The Duncan Trussell Family Hour
| Joey Diaz
  • 
The Duncan Trussell Family Hour  
  | Joey Diaz The Duncan Trussell Family Hour | Joey Diaz
    http://duncantrussell.com/joey-diaz/

The Duncan Trussell Family Hour! Where comedian Duncan Trussell explores the outer reaches of the multiverse.

• hell yes! Great podcast (still haven't listened to it ha!)
  • I haven't listened to it yet but the cover art is giving me tremendously good vibes already. And it's over 2 hours! Fucking sweet!
  • Just in time to help me finish out my work day.
  • Fuck yes this is the episode I've been waiting for COCKSUCKA'S!

Just got to sacrifice some of the sacred herb first. :)
  • Hare Krishna! A new episode of my favorite podcast! Keep 'em coming!
  • what is the song that plays right before Duncan starts talking?

Also don't dismiss the entire radio Duncan. COAST 2 COAST AM bruh
  • JOE DIAZ! Cant wait to listen to this tonight you fuckin mo mo's!
  • hahahhaha

Joey "They don't eat pussy or do nothing to compromise their manhood."

Duncan "Eating pussy does not compromise your manhood."

Joey "because if they eat pussy they'll suck anything."

Duncan (Voice cracking quietly) "...that's not true..."

Joey "hey, these guys are men."

Fuck, I'm dying here!
  • thank you both! love the show. big fan!
  • Duncan and Joey are the two guests that have always pushed Rogan's podcasts into the statosphere of high entertainment. Buckle up bitches!
  • You know Joey is a big man when Duncan can't go on his usual 15 minute rants
  • The song in the beginning is Lightning Bolt - The faire folk. Amazing band!

• Whoa, this one is awesome. Hearing the santeria mythology through joey diaz was really fascinating.
  • This is truly the greatest episode in the history of podcasting.
  • Lightning Bolt *claps* They played the craziest, perhaps the most enjoyable live show I've seen. As a player of bass and the occasional drum kit, I have ultimate love for those guys. So very excited to hear this podcast.

EDIT- Uh, fuck yeah this was great. Its been in my ears twice.
    Post edited by Dringus at 2012-04-11 01:10:07
    "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
    — Albert Camus
  • another EPIC Duncan Trussell Podcast, cocksuckas!!!!
    Traveling through the Multiverse
  • Intense. NYC is all mo-mos with lattes now.
    If you see Buddha on the forum, ban him.
  • A Certain Kind of Death
    is the name of the documentary that Duncan said he could never forget.
    and my soul has been psychedelicized
  • Thank you so much.
    Nong
  • Whoa fuck yeah synchronicity! @duncan, yesterday (that's Easter for those who wont read this til later) I found and bought a copy of Book 4 at a local used book store, so It blew my mind when you mentioned it! ..it was the first time i'd ever been in the place too. I just stopped by on a whim on my way back from the sunday farmers market. I however have absolutely no excuse for why I wasn't on a handful of mushrooms;)
  • That podcast wasn't just a conversation.. It was a screenplay. It was actually really touching. It revealed a lot of things about Joey's life and about his understanding of death, ritual, manhood, and his understanding of how life works. It was also a really nice touch to put that Sinatra Bennett song in there at the end, I Wanna Be Around.

Podcasts are something different. I'm learning too much about people I'll never hang out with. It's like getting emotionally invested in ghosts. Is this how God feels? Maybe it's time to take a break.
    Post edited by Gods_Mustache at 2012-04-09 20:57:09
    We elongate our Maaans 'round these parts.
  • What happened to episode 13? Skipped due to superstition?
  • hup
    Post edited by MagicMouth at 2013-12-29 09:58:37
  • thank-you, duncan for this lovely podcast
  • One of the best podcasts I have ever heard. Riveting. Thanks so much Duncan!!!
    Slaying vampires 24/7
  • Pretty sure this will be mindblowing. I wonder how many actually downloads or listens to this podcast in total. Anyone?
  • I have about 40 minutes left, just enough to get me through a workout tomorrow.
    Best line so far; Joeys step dad would have shot a guy like redban for not being a man.
    Best podcast yet!
  • So intense. One of the best podcasts I ever heard. Thank you Joey for sharing your life with us. Thank you Duncan for being a good listener. This one I believe will be historic.
  • Hey what was that piano music playing in the background with about 2:06:00 left?
  • How is Joey's life even real? It has been just maXXXed out insanity non-stop from day 1.

Two things:

1) I love how he said Juan would have just shot Redban immediately, and Joey wasn't kidding at all.

2) It's amazing how large of a personality Joey Diaz is. The only person I've ever heard him defer to is Stanhope. Normally, I would actually find his type of over-bearishness annoying (as it can be with Rogan at times), but Joey is so damn funny and interesting that it's captivating and great.
  • like duncan said at the beginning.....joey diaz is an amazing story teller.....and this was one of his best i think
  • Dog!
    Am I Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.
  • Wow. I knew this was going to be a good one, but I, uh, significantly underestimated how good. That reached life-changer levels there.

• Good to see joey on the podcast. I'm sure rogan wouldn't have allowed so much santeria talk. One of the best podcasts yet!
    Challenge for the sake of challenge, play for the sake of play
  • I agree that this is one of the best ever, of any podcast.
  • Powerful Duncan Trussell! and Joey Diaz!
    Sent from my rotary phone.
  • Best podcast yet. That was INSANE. Joey's childhood sounds like Scorcese's Brothers Grimm. Big props to Duncan just for giving Joey all the space he needed to tell his story (Rogan yer awesome but plz take note!). Anybody thinking life is just meaningless bullshit needs to listen to this. Joey Diaz gonna put it all in CONTEXT, cocksuckers!

Duncan's podcasts are all hugely entertaining and inspiring. Tell your friends, fellow office-workers, etc. Gil Scott-Heron's prediction is getting an odd twist.
  • I'm going to have to agree with most of the family posting in this thread and say that this is my favorite episode so far. Now I'm off to live my life cocksuckers! Hari Krishna!
  • Great podcast
  • Wow. Joey Diaz & his Guardian Angel dropping Knowledge. :)

Two of my favorite people on the planet. Thanks guys!
    Post edited by rebus_minus at 2012-04-10 12:30:21
    Om Ah Hum Vajra Guru Padma Siddhi Hum
  • What honesty. I admire anyone who can be so matter of fact about his life.
    Am I Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.
  • never in a million years thought i'd get to listen to Joey Diaz tell ghost stories and shine some light on the fascinating subject of Santeria. . . glorrrrry upon glories. that was awesome.
    crom laughs at your four winds
  • God damn. The only reason anybody could hate Joey Diaz, much to their detriment, is because he's 100% honest. Not the typical "i never lie" honesty, but "Im gonna say whats on my mind cocksuckah" honesty.
    Men I want to have a beer with:
    My Dad, Mad Flavor, Shaffir, and D. Trussell.
    Never trust a hungry chef.
  • Great quote from Joey on Twitter:

Joey CoCo Diaz ‏ @madflavor Reply Retweeted Favorite · Open
    Thank you for listening to the newest B&Beast Podcast! Vinny Curto doesn't read books and act smart and swarmy.....He lived a life!

If you don't like Hank Williams, honey, you can kiss my ass.
  • I can't really explain how important and spot on this episode was for me. Literally everything that was described about helping yourself and doing things for yourself is exactly what has been going on for me in the last few days. Today marks the longest Ive gone since I was 17 without a drink, and this episode really gave me a boost to keep going. Thank You.
  • How is Joey's life even real? It has been just maXXXed out insanity non-stop from day 1.

Two things:

1) I love how he said Juan would have just shot Redban immediately, and Joey wasn't kidding at all.

2) It's amazing how large of a personality Joey Diaz is. The only person I've ever heard him defer to is Stanhope. Normally, I would actually find his type of over-bearishness annoying (as it can be with Rogan at times), but Joey is so damn funny and interesting that it's captivating and great.

Yes, when Doug started calling him out on stealing shit and naming him Joey Jingles, joey suddenly turned 13 again and ran the fuck outta that podcast.

It is amazing how close we get to these people on these podcasts, revealing their weak and strong sides. @duncan did good by not interrupting Joey like Joe always does (for the sake of entertainment he always says).

Amazing podcast! Listened to it while cooking and made the greatest meal ever. I laughed when Joey said that he wanted to shoot somebody, i guess he still thinks like a kid sometimes. Gotta be traumatizing to grow up under those circumstances, you don't get to be a kid.
  • I could listen to this dude tell stories for hours, Duncan you gotta have Joey Diaz as a regular guest
  • Listened to it twice, so dope
    Post edited by cjhall at 2012-04-10 16:57:18
  • QTheMuse said:

I could listen to this dude tell stories for hours, Duncan you gotta have Joey Diaz as a regular guest

Joey has his own podcast...Beauty and Da Beast
  • cjhall said:

Listened to it twice, so dope

For real, I'm gonna listen to it again driving back to Austin

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!