Marc Maron appreciation thread
  • messimessi
    Hrair
    wtfpod.com
  • I love Marc!! I saw him on Conan back in 1998 and loved his stuff...Then I heard about the Air America stuff, but couldn't listen...the podcast came out 2 years ago and I was about 25 episodes late, so I crammed them in in a few weeks...I still listen to his pod, but now listen to DTFH & Duncan on Rogan...My time to listen is short, so I make it all count. ...Back to Marc...go see him live...he is very funny...I saw him last Aug and laughed my ass off...
    Eyes that have seen will know what I mean - Todd Rundgren
  • messimessi
    Hrair
    the lesson i took from him is just saying everything you think and feel
  • messimessi
    Hrair
    Piquiod said:

I love Marc!! I saw him on Conan back in 1998 and loved his stuff...Then I heard about the Air America stuff, but couldn't listen...the podcast came out 2 years ago and I was about 25 episodes late, so I crammed them in in a few weeks...I still listen to his pod, but now listen to DTFH & Duncan on Rogan...My time to listen is short, so I make it all count. ...Back to Marc...go see him live...he is very funny...I saw him last Aug and laughed my ass off...

http://www.thelongshotpodcast.com/?p=1055 listen
  • messimessi
    Hrair
    Marc Maron on the long shot podcast said that if you can stop reacting to the things your brain produces . like delusional fears and thought and insecurities and stuff ike that. you can feel more free and happy! THATS EXACT SAME THOUGH CONCLUSIN THAT I CAME TO MYSELF! IT FUCKING RULES
  • messimessi
    Hrair
    I HAVE A THERAPIST IN MY HEAD ! EVERYBODY SHOULD GET ONE
  • tks @messi will listen later...
  • I want Duncan to go on WTF...and blow Maron's mind.
    Have they met?
    I think on a Live WTF, I recall Natasha saying "you should meet my boyfriend", and it was shrugged off...Still would love for that to happen
    Or have marc come on the Family Hour...is Duncan open to it? Somehow I think Marc might be dissmissive somewhat, and certainly intimidated by the breadth and scope of Duncan's knowledge...Duncan can scare the closely guarded with firm thoughts on permanance (does that even make sense)....

What is Duncan's opinion of Marc and WTF?

I admit I am tiring of some of the interviews having my outlook changed thanks to Duncan's show...I loved all the big words and ideas WTF had and it exposed me to alot of great comedians...BUT the DTFH TOTALLY flipped my lid and has created positiv change in my life (sorry WTF)...but Duncan shone a light...I followed it....

• Piquiod said:

I want Duncan to go on WTF...and blow Maron's mind.
    Have they met?
    I think on a Live WTF, I recall Natasha saying "you should meet my boyfriend", and it was shrugged off...Still would love for that to happen
    Or have marc come on the Family Hour...is Duncan open to it? Somehow I think Marc might be dissmissive somewhat, and certainly intimidated by the breadth and scope of Duncan's knowledge...Duncan can scare the closely guarded with firm thoughts on permanance (does that even make sense)....

What is Duncan's opinion of Marc and WTF?

I admit I am tiring of some of the interviews having my outlook changed thanks to Duncan's show...I loved all the big words and ideas WTF had and it exposed me to alot of great comedians...BUT the DTFH TOTALLY flipped my lid and has created positiv change in my life (sorry WTF)...but Duncan shone a light...I followed it....

yes i know what you mean. but Marc is smart and they would get along. he has a smart soul .i think
  • yeah...he's a thinker and a feeler...Duncan is both and a healer!
  • Maron's a comedian I liked since I saw one of his Comedy Presents specials in the early 2000s. He's not a comedian you show to your friends when they ask you about comedy, though. I speak from experience.
    "Say my name three times and I'll appear and hold your balls." --Duncan
  • Maron mentioned Duncan on his episode of Little Esther's podcast. He said Duncan is the only reason his name is on the wall at the Comedy Store.
  • @messi Awesome, thanks for sharing.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."-Socrates

• I really like his bit on suicide, 'I find the thought of it very calming'.

anyone else hear him address the Rogan 'beef' on Little Esther's podcast?
  • welcome. this one was right up my alley
  • DAVE GROHL IS GOING TO BE ON THE PODCAST NEXT WEEK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • i am so happy
  • by the way. seth green was just on the podcast.
  • I saw him at the Hollywood Improv last December. He's well spoken, well groomed and had a relaxed way about him! I am really happy for his success!
  • I love this video. Just wait for the Ice T story.
  • i think Marc should come on the DTFH
  • he should be duncanized
  • I've read a little of his book, The Jerusalem Syndrome: My Life as a Reluctant Messiah and from what I read he was pretty into mysticism. Seems fitting enough for the DTFH. I would be a little afraid for Duncan though. Marc is an intimidating guy who is prone to lash out with his serpent's tongue.
    Post edited by chrisbones at 2013-01-17 21:55:04
  • Dave Grohl this week!
  • Love Marc. He has an awesome interview style, and is just neurotic enough to be interesting without obnoxious tendencies.

The Dave Grohl episode was incredible. Just listened to it today. I would love to see Marc come on the DTFH. I'm really curious as to how he and Duncan would act around each other.
  • Marc Maron in the 80s
    At least he's a good comedian now...
  • Slate Double X Podcast 11/13/13

Topic: Sarah Silverman being joked about at the James Franco roast, but I can't tell which Slate person said what.

“Now we're going to have to listen to a Marc Maron episode where she comes on and elaborates on her hurt....”

“I do blame Marc Maron or credit Marc Maron, however you want to put it, but everyone's the sad clown now.”
  • Marc Maron in the 80s
    At least he's a good comedian now...

Fooey on that, he was good then! If I'd paid for the show that clip was from, I'd have felt fine about it.
  • I want to see "Thinky Pain" - his new special.
    i like the title
    Post edited by messi at 2013-11-27 01:10:46
  • Thinky Pain is very funny, and nearly identical to his recent tour...so you missed him, do it up on Netflix...I love Marc!
  • i saw boomer grabbing a greasy box of chicken & tators at the gas station... it had to be boomer.
  • The Lou Barlow interview he just did was pretty good. Even though he has troubles with interviewing musicians (Nick Cave ugh), i'm glad he does it. Nobody else seems to do it all that often despite the obvious draw.
    Fencesitter, eternal spoil sport.
  • episodes With Josh Homme and Iggy Pop are fenomenal
  • I couldn't even finish the Barlow episode. The 2 songs at the end got to me way too much. Way too relevant.
  • I mean, his two Mencia podcasts are worth at least $10. The first one was the delusion, the second one was the crushing of the soul, Mencia's career truly died the day that podcast came out. Wonder if that guy has gotten help since then?

I don't find too much time for Marc's podcast these days, but I still have it in my list and I do check it every now and then.
    "Up above aliens hover, making home movies for the folks back home of all these weird creatures that lock up their spirits, drill holes in themselves, and live for their secrets. They're all uptight" -Radiohead
  • Dont talk about it! Listen! to the new episode ! ts ts
  • I like him most of the time but find that he can get in the way of his own interviews.
    really?
  • Marc Maron fans will love this video
  • messimessi
    Hrair

Marc Maron fans will love this video

funny:)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!