the Sphynx fact is relevant, but I don't disagree.
  • holstholst
    Hrair
    OP's video is a documentary called "Revelation of the Pyramids" if anyone wants to find it in better quality and watch it later. really good video from a factual point...shows just how insane the math is that went into the pyramids, and how other structures from all around the world were involved with each other.
    Turn on, tune in, drop out

...but most of all, stay black.
  • @Gubermensch
    Perhaps that's true about the quarried rocks, it doesn't diminish the feat.

What you said about Macchu Picchu isn't exactly right. Yes, some stones were small and manageable, but many stones weigh over 50 tons and the biggest one has over 120 tons. In fact, the Spaniards, when they discovered it tried to recreate it, and many were killed when a rock being hauled up the mountain tumbled down. Many were also cut into complex geometric shapes as they were in the pyramids to withstand earthquakes.

Profound and feasible, but astounding given the accepted timeline of human history and when the west rediscovered those sciences.

And the sphinx is relevant because it may demonstrate that Egypt is, in fact, far older than we suspect.

Also interesting to note, and they don't talk about this in the documentary explicitly, but many of the stone vases and bowls discovered were carved from the inside out, and we have no clue how they did it.

The mystery isn't just the pyramids, it's who the ancients (not just Egyptian) were, and it's worth looking into further if you're interested. I think it's fascinating.
  • Been to the pyramids in giza, they were utter shit. They look a lot better in photographs..

Also I'm not sure people know but there are a row of pyramids there, it goes from smallest to biggest, you can see they were testing how to build this stuff....Now the smallest one really looks like fucking dog shit.

Now I'm not saying what they did is not utterly amazing, I'm just saying, its not aliens.
  • @dizweld the smaller ones are dated later in Egyptian history than the great pyramids. Like I said, it's not just the pyramids that are the mystery.
  • @Klorptar

In order:

The feat was engineered, not a mystery. The point, right?

The 120 ton stone is completely false.

This is a 6-ton granite block, show me something larger than this. You're referring to an assembly of masonry, not individual stone blocks.
    Photobucket

What sciences? You're explaining basic construction engineering - surveying, cast-in-place concrete (Form-work), a bit of astrology. What is the mystery? Everything "mysterious" was understood and carried out at that point in human history. Just because the masses today still don't understand the methodology required for such a feat, doesn't make it a mystery, it just makes it timelessly meritable.

Egypt is old.

-

The ancients were a lot like us.

Photobucket
  • @Gubermensch This picture is from the fortress in Cuzco. And, yes, some of the blocks do in fact weigh over 120 tons.

The mystery I'm referring to was how anachronistic the ancients were. Yes, they're (astonishing) feats of engineering. I'm not arguing for miracles. But modern historians and anthropologists, for instance, attribute the buildings at Cuzco to the Incas who, at the time, did not even have the wheel.

Similarly, in Egypt, we attribute these great feats of engineering that rival modern civilization and demonstrate a deep understanding of complex mathematics, to a culture that, chronologically, is at the infancy of human civilization.

My point is that there's strong evidence that alludes to a civilization that extends temporally far beyond the historically accepted start of civilization 5000 years ago and were, more than likely, connected across vast stretches of ocean. We know absolutely nothing about those people. That is the mystery.
  • @Klorptar
    Sure, I agree.

I need some information on the stones in that picture. I can break it down. Help. :p

• The future ahead of us is beyond our wildest imaginings. It can't be any other way. Business as usual is off the menu.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!