Redban Appreciation Thread?
  • KHAN said:

BOOM.

"I'll be doing more of these one-on-one episodes." - Joe Rogan

DUNCAN ON TOMORROW!!!

This'll be great! The two of them alone and unmediated will probably be even more crazy and unpredictable.
  • Does Rogan address Redban not being there in the Eddie Bravo podcast? I'm 19 mins in and they haven't mentioned anything.
  • @khan Booo yah!! Gold. One-on-one.
    Mumia Abu-Jamal is in a jail cell dropping truth. Obama's in the Wite House dropping bombs.
    Which one got the Nobel Peace Prize?
  • @prettygood
    They were definitely talking about different things.
    Mumia Abu-Jamal is in a jail cell dropping truth. Obama's in the Wite House dropping bombs.
  • @cantorset Now they can go down that rabbit hole. Past the point of no return.

By the time they've re-emerged we'll have heard something special.

Edit: "past" not "passed" :)
    Post edited by DannyPinn at 2012-05-07 23:52:21
  • LonoLono
    Hrair

DONE

@redban THX for producing the #deathsquad podcasts, putting up with our beloved @duncantrussell & being a generous dude. #DTFH

So did he tweet this just today? You said he promptly deleted it. If so I'm sure him not being on the JRE tonight and Joe announcing he will be doing more of these one on one casts has something to do with it. It would have to. Aww, poor Redban. As much as I have always wished there would be more JRE casts without him, at least on the more serious one, I hope he reflects and grows instead just getting angry and bitter. He has gotten on my nerves so many times, but I can't help still having a soft spot for the dude. Probably how Joe feels.

• piezopiezo
    Ternary
    Was anyone here listening to the Howard Stern Show about 4 years ago?

I remember it was about this time in 2008 when Artie was at the apex of his meltdown. He was fighting with everyone, calling names, and actually getting violent. His stress levels were through the roof, he wasn't taking care of himself, and he didn't want to deal with anything anymore.

I wondered back then if it was all a publicity stunt, and as time went on it became apparent that there were some serious issues that needed to be dealt with. I've been wondering recently if all of redban's antics have been just to try and stir the pot and get people all riled, but I'm really starting to think that he's going to have an Artie sized meltdown sooner than later if he doesn't deal with what's really bothering him.

I love Artie, and I love redban.
  • Next JRE podcast is going to be the best podcast of the century
  • Has Joe finally realized how easy it is to do a podcast after you buy the equipment? His revelation about doing more alone is exciting. Bye Brian, wish I could say it's been fun.
    brave or just ready to die
  • ChallengerChallenger
    Hrair, Vampire Killer
    piezo said:

Was anyone here listening to the Howard Stern Show about 4 years ago?

I remember it was about this time in 2008 when Artie was at the apex of his meltdown. He was fighting with everyone, calling names, and actually getting violent. His stress levels were through the roof, he wasn't taking care of himself, and he didn't want to deal with anything anymore.

I wondered back then if it was all a publicity stunt, and as time went on it became apparent that there were some serious issues that needed to be dealt with. I've been wondering recently if all of redban's antics have been just to try and stir the pot and get people all riled, but I'm really starting to think that he's going to have an Artie sized meltdown sooner than later if he doesn't deal with what's really bothering him.

I love Artie, and I love redban.

wow. i was, and you're right. there are striking similarities there.

btw, artie has a podcast and is on twitter, if you can believe that. i hope redban gets into a better place. he's a fun addition to the JRE when the level is right.
    .'. ParAdoX .'.
  • Just listened to the Dom Irrera episode. He makes some accurate (and hilarious) observations.
  • messimessi
    Hrair
    He was born to be famous
  • Shoey
    Hrair
    I heard he's not producing jre any more... true or false???
  • well the levels sucked without him, so Joe obviously needs someone to work the ones and twos.

also, Redban, cool it with the drops mane. DJ Doug Pound is a virtuoso with the sounds and even his get annoying sometimes.
  • KHAN
    Owsla
    dustin.martian. ‏ @DustinMartian
    I have been hired as a Producer for the Joe Rogan Experience to assist their podcast network! I am honored to come aboard & help them grow.
    11:35 PM - 8 May 12
  • POWERFUL DUSTIN!!! @DustinMartian Dude, that is fucking awesome, congrats!

p.s i sort of feel sad for Redban though. :( poor lil fella.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] at 2012-05-09 12:00:53
    "I got stuck in a cravarse on the moun-tain."
  • Redban was too busy, maybe Joe's taking some stress off. This could be coming from a place of goodness.
  • KHAN said:

dustin.martian. ‏ @DustinMartian
    I have been hired as a Producer for the Joe Rogan Experience to assist their podcast network! I am honored to come aboard & help them grow.
    11:35 PM - 8 May 12

oh, shit...

sorry Dustin, if you were present.
    I can understand how you might be reluctant to tell Duncan to 'talk into the tape' on your first (or second?) day on the job.
  • dhizzo said:

Redban was too busy, maybe Joe's taking some stress off. This could be coming from a place of goodness.

I agree.

I hope there is harmony throughout the 6 Degrees of Joe Rogan community (Deathsquad, Joey Diaz, DTFH, Ari, etc.). I think that is what Joe is trying to accomplish. I really hope Redban doesn't take it as a attack on his ego, the guy just needs some assistance so he can be at his best. I would have hissy fits too if I was overworked.

I like Redban being the goofy, silly, "Oh Brian" kind of guy that I grew to like, hopefully this move gets him back in that groove.
  • Khan, how the hell did you find out about that so fast?
  • arjuna said:

Khan, how the hell did you find out about that so fast?

the Twitters
    ?
    "Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I will meet you there." Rumi
  • LonoLono
    Hrair
    It's possible this may be the assistant they were talking about needing to hire with Ari. I think that JRE is probably changing, in that Redban won't be a regular fixture any longer, but to play devils advocate, they were talking about getting him an assistant so that may be the case. I doubt it, but could be.
  • duncanduncan
    El-ahrairah
    Hadn't been following this thread, but it's really fucking cool to see that the way many of you are reacting to this situation is not to attack Redban, but to send him sweet tweets.

That's true novelty and it's really inspiring especially when you look at it from the point of view of the Bhagavad Gita which says

"You have a right to your actions you do not have a right to the fruits of your actions" Which means that you act in a compassionate way without any thought of the results of your action. Because acting compassionately out of the desire to create a specific result is just a form of manipulation.

So great work, family! This thread made my day.

• This thread has to be the longest one on the forum!

• @duncan :3
    Love is what occurs when the universe recognizes itself for what it is.
    owlsa support waned RIP orgone
  • I love that Duncan loves what we're doing. It's like a circle jerk of positivity... but aren't all circle jerks, circle jerks of positivity?
  • Thanks Duncan - that's how I got the idea to make it into an unofficial Freakout Challenge. There is a lot of good happening on this forum.
  • Only on the internet are circke jerks a bad thing :)

Every hear of the game "Oookie Cookie"? That's a bad circle jerk, for the loser anyways.
  • messimessi
    Hrair
    dhizzo said:

Only on the internet are circke jerks a bad thing :)

Every hear of the game "Oookie Cookie"? That's a bad circle jerk, for the loser anyways.

i just googled. it. i would beat the shit out of people who play this game. because they deserve it. its their karma
  • messimessi
    Hrair
    I wanna see Redban and Duncan take exctasy together
  • messi said:

i just googled. it. i would beat the shit out of people who play this game. because they deserve it. its their karma

I'm curious to the version you found. The version I'm familiar with involves a group of hockey players in a race to jizz on a cookie, with the loser having to eat the cookie.
  • dhizzo said:

messi said:

I played a lot of sports growing up and I have to believe this is more of an urban myth than anything. I'd heard of it called "ookie cookie" or "soggy donut". I'd imagine that any person who would actually play that game, wouldn't really hate to eat the pastry.

• DannyPinn said:

Just listened to the Dom Irrera episode. He makes some accurate (and hilarious) observations.

I hate to agree, but I agree.

Am I Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.
  • Respect to you @duncan for the way you spoke to Joe on JRE about this issue. You're right that this is an evolving community of podcasts, and nothing can be build upon an inbalanced basis.
    You were humble in admitting that you can't speak out against war without making peace with those directly around you.

You were also very, very right about this - eggs were broken, so we may as well make omelets.
  • Doni
    Hrair
    Much love to Duncan but guy needs to learn when to drop it. Heard him bitching about podcasters not paying ppl again with Eddie pepitone. Here's the deal. This kind of stuff happens in all entertainment venues. Bands need to play shows for exposure. Djs release free mix tapes. The examples go on and on. Here's what you do if you don't like it. Produce your own show. Or be a man and talk about it. But after you talk about it, you can't keep bringing it up. That's bitch behavior. Again I love duncans podcast right down to the strangely hilarious t shirt adverts but take it from me, a guy who has released hundreds of songs for free in the name of getting publicity for myself (www.youtube.com/donimusic shameless plug) I'm sure that this kind of stuff goes on all the time. If Duncan was really sorry, he would drop it and be the bigger person. Clearly he still has issues and obviously redban listens to his podcast... So just drop it. It's starting to look pathetic. Did joe rogan pay you to come on his podcast? Even if he did, the promotion you get from being on that show is huge. Comon dude be a person
  • Doni
    Hrair
    For the trolls I realize Duncan has his own show, my point is that ppl have options. They shouldn't feel ripped off for not getting paid for a 10 minute set on a show that gives then freaking HUGE promotion and powerful connections.
  • KHAN
    Owsla
    @Doni this is shades of RSS. Joe doesn't pay Duncan to be on JRE because JRE dosen't sell tickets, its a free show.

The Ice House now pays all comics $20-60 whereas before only some people got paid. That's a fucking good thing if you're a struggling comedian in CA.

sometimes its good to just shuttp and not complain, sometimes being a bitch is what gets shit done. #ows #marriage
  • ChallengerChallenger
    Hrair, Vampire Killer
    whole lotta 2-post cowboys up in this thread, every one saying the same thing...
    .'. ParAdoX .'.
  • KHAN
    Owsla

whole lotta 2-post cowboys up in this thread, every one saying the same thing...

True. It's an argument that comes down to your particular beliefs.
  • whole lotta 2-post cowboys up in this thread, every one saying the same thing...

Wut?
  • KHAN
    Owsla
    @dhizzo I think he means people who join just to add their 2 cents to the thread without reading through
  • KHAN said:

@dhizzo I think he means people who join just to add their 2 cents to the thread without reading through

I agree with that, it happens, kids don't read these days! But I don't really think people are saying the same thing over and over again.
  • KHAN
    Owsla
    You're right. People aren't talking about the beards enough.
  • @KHAN a friend challenged me to grow my beard terminal style el la Ram Dass. I accepted. And decided to apply terminal length to all body hair.
  • KHAN
    Owsla
    So basically your junk looks like Osama Bin Laden?
  • KHAN said:

So basically your junk looks like Osama Bin Laden?

An overweight OBL.
  • JoshJosh
    Hrair
    I appreciate Brian in a lot of ways. That being said, I don't understand people who hold grudges over egocentric, trivial moments like this. Forgive and forget!
    What would Don Genaro do?
  • KHAN
    Owsla
    Trying to make Pinocchio joke about OBL lying but couldn't figure out what would cause him to sneeze white jizz.
  • I like Brian too. I find him pretty funny.

As the Trussell said, "You can only work from your side of the street."
    Love is what occurs when the universe recognizes itself for what it is.
    owlsa support waned RIP orgone

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!