Experiments in Truth - Yogi scholar teaches us how to slow down and enjoy life! (short)
  • experiments-in-truth.com presents

Koren Paalman is the most excellent yoga instructor I've ever had, she teaches with a sense of acceptance of any and all that enter her domain. She trains the body and mind to learn about itself, to calm down and stretch this noodle out of it's normal chattering cathy/ stressful sammy into a more at ease being, which is where true bliss can be found.
    Experiments in Truth 12 - Koren Paalman, Yogi scholar!

download

Experiments in Truth 11 - Phil O Sophical reclaims the commons// Phil O Sophical joins Experiments in Truth to discuss the importance of Gift Circles, and Sacred Economics. Also joining us is Charis Melina Brown, John Gust and GaliBear !

Charis Melina Brown talks about her extra terrestrial friends and how to exist in the 3rd dimension when you belong in 5D
    download
    Experiments In Truth 10 - The Greys and Starseeds

EIT 9 Daniele Bolelli joins Experiments in Truth to speak about his book On the Warrior's Path, the power of belief, epistemological anarchy and the Princess, Dragon and Warrior archetypes

Experiments in Truth 9 - Daniele Bolelli - Epistemological Anarchism

Experients in Truth 7 - the Resacralization Voyage

Experiments in Truth 7 - The Resacralization Voyage

Gusto and Optimisto discuss what resacralization voyage for humanity means and how to reach such an ambitious goal (with the help of psychedelics?) . We discus how a rites of passage ritual is lacking from today's society and why an understanding of subjective experience is greater than that of an objective, reductionist examination of life in general.

Experiments in Truth 6 (astrology, shadow realm, astral projection, nazis, personal stories)
    Experiments in Truth 6 (astrology, shadow realm, astral projection, nazis, personal stories)

a conversation with Cunning Will - a wandering soul I met on a train! He's a fascinating character and I hope you found our talk of interest you.

Experiments in Truth 5 w/wandering seeker Cunning Will (Occult, Astrology, Meditation, Natural Time)

We gathered at our friend’s place to discuss the Divine Matrix, the origins of conciousness (again), Free Will/Determinism, Paper towels, and whether we should live to fit in to a society or pave our own way down this road called life, one way or another : - (if you're interested in necrophilia, earth bag houses or reiki jump one player down)

Experiments in Truth 4 - Good Bad Ugly, Divine Matrix
    Post edited by optimisto at 2012-08-08 01:31:35
    When in doubt zoom out
  • This was excellent. thanks for posting!
    "I got stuck in a cravarse on the moun-tain."
  • wow this was fucking awesome! these guys talked about all of the shit i have been thinking myself. i also don't buy into the singularity thing but i also don't know too much about it.

i loved at the end how they are talking about what would society look like if we just grew our own food and only put in 2 hours of a work a day. God that would be amazing
  • Listening to Duncan and Joe Rogan inspired me and my friends to start our own podcast as well ----> www.searchforcomo.com

We talk about anything and everything. Seriously, after discovering the whole podcast culture, I can honestly say I think differently about the world. Hope ya like!
    show my podcast some love ---> Search for Como Follow me if you like ---> @tjyoungRU

"The Universe is but a cosmic being exploring itself, learning about itself, and enjoying its own existence through all creatures and all things, in an infinite dance of life."
  • Thanks Amythest Sativa Steve! Amythest - it may warm you to learn that we were all humbly inspired by your comment and now we're starting an urban gardening coalition! We're also looking into the whole 2 hours of work a day thing. I dont know when the next installment to come will happen but we have some special guests lined up already. It was so fun. 8?D
    Post edited by optimisto at 2012-02-25 11:35:02
    When in doubt zoom out
  • @optimisto very cool man, very cool. an urban gardening coalition sounds awesome! the next installment is highly anticipated... i have looked into organic farming in hawaii and am thinking about saving up to buy some land and starting my own community
  • Awesome podcast. Looking forward to more. I also love that one of the hosts sound like robert krulwich
  • https://www.dropbox.com/m/share/diana3.mp3 this is the rough edit of the 2nd collaborative conversation

Topics covered : English teachers deconstructing their students with meditation and poetry, 2012 prophecies, a dope #occupy poem , https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t2ca54v3k3t2tp3/nfB9ntXJC-/Dianapoem.mp3 Salvia, trips, technology effects on young adults and a hatred/major shared aversion to babies and children in general.

Hope you LOVE it! Do you love it?
    Post edited by optimisto at 2012-03-14 18:38:21
    When in doubt zoom out
  • I'll be listening after I finish up Family Cast 2 & 3. Thanks for posting this.

Edit: Just saw @TeeJay post a link to his podcast. I'll be listening to that as well. Thanks guys.
    Post edited by thepurplepope at 2012-03-14 20:23:44
  • @Optimisto The first one was great, I get an error when I try the link to the second though.

@TeeJay I still haven't listened to that many episodes of Search for Como. It's probably because you and your co-host's are young, but I'm finding it hard to relate.
  • Thanks for giving it a listen nonetheless. We are 20-21 and from Central Jersey, so we talk about the things we've had to deal with and experience up until now, but we are trying to appeal to a wider audience. Thanks for the feedback.
    show my podcast some love ---> Search for Como Follow me if you like ---> @tjyoungRU

"The Universe is but a cosmic being exploring itself, learning about itself, and enjoying its own existence through all creatures and all things, in an infinite dance of life."
  • lovin the first one @optimisto

I've held the same belief that everything has some level of consciousness or awareness, and ours is only the most advanced on the planet currently. I think every animal have lesser levels of it, all the way down to matter like you said. Even a rock has some sort of subjective awareness arising from the matter existing in a somewhat organized way. The measurement of it, if you could ever measure it, for a rock would be close to 0 but it wouldn't be exactly 0.

• One thought I had is that if all things have consciousness, then that blurs the line between individual things, and implies that maybe everything is connected. Is there a universal super consciousness made of smaller blips of organized consciousness that would make up a sort of gravemind? (halo reference - I think it makes sense).

Maybe that is what God is, a collection of all of us, "us" not meaning humans but "us" meaning every individual thing that one could separate from all other things, which would include humans, dolphins, bacteria, rocks, electrons, everything. The super intelligence Duncan mentions again and again.

• sorry the 2nd link was bunk. I put it on Soundcloud - it's the very top embed. #3 scheduled to be recorded next Saturday, not this Saturday.
    When in doubt zoom out
  • TeeJay said:

lovin the first one @optimisto

I've held the same belief that everything has some level of consciousness or awareness, and ours is only the most advanced on the planet currently. I think every animal have lesser levels of it, all the way down to matter like you said. Even a rock has some sort of subjective awareness arising from the matter existing in a somewhat organized way. The measurement of it, if you could ever measure it, for a rock would be close to 0 but it wouldn't be exactly 0.

TeeJay said:

One thought I had is that if all things have consciousness, then that blurs the line between individual things, and implies that maybe everything is connected. Is there a universal super consciousness made of smaller blips of organized consciousness that would make up a sort of gravemind? (halo reference - I think it makes sense).

Maybe that is what God is, a collection of all of us, "us" not meaning humans but "us" meaning every individual thing that one could separate from all other things, which would include humans, dolphins, bacteria, rocks, electrons, everything. The super intelligence Duncan mentions again and again.

Nice, very Whitehead-ish. I also think there may be something to panpsychism, especially since quantum physics is hinting that consciousness and matter are fundamentally connected. This definitely implies a sort of monistic nature of the universe where it's constantly undergoing the process of becoming more and more aware of itself.

Terence McKenna once called the universe a "novelty conserving engine". Taking your comment into consideration we could almost take this a step further and infer the universe is a consciousness conserving engine. So when TM speaks of nature passing through a novelty threshold and furthering itself into complexity we could say it's passing a consciousness threshold and becoming more aware of its surroundings.

It's fun to think this way, events like the Cambrian explosion and the creation of culture take on a new meaning. Its as if nature or God or whatnot is feeling it's way throughh time and space trying to get a sense of whats going on, and in that way we have the best seat in the house.... We're like God's eyes gazing upon itself

@optismisto Great podcast my friend, thank you for sharing and continue to share if you can!

"The whole is greater than the sum of its parts"
  • optimisto said:

sorry the 2nd link was bunk. I put it on Soundcloud - it's the very top embed. #3 scheduled to be recorded next Saturday, not this Saturday.

Was that there this whole time? Er, uh, I knew that. I was just, ummm, testing you. Of course I had scrolled up.
  • new installment at the top. 2 of my favorite people gather in my living room to discuss Consciousness, How to break free of the auto-pilot hypnotic state we find ourselves in, why society believes we're fucked, we get an 2 contrasting insider perspectives inside the institution of education. Stories from the classroom and strategies to get students to give a fuck about themselves are explored. I really enjoyed the podcast, but once the education conversation begins, we don't stray - so if you enjoy learning about the process of learning, you'll enjoy continuing until the end but if it bores you then you can stop at that point.
    http://experiments-in-truth.com/
    Post edited by optimisto at 2012-04-02 16:52:47
    When in doubt zoom out
  • hey this is great. can you guys get on itunes?
  • Science (DNA in this case) is definitely the language of God. Francis Collins. I am curious...John, I think his name is...what is his website?
  • I want to give the podcast a listen but I'm having trouble downloading it?
  • Science (DNA in this case) is definitely the language of God. Francis Collins. I am curious...John, I think his name is...what is his website?

John's Website.

I want to give the podcast a listen but I'm having trouble downloading it?

Which installment? All of the download links in this forum are fully connected. Hmmm... ?
    When in doubt zoom out
  • prior to the good podcast we were warming up with conversations about Earthbag houses, intentional communities, vegan condoms, beastiality, necrophilia and reiki (order flipped)
    Experiments in Truth precast 4 (Earthbag houses, Beastiality, Necrophilia, and Reiki)
    When in doubt zoom out

• We gathered at our friend’s place to discuss the Divine Matrix, the origins of conciousness (again), Free Will/Determinism, Paper towels, and whether we should live to fit in to a society or pave our own way down this road called life, one way or another

Experiments in Truth 4 - Good Bad Ugly, Divine Matrix
    When in doubt zoom out
  • Nice. I am excited to give the one above a listen. I am particularly interested to hear your thoughts on: whether we should live to fit in to a society or pave our own way down this road called life, one way or another
  • @amethyst 97:17 mark is when the mouse in the room starts talking about that topic
    When in doubt zoom out
  • I didn't listen to the whole thing but you guys discuss interesting topics for sure. By the way I really like Soundcloud, props for using it.
  • Up shortly will be a great, hour long conversation I had with Will - who graduated college and with $300 on his persons, travelled up to Alaska from Maine and back down to Southern California where we met-up and had this conversation about an hour ago.
    When in doubt zoom out
  • Live now
    When in doubt zoom out
  • Very cool, great convo, I'll listen to the rest throughout the week.
  • thanks - Will just left, but we had the opportunity to record one more EITruth - it's up now :)
    When in doubt zoom out
  • Optimisto , Thanx!!!

• Experiments in Truth 3 - our previous 2 guests - both educators, gather in my living room to discuss Consciousness, How to break free of the auto-pilot hypnotic state we find ourselves in, why society buys into the narrative of the apocalypse ,2 contrasting insider perspectives inside the institution of education. Stories from the classroom and strategies to get students to give a fuck about themselves are explored. I really enjoyed the entire conversation, but once the education conversation begins, we don't stray - so if you enjoy learning about the process of learning, you'll enjoy continuing until the end but if it bores you then you can stop at that point.

Experiments in Truth 3 - Dystopian Classrooms

Experiments in Truth 2 - award winning educator Diana Seeker stops by to chat. Topics covered : English teachers deconstructing their students with meditation and poetry, 2012 prophecies, a dope #occupy poem , Salvia, trips, technology effects on young adults and a hatred/major shared aversion to babies and children in general. I had to add the Dustin Martian remix at the start because it's SO FUCKING GOOD - THANK YOU DUSTIN!
    Download
    Experiments in Truth 2 - Diana Seeker by Source

Experiments in Truth 1, my first foray into anything like this, looking for feedback. Topics include the origins of consciousness, the Singularity, Earthships, how to really prepare the youth for their unprecedented future. Complete with background bong rips.
    Download
    Experiments in Truth - The Podcast by Duncan Trussell's minions
    When in doubt zoom out
  • When in doubt zoom out
  • Experients in Truth 8 - Matt Staggs

Matt Staggs (editorial director of web content at Disinfo.com) agreed to join Experiments in Truth and talk about the Highs and Lows of Occupy Wall Street, shadow government, psychic phenomenons, ultimate reality, shamanism, mono myths and more!

Experiments in Truth 8 - Matt Staggs (disinfo)

DOWNLOAD
    Post edited by optimisto at 2012-07-18 01:12:39
    When in doubt zoom out
  • get on zune so i can listen on my phone! awesome podcast
  • This is great. Don't let it go to your head, my friend, but you have just gained yourself a PODCAST SUBSCRIBER!

Evolved as One. Totale Gedankenübertragung, dude. "REVOLTOFTHEAPES."
  • KHAN
    Owsla
    Great interview!
  • thank you everybody. This is hugely encouraging ;)
    When in doubt zoom out
  • EIT 9 Daniele Bolelli joins Experiments in Truth to speak about his book On the Warrior's Path, the power of belief, epistemological anarchy and the Princess, Dragon and Warrior archetypes

Experiments in Truth 9 - Daniele Bolelli - Epistemological Anarchism
    When in doubt zoom out
  • Charis Melina Brown talks about her extra terrestrial friends and how to exist in the 3rd dimension when you belong in 5D
    download

Experiments In Truth 10 - The Greys and Starseeds
    When in doubt zoom out
  • Experiments in Truth 11 - Phil O Sophical reclaims the commons// Phil O Sophical joins Experiments in Truth to discuss the importance of Gift Circles, and Sacred Economics. Also joining us is Charis Melina Brown, John Gust and @GaliBear !
    When in doubt zoom out
  • Koren Paalman is the most excellent yoga instructor I've ever had, she teaches with a sense of acceptance of any and all that enter her domain. She trains the body and mind to learn about itself, to calm down and stretch this noodle out of it's normal chattering cathy/ stressful sammy into a more at ease being, which is where true bliss can be found.
    Experiments in Truth 12 - Koren Paalman, Yogi scholar!

download
    When in doubt zoom out

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!