The Duncan Trussell Family Hour
| Joey Diaz and Earl White
  • 
The Duncan Trussell Family Hour  
  | Joey Diaz and  Earl White The Duncan Trussell Family Hour | Joey Diaz and Earl White
    http://duncantrussell.com/joey-diaz-and-earl-white/

The Duncan Trussell Family Hour! Where comedian Duncan Trussell explores the outer reaches of the multiverse.

• messimessi
    Hrair
    Oh yes here we go
    am i a good boy?

it doesn't have to be anything

will u sign my petition to change the name of our planet from Earth to Poor Thing?
  • Thank you CIA!!
  • Oh hell yes!!!!
    Slaying vampires 24/7
  • messimessi
    Hrair
    am i a good boy?

it doesn't have to be anything

will u sign my petition to change the name of our planet from Earth to Poor Thing?
  • golden! thank you so much for bringing on the earthman.
    Post edited by rebus_minus at 2012-05-16 02:16:09
    Om Ah Hum Vajra Guru Padma Siddhi Hum
  • BOOM!
    i think today is a day for tacos
  • Bad ass podcast.

This guy was made to be on podcasts with Duncan. He's easy to listen to, knowledgeable, humble and just a terrific source of info.

The dynamic of all three of them was amazing. Joey went deep with Duncan but was still typically Joey.

Loved this podcast.
  • Superb podcast.
  • TND
    Hrair
    So great!
  • Awesome podcast, loved it.
  • Earl White told me I should stop masturbating...

Sent from my rotary phone.
  • Nappi
    Hrair
    Powerful episode, definitely one that I need to listen more then once.
  • nordicpeasantnordicpeasant
    I'm a Troll. Don't Feed Me.
    beauty, remember our anscestors, they were not as dumb as we are told by the tv, maybe ignorant of somethings but that is fine
    Post edited by nordicpeasant at 2012-05-18 11:17:53
    http://www.jewsagainstzionism.com/
    My dog was beautiful if you disagree you are a tard
  • "heaven is home and earth is the marketplace - what will you bring home?"
    Sent from my rotary phone.
    great conversation
    Post edited by nordicpeasant at 2012-05-16 15:19:35
  • Powerful podcast. I listened to it just before I went to sleep and had some crazy dreams full of symbolism and ritual which I woke up feeling strangely empowered by. Earl's an interesting cat, I'd love to hear him on with Joey again. I definitely have to take stock of what I'm bringing to the marketplace.

I am sure i stole this quote from someone if anyone knows who said it let me know.

"They have taken our spirituality and given us religion"

I don't know who said that exact quote but it reminds me of this one.

“Every day people are straying away from the church and going back to God.” - Lenny Bruce
  • This is a beautiful learning experience. Yet another session of love expanding glory with Mr. Trussell!
    "Man is an artifact designed for space travel. He is not designed to remain in his present biologic state any more than a tadpole is designed to remain a tadpole." - William S. Burroughs
  • Beautiful definitely is the word.

It was wonderful to listen to.
    Love is what occurs when the universe recognizes itself for what it is.
    owlsa support waned RIP orgone
  • what a treat! thank you. furthermore..

the freak-out continues. i too am marveling at th wonders of breast-feeding as we just had our 1st baby girl. amazing how backwards our world has become.

Super Nova Skylar Angelina

catch our latests video mixes & all our work at:
    http://zentripzedm.com
  • Earl White told me I should stop masturbating...

Well, I take back everything good I just said about Earl White. That's just crazy talk...

• uiuuiu
    Hrair
    Super interesting! I would like to hear more from Earl White.
    I am learning too many fascinating things everyday, i geek out on one thing and then am blasted by the genius of Earl White.
    Post edited by nordicpeasant at 2012-05-16 15:22:42
  • PaulPaul
    Hrair
    When I first heard Joey Diaz on the Rogan podcast I was enamoured, but my general idea of him was "Wow, that guy is a fucking crazy man!"

After listening to these last two podcasts with him and Duncan I am moved to tears by his words and experiences. It's a major lesson for me about the different lives that people live and how we can never pass judgement on others because not only do we not know their experiences, but they too are just another part of us.

This podcast was filled with such wisdom, kindness and positivity. I am so grateful for it.
  • Thanks for another great podcast!

Duncan you mentioned you want to think about adding video to it and making it a video podcast!
  • Duncan, Joey and Earl! Many thanks! That was just delightful. Please, you and Mr. White need to hang out more. In these words, we honor thee! Haha.

Someone needs to make a sincere movie about Arjuna and Sri Krishna on that battlefield and the conversation they had (ancient format of podcasting?), that became the Bhagavad Gita. Or maybe not... actually, nah. it;ll probably suck if we blaspheme it that way
    !!!
  • This episode, like every episode so far of the Duncan Trussell Family Hour, continues to exceed my highest expectations. I loved every sweet crispy crunchy second of it. My favorite parts are when you can hear Earl say to Joey how much he likes Duncan. :)
  • sitarsitar
    Hrair
    I really enjoyed. I live in the city, and I brush elbows with black men and women who wear beads all the time. It was nice to have some more insight into the culture, and I'm inspired to have some new conversations with the people in my neighborhood.

Also, that's a big questions, how do you change your path, your character. I was told that the Hanuman Chalisa has the power to change destiny. It's my regular chant practice, and its been my experience that it helps alot. I know when I need to double up on it, and I've seen what happens when I skip it, or let it fall by the wayside. Of course, I'm not saying that its the thing for everyone, everyone has their own constitution. But I think what Earl said was key, you wake up, and you say a prayer.
    Mr. Takahashi would like to see you all in his office now

sitaramdas.com
    @sitaramdas
  • This is one of if not my favorite episodes. Joey Diaz is the man. I have told any and all that will listen to me about the benefits this podcast will bring into your life. Great insights Duncan. I CANNOT wait for the sequel. Keep up the good work you characters!!!
  • zachszachs
    Hrair
    Amazing podcast! I was having a kind of boring day, but after I got back from lunch I put on my headphones and hit play on this podcast. It has been entertaining me ever since, and I'm feeling a ton of positivity now. So many good bits of knowledge on how to improve your life, and reminders that you have to treat yourself with love.

• Paul said:

When I first heard Joey Diaz on the Rogan podcast I was enamoured, but my general idea of him was "Wow, that guy is a fucking crazy man!"

After listening to these last two podcasts with him and Duncan I am moved to tears by his words and experiences. It's a major lesson for me about the different lives that people live and how we can never pass judgement on others because not only do we not know their experiences, but they too are just another part of us.

This podcast was filled with such wisdom, kindness and positivity. I am so grateful for it.

Yep, this is exactly how I felt. I love Joey Diaz but these last two podcasts have really gone deeper than usual. It was awesome to see.

Don't get me wrong, I love hearing Joey talking about prison, susquahanna weed, and licking assholes. But it was really interesting to see the spiritual side of a dude like Coco.

• nocusnocus
    Hrair
    why cut out pussy and vagina during the mommy shout out at the beginning?
  • This podcast meant so much to me! This Earl White guy knows what's up, I could have listened to him talk all day long. Character, character, character. I won't forget this.
  • that was beautiful, learned a lot. also, i love the african language it's so cool
  • This is an amazing podcast. Between this and the previous one with MadFlavor, I am beyond inspired.

To top it off the Nick Drake song at the end was amazing, I immediately went and bought it...it's now part of my normal rotation.

I am so grateful that I have access to such wonderful discussions. THIS is why I fucking love the internet.
  • This was very entertaining and the concepts were clearly explained, which is a sign of someone that understands the concepts clearly. The message is completely positive and logical; the emphasis on building good character in all things is very similar to Stoic thought. I can relate.
    "Ultimately, nothing in this life is “commonplace,” nothing is “in between.” The threads that join your every act, your every thought, are infinite. All paths of mastery eventually merge." - George Leonard
  • this podcast is so good, IT'S SPOOKY
  • all due respek.. after killing the cat my curiosity did a google search & found this..

"Alaafia is Not an Afrikan Word Nor Does It Mean Peace.
    Copyright 2007 by HRM Daa Ahosu Fawesagu Agbosi I"

you decide.. Read more here..
    Post edited by mikescalco at 2012-05-17 09:04:33
    catch our latests video mixes & all our work at:
    http://zentripzedm.com
  • ByronByron
    Hrair
    Man, what an awesome episode!
  • I fell asleep to it (intentionally) and woke up to that great Nick Drake tune.

Man, he was a good song writer. His last album, "Pink Moon" is SO fucking beautiful.

Post edited by kulashaker at 2012-05-17 14:17:30
    Am I Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.
  • Another great podcast. Earl White is the epitome of what religious guides should be. He makes great analogies to his own ideas and principles while respecting the viewpoints from other religions. I have been an atheist/guy who doesn't believe in a humanoid god for a long time now. Spirituality has definitely been one aspect in my life that I have needed to explore and thanks to Duncan, you guys and the podcast guests, I am able to get a lot of different "out of the box" perspectives. The opposite of what was available during my formative years at school.
  • "Watch your thoughts for they will become your words. Watch your words for they will become your actions. Watch your actions for they will become your habits. Watch your habits for they will become your character. Watch your character for it will become your destiny." Author unknown
    Blissfully adrift in an undulating field of infinite variables.
  • Is Earl White just Tracey Morgan?
    Ok, sorry bad joke. Or, as Arsenio Hall would say, slapping his wrist, "bad host" (I have very bad eyes, so gimmie a break)

So, I think the consensus is that this was one of THE best podcasts almost ever recorded. I wish it had gone on 3 hrs. Way didn't it. That guy was incredibly intelligent and knows his faith well.

TO BE CONTINUED....

Brandon

Now,there were a couple of weird interpersonal dynamics going on because Earl White, while very much trained in these occulted arts had moments when he changed his tone of voice. He was a sort of chameleon. He started not really knowing maybe too, too much about how well-read @Duncan and thus went into what I call "Guru Mode."

guru mode is basically this: one person has a certain type of knowledge you seek, and then the Guru makes it complicated through language and sheer number of deities much like India. If you noticed D learned much of the language first. And I love theres still data that language developed from song. I think it's obvious but that's another story.

Before I forget, why did Dunc have to have the photo of the guy who knew everthing about you?

Anyway, D is also, as Earl White clearly recognized, well-versed in World Religions, and knows the guru game. See, Nirvana, God, Atman, Tao, can be experienced right now this very second. Duncan really showed his skill here and I think maybe Earl had a deeper ynfee

Now, friends,anyone who needs a psy haotrist should have their head examined, as Alan Wattz, the most fluent Spiritual "enterataiber" of the 20th Cebtury. I know his son Mark, very litigous (made Lorenzo from Psychedelic Salon take down the Watts content...he even wrote "Ill have you served by the end of the week." whoa.) and I helped with tje documentry he's pitting together about his Dad. It's one thing to read "Zen Effects" an objective bio and the autobio "In My Own Way."

btw brat part of Zen effects is that Watts had 3 or 4 children, and would "lovingly guide them through LSD" if they wanted, and when they were of age.

TO BE CONTINUED...
    Faithfully Yours,
    Brandon
    PS @Duncan I know you're reading that ONE book on the Catholic Church, but once you see the Sistene Chapel while in love and go through Borgia Apts, and get a broad view you'll change your mind. ANY institutions or power structure will have abuse. Even on a small collective scale, the pyramid is Nature, Hierarchy is Natural. The Geat Chain of Being"
    thanx Joey Diaz for sticking up for Catholicism a bit. He slammed the Preist, or patron, NOT Christ or The Church, which is Her, a feminine noun. Plus we exhalt women to Godhood thru Mary.

• Wasn't that "Author" in The Bible? @Dumcam always quotes it amd then is quick to say "Im not a Christian"

It's Brave to say God these days.

To Be Cont...
    "Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I will meet you there." Rumi
  • More info on Earl White (aka awo Falokun Fasegun) can be found at his website here http://www.ojiseegun.com/about.html
    and his Introduction to Ifa CD can be purchased or downloaded here: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/falokunfasegun
    When in doubt zoom out
  • Ok, just researched it, the quote is not from the bible its from a variation on what Charles Reade said. (see wikipedia) I always liked this quote. Seemed like a great foundation on which a child/adult should build from.
    Blissfully adrift in an undulating field of infinite variables.
  • sitarsitar
    Hrair
    jimmybob said:

I'm kind of a racist, and don't really respect religions other than my own, and I didn't really trust this week's guest. Also, I'm kinda mad at this guy named mark, and want to talk shit about him.
    Mr. Takahashi would like to see you all in his office now

sitaramdas.com
    @sitaramdas
  • all due respek.. after killing the cat my curiosity did a google search & found this..

"Alaafia is Not an Afrikan Word Nor Does It Mean Peace.
    Copyright 2007 by HRM Daa Ahosu Fawesagu Agbosi I"

you decide.. Read more here..

Two things:

1. That site you linked to is written entirely in Comic Sans and should be dismissed outright because of that.

2. My friend from Togo, West Africa owns a Fair Trade company there called Alaffia and assures me it is a greeting that roughly means "peace".

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!