Abstract Representation of Time. Your Minds' Calendar
  • My mind sees the days of the week like this.

My mind sees the months of the year like this.

Depending on the day of the week or month I see it in perspective. Like I'm on a game board and looking toward the next block and beyond. If I'm planning something too far beyond my perspective (ex: if it's january and I'm planning something in september), my mind will switch to an areal view.

Anybody else see things different from a standard calendar?

We elongate our Maaans 'round these parts.
  • You're making me realize that I basically have no internal representation of time. I break it down into "shit that has happened" and "shit that has not happened yet," each a hazy cluster on either side of "now." At best I can organize them along something like a string with some points closer to "now" than others, but its all very relative.
    it is what it is, but it ain't what it's cracked up to be
  • That might be the best way to look at it @weedmasterp. People always say live in the moment and if people weren't on such a tight schedule there might not even be days of the week - just day time and night time.
  • Something tells me there are people who can live in the moment while still understanding what the fuck they're supposed to do with a calendar. I've always looked at this as a borderline mental disability. Obviously I don't really stress about future events that much, but at the same time my long-term time management skills are shit. I don't think there's any necessary contradiction between being stress-free and knowing how to handle a calendar.
    it is what it is, but it ain't what it's cracked up to be
  • Weedmasterp it gets better with age. It's a development thing. Part experience and part discipline.

Time management. Past, present, and future.
  • I think calendars are used so people don't have to think so much. They use it to know exactly what to do when they have to do it. It's helpful for what ails ya WMP

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!